PDA

View Full Version : The New Mary Wilson release: "Life's Been Good to Me"!

test

marv2
03-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Hello everyone. Mary's new single from her latest CD, "Life's Been Good to Me" has finally dropped! Here is a copy of the cover:

marv2
03-02-2011, 07:57 PM
You can get it here!

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/lifes-been-good-to-me-single/id423335280

Kamasu_Jr
03-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

juicefree20
03-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Still a very beautiful woman!

Roberta75
03-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Still a very beautiful woman!

Mary was always so pretty.

topdiva1
03-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Mary Wilson is just plain drop dead gorgeous - and a great singer.

Kamasu_Jr
03-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Yeah, yeah.

Kamasu_Jr
03-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Who the hell is Mary Wilkson?

C'mon who is she?

topdiva1
03-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Who the hell is Mary Wilkson?

Now every one here knows i cannot spell. hehehehehe
But we did not need you to point it out.

captainjames
03-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Heck I was thinking it was what they called her in her childhood like Diane so I just went with the flow.

topdiva1
03-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Heck I was thinking it was what they called her in her childhood like Diane so I just went with the flow.

LOL thanks. It was a simple error from typing to fast. LOL

Kamasu_Jr
03-02-2011, 08:45 PM
heck i was thinking it was what they called her in her childhood like diane so i just went with the flow.

That's Ms. Wilkson to you.

captainjames
03-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Kamasu you need to stop........LOL

That's Ms. Wilkson to you.

des123
03-02-2011, 09:25 PM
This song is not available for purchase in the United States.

robbert
03-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Not available for purchase in the United States??? This is 2011...
F*ck the rules! Bend them!

skooldem1
03-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Is there anywhere we can hear a sample?

Kamasu_Jr
03-02-2011, 10:38 PM
If it's a digital download, how do they know where it's being purchased?

REDHOT
03-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks MARV2,for posting the album cover,MISS MARY WILSON looks great,
Please stay positive

smark21
03-02-2011, 10:47 PM
If it's a digital download, how do they know where it's being purchased?

If you're in the UK, you can purchase it from itunes uk. To hear a sample, click on the link Marv provided. Based on the sample,it's a nice enough song. I like the picture though, Mary has been needing to update her publicity pictures for some time as she's been using the same pics for over a decade.

des123
03-02-2011, 11:05 PM
They can tell your location by your IP address

marv2
03-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks MARV2,for posting the album cover,MISS MARY WILSON looks great,
Please stay positive

You are welcome Redhot! She does looks very beautiful.

theboyfromxtown
03-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the link for the 45

Mary was on an evening news programme last night. Apparently Mary was asked the possibility of Diana and her getting together. Mary told the interviewer that all that is needed is for her to receive a phone call. This programme might even be on the internet for everyone to see. It was called London Tonight.

If anyone sees that Mary is appearing on British TV, can they post it on here. I have to ask someone to record it for me because I can't do stuff like that so I need to know in advance.

topdiva1
03-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the link for the 45

Mary was on an evening news programme last night. Apparently Mary was asked the possibility of Diana and her getting together. Mary told the interviewer that all that is needed is for her to receive a phone call. This programme might even be on the internet for everyone to see. It was called London Tonight.

If anyone sees that Mary is appearing on British TV, can they post it on here. I have to ask someone to record it for me because I can't do stuff like that so I need to know in advance.

That phone call may bever actually come. And if it does Diana Ross herself will have very little to do with it.

Ask Rhonda.

marv2
03-03-2011, 06:24 PM
If you're in the UK, you can purchase it from itunes uk. To hear a sample, click on the link Marv provided. Based on the sample,it's a nice enough song. I like the picture though, Mary has been needing to update her publicity pictures for some time as she's been using the same pics for over a decade.

Here is another recent one from the same photo shoot:

smark21
03-03-2011, 08:46 PM

Thanks Marv. Glad she has some new pics out there to promote her show.

topdiva1
03-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Great picture of Mary - thanks Marv2

Drew P. Nads
03-04-2011, 01:35 PM

I went to see Mary on Wednesaday night and afterwards got her autograph. She is still a beautiful woman despite being a few days short of 67 years old. I know on another thread folk were talking about her and Diana having had cosmetic surgery. All I can say is that 'IF' Mary has had any it is perfectly done!!! And if she has, then it's her choice and no-one else's!
BTW, the show was great and Mary was well worth waiting 32 years to see! She didn't sing this new tune though!

Roberta75
03-04-2011, 01:56 PM
All I can say is that 'IF' Mary has had any it is perfectly done!!! And if she has, then it's her choice and no-one else's!

Very well put Drew P. Nada. It's Mary's money and if she or anyone else wants to pay for plastic surgery, then who are we to comment or judge.

