PDA

View Full Version : Uk tv documentary on DRATS this week

test

mwmr
08-17-2019, 02:49 PM
On sky arts channel Friday 23rd at 8pm

marv2
08-17-2019, 03:23 PM
Oh great. I hope I will be able to pick it up over the internet. Thanks mwmr!

Bluebrock
08-18-2019, 02:53 AM
On sky arts channel Friday 23rd at 8pm
Don't get too excited. I have seen previous editions of this series and it is basically just lots of archive footage. I am sure it will be nice to watch but i doubt there will be anything new to see. The Aretha and Dusty editions were enjoyable, but did not contain anything i had not seen many times before. They only run for around 23 minutes excluding adverts and are aimed at the casual fan rather than the committed fan, but it should be very enjoyable.

annettewainwright
08-18-2019, 03:13 PM
Don't get too excited. I have seen previous editions of this series and it is basically just lots of archive footage. I am sure it will be nice to watch but i doubt there will be anything new to see. The Aretha and Dusty editions were enjoyable, but did not contain anything i had not seen many times before. They only run for around 23 minutes excluding adverts and are aimed at the casual fan rather than the committed fan, but it should be very enjoyable.

I'm actually glad that things are being aimed at the "casual fan" these days [[see: "Motown 60", new Showtime doc.). New audience members are always welcome and it's actually a breath of fresh air for those of us who don't want to get wrapped up in another thread about how Cal Street of the Velvelettes should have been at Motown 60.

Bluebrock
08-18-2019, 03:56 PM
I'm actually glad that things are being aimed at the "casual fan" these days [[see: "Motown 60", new Showtime doc.). New audience members are always welcome and it's actually a breath of fresh air for those of us who don't want to get wrapped up in another thread about how Cal Street of the Velvelettes should have been at Motown 60.
I suppose it is a good way to introduce potential new fans to the music.

annettewainwright
08-18-2019, 04:34 PM
I suppose it is a good way to introduce potential new fans to the music.

Exactly Blue.