Motown_M_1056
03-04-2011, 02:02 PM
You're right, why shouldn't she look good? She can afford WHATEVER it is she's had or hasn't had done. And as long as I'm not giving her a dime of my money...it doesn't effect me.

jeff9nyc
03-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Of course she's had plastic surgery. But who really cares?! We love for her to look like "Mary Wilson" which wouldn't be possible at 67 without a few adjustments. I still laugh at the chin though. In old pictures she had none! Bottom line...she's a beautiful woman who's kept us talking and entertained for almost 50 years! Thanks Mary.

thommg
03-04-2011, 05:22 PM
I can't say that either one, Mary or Diana, has had any surgery. They don't seem to look like they've had anything major done, if they did have some. And isn't Mary's chin surgery due to the car accident?

motown4ever
03-04-2011, 06:34 PM
That Jay Leno chin that's it, she's a pretty lady she didn't need to do that. Hell it's her money...

Roberta75
03-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Mary Wilson has completed six of her UK concerts but I have yet to read one single review in any newspaper. Has anyone seen any reviews and if so could you please post them.

My thanks in advance.

Roberta

gordy_hunk
03-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Roberta makes a good point - I've not seen any reviews either.

I went to Mary's concert last night, and was she completely amazing! It's her 67th birthday today.

She performed some of the 1960's material [[including Reflections, Baby Love, Stop! In the name of love, Back in my arms again, Someday we'll be together, You keep me hanging on) and 1970's [[including Bad weather, Nathan Jones, Floy Joy), and a few others [[I am changing and Walk the line). She delivered a brilliant performance. These were all at the right tempo - not speeded up at all, and proper versions, not small clips of each. Vocally she was impressive. Friends who came with me had never seen her before, and didn't expect the concert to be 'top notch' just couldn't keep in their seats. They were spellbound by her ability to sing powerfully and with soul.

She referred to Flo Ballard a few times, and made a heartfelt mention of Flo prior to singing 'I am changing'.

It was clear that the audience loved it too - and well worth going to see.
On stage for well over 75 minutes, she was sensational.

westgrandboulevard
03-06-2011, 08:26 AM
OK Roberta.....

I wasn't available to attend the concert [[RATS!!!!) but here y'go..... just for you, Gordyhunk and all.....

Review: Bournemouth Echo [[issue Tuesday March 1st)

Mary Wilson, Bournemouth Pavilion, Sunday February 27th - Jeremy Wilson

Being a Supreme was obviously a pretty tough gig.

Diana Ross got the big bucks [[and a few bad headlines).

Poor Florence Ballard couldn't hack it. She left the band, went downhill and died aged 32.

But they did have some great tunes and Mary Wilson had the sense to carry on.

The result is plain to see. She certainly isn't anyone's backing vocalist on this tour.

She's a big name, fronting a slick soul band and steaming through all the big hits - Stop In The Name Of Love, You Keep Me Hanging On, River Deep Mountain High, Baby Love...they were all there.

Just days before her 67th birthday, this grandmother of eight was looking good and sounding phenomenal.

At one point she invited members of the audience up on stage to sing along.

Support act were 70s smooch-merchants The Chi-lites, bringing with them some smooth tunes and a few memories that had a whiff of Old Spice and Blue Nun about them.

Roberta75
03-06-2011, 10:25 AM

I went to Mary's concert last night, and was she completely amazing! It's her 67th birthday today.

She performed some of the 1960's material [[including Reflections, Baby Love, Stop! In the name of love, Back in my arms again, Someday we'll be together, You keep me hanging on) and 1970's [[including Bad weather, Nathan Jones, Floy Joy), and a few others [[I am changing and Walk the line). She delivered a brilliant performance. These were all at the right tempo - not speeded up at all, and proper versions, not small clips of each. Vocally she was impressive. Friends who came with me had never seen her before, and didn't expect the concert to be 'top notch' just couldn't keep in their seats. They were spellbound by her ability to sing powerfully and with soul.

She referred to Flo Ballard a few times, and made a heartfelt mention of Flo prior to singing 'I am changing'.

Thank you for the great review gordy_hunk and happy birthday Mary Wilson.

Roberta75
03-06-2011, 10:28 AM
OK Roberta.....

I wasn't available to attend the concert [[RATS!!!!) but here y'go..... just for you, Gordyhunk and all.....

Review: Bournemouth Echo [[issue Tuesday March 1st)

Mary Wilson, Bournemouth Pavilion, Sunday February 27th - Jeremy Wilson

Being a Supreme was obviously a pretty tough gig.

Diana Ross got the big bucks [[and a few bad headlines).

Poor Florence Ballard couldn't hack it. She left the band, went downhill and died aged 32.

But they did have some great tunes and Mary Wilson had the sense to carry on.

The result is plain to see. She certainly isn't anyone's backing vocalist on this tour.

She's a big name, fronting a slick soul band and steaming through all the big hits - Stop In The Name Of Love, You Keep Me Hanging On, River Deep Mountain High, Baby Love...they were all there.

Just days before her 67th birthday, this grandmother of eight was looking good and sounding phenomenal.

At one point she invited members of the audience up on stage to sing along.

Support act were 70s smooch-merchants The Chi-lites, bringing with them some smooth tunes and a few memories that had a whiff of Old Spice and Blue Nun about them.

Thank you very much westgrandboulevard.

rod_rick
03-06-2011, 01:29 PM

What Mary sang "Floy Joy and Nathan Jones"? would love to hear or see a clip of that

marv2
03-13-2011, 01:45 AM
Here is another option to buying the new single. Amazon.com UK. Listening to the sample here, it sounds REAL nice

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lifes-Been-Good-Long-Version/dp/B004QMB4IA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1299985528&sr=8-2

Glenpwood
03-13-2011, 11:12 AM
There's a backdoor way of picking up Mary's single from iTunes UK by joining that store via a UK issued ITunes gift card. They are easy to get on eBay. I have simultaneous accounts from my same home computer here in the USA to 7 different countries itunes stores with no issues. The main catch is each account has to have a different email address and you have to list an address in the country your setting up an account. I've just googled hotels in a major city of the country without issue. You can never set up a credit card on it and have to keep buying gift cards to maintain the account but in the long run it's saved me plenty by not having to pay shipping on import CDs when I only waned one or two tracks. They also have a lot of Northern Soul and Motown in the UK store that's not on the USA one. Hope this helps. Another reputable dealer for iTunes UK gift cards online is the site mitunes.tv

REDHOT
03-13-2011, 12:46 PM
I'll say it again,Lifes been good to me,is Mary Wilson at her best,it is a slamming track,Mary's is right up front,and the background is also really good,Mary is also singing some of the background,with the right push,this could be a hit for her.
Please stay positive

Roberta75
03-13-2011, 01:12 PM
I'll say it again,Lifes been good to me,is Mary Wilson at her best,it is a slamming track,Mary's is right up front,and the background is also really good,Mary is also singing some of the background,with the right push,this could be a hit for her.
Please stay positive

How did you manage to hear the entire Mary Wilson song REDHOT? I can only hear a small part of it on I tunes UK.

Thank you.

Roberta

REDHOT
03-13-2011, 02:39 PM
A friend sent it[[Lifes been good to me) to me,everyone i play it for,liked it,i can't wait to get the album,or should i say CD.
Please stay positive

thaperson
03-13-2011, 07:55 PM
If Mary is so interested in a reunion, then why doesn't she pick up the phone and initiate it?

Just saying.

Roberta75
03-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Oh please I beg everyone not to turn this thread into another Supremes reunion thread. It always turns into a nasty name throwing fight. Please lets all stay respectful of each other and not fight over Mary Wilson and Diana Ross. There are thousands of people dead and tens of thousands more homeless in Japan. Lets put our energy into sending prayers to those less fortunate than us. When you put things into perspective isn't fighting over a Supremes reunion rather petty?

I hope all of you are having a peaceful Sunday.

Roberta.

Roberta.

Roberta75
03-13-2011, 08:17 PM
A friend sent it[[Lifes been good to me) to me,everyone i play it for,liked it,i can't wait to get the album,or should i say CD.
Please stay positive

Lucky you.

Enjoy.

Roberta

longtimefan
03-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Does anyone know [[1) who wrote and [[2) who produced this track? What is the "record label?" Thanks!

luke
03-17-2011, 10:00 AM
I was wondering too--most of her new cd is HDH produced I understood[[or HH) but I dont know for sure. I heard the whole single--very nice and current. Im surprised as she had said her cd was going to be more jazzy/MOR I thought.

marv2
03-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Angelo Bond is one of the writers.

longtimefan
03-17-2011, 11:02 AM
More information regarding purchase of download...

www.marywilson.com

motown01
03-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Angelo Bond was one of the writers/producers for Invictus / Hot Wax, so it's safe to assume that the Holland brothers were involved in some way...

copley
03-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Like Mary, don't like the new song. A waste of time releasing a single these days unless you are one of the 'in crowd'. No chance of it being a hit. None or little airplay. 99% of today's kids have never heard of her and why should they have. Loved her singing 'Nathan Jones'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMQHDc1dmUc

marv2
03-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Angelo Bond was one of the writers/producers for Invictus / Hot Wax, so it's safe to assume that the Holland brothers were involved in some way...

Angelo had a very popular hit back in the 70's with "Reach for The Moon" from his album "Bondage":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sev1FGm3SCg

marv2
03-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Copley, this song "Life's Been Good to Me" is not for the kids. They are not marketing this recording to kids. I don't think Mary will be going on "106 & Park".

If they should buy it , it will be because they like it and then perhaps learn who Mary Wilson of the Supremes is. I don't know many of the artists under the age of 30 today, because they are not what I listen to. The "youth market" i.e. 16-25 yr olds is substantially smaller than it was when I was in the age brackett. When the Baby Boom came through , you had everything from tooth paste to automobiles marketed to that target market. No so today.......with the youth.

marv2
03-17-2011, 04:31 PM
By the way, I heard the entire song and it fits the Urban Contempary format perfectly.

luke
03-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Actually it fits urban, MOR, and pop!! Smart!

Glenpwood
03-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Composer listed solely as Paul Hill on the ITunes download. No listing given of the producer.

marv2
03-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Does anyone know [[1) who wrote and [[2) who produced this track? What is the "record label?" Thanks!

The label is "Motor City Works".

Drew P. Nads
03-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Just found a site where Mary talks about the new album!

The following is an extract:
Mary brightened when I asked about her new biographical CD, “Clarity,” on which she collaborated with Brian and Eddie Holland, Angelo Bonv, Casandra Jordon and Paul Hill, which is scheduled for release on the H-D-H label in mid-August.

“Well, its taken producer Richard Davis over three years to produce it on his Motor City Works Company,” she said. “One of the reasons it took so long was my reticence to give up my private journals, which I’ve been writing every day since 1960. Eventually, Eddie and Brian Holland persuaded me. It was the only way we could compose the songs. We recorded much of the CD in our spiritual home of Detroit and mixed it in L.A. studios”
I asked Mary for a preview for the songs for our readers.

“Johnny Mae”
“My mom’s name; It’s about the hardships of growing up in the Mississippi Delta and breaking free to find a better life, moving to St. Louis and Chicago, then Detroit.”

“Home Girls”
It’s about the friendship we had in the group. I pray every day for a miracle that someday Diane and I will be together again.”

“Why Can’t We Get Along”
“The beginning of the breakup and Diane hogging the limelight, always stage front while Florence, and then Cindy and myself, were relegated to the back, just harmonizing. Diane would watch the TV monitor above her head so she could see our positions then move in place for the finale to throw her hands and arms up, deliberately covering our faces.”
Other titles include “Life’s Been Good To Me”, “Quest” and “The Need To Know.”

skooldem1
03-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Love the contemporary sound of her new song. I wasn't expecting that. But this interview is dissappointing to say the least. Mary- You haven't sung with Diana Ross for 40 years. Get over it.

captainjames
03-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah the interview was a tad bit shallow but, I welcome anything new from any ex-Supreme when it comes to music.

chestersong
03-18-2011, 02:25 PM
It's disappointing and I know what you mean. That song should have been titled "Why Can't I Move On". Maybe by August smart minds will prevail and her cd will be axed of any supremes journals about her supreme days. she need to listen to her fans again.

Roberta75
03-18-2011, 02:29 PM

Mary brightened when I asked about her new biographical CD, “Clarity,” on which she collaborated with Brian and Eddie Holland, Angelo Bonv, Casandra Jordon and Paul Hill, which is scheduled for release on the H-D-H label in mid-August.

“Well, its taken producer Richard Davis over three years to produce it on his Motor City Works Company,” she said. “One of the reasons it took so long was my reticence to give up my private journals, which I’ve been writing every day since 1960. Eventually, Eddie and Brian Holland persuaded me. It was the only way we could compose the songs. We recorded much of the CD in our spiritual home of Detroit and mixed it in L.A. studios”
I asked Mary for a preview for the songs for our readers.

“Johnny Mae”
“My mom’s name; It’s about the hardships of growing up in the Mississippi Delta and breaking free to find a better life, moving to St. Louis and Chicago, then Detroit.”

“Home Girls”
It’s about the friendship we had in the group. I pray every day for a miracle that someday Diane and I will be together again.”

“Why Can’t We Get Along”
“The beginning of the breakup and Diane hogging the limelight, always stage front while Florence, and then Cindy and myself, were relegated to the back, just harmonizing. Diane would watch the TV monitor above her head so she could see our positions then move in place for the finale to throw her hands and arms up, deliberately covering our faces.”
Other titles include “Life’s Been Good To Me”, “Quest” and “The Need To Know.”

It's very exciting that Mary Wilson has a new product out for her fans but a tad sad that she's still praying hoping that she and Diana will be together again.

That said, I wish Mary well and will support her by purchasing her new CD.

chestersong
03-18-2011, 02:40 PM
yes it is sad that in 2011 she still feels a need to tell people she must be something because she once sang with diana ross. At least she has some new product to sell at her shows. Her books are about 25 years old.

REDHOT
03-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks you DREW P.NADS,for posting this info,on MARY WILSON'S new album CLARITY,i can't wait to get it,i love the single,it's music of today.
Please stay positive

marv2
03-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Here is the edit version of Mary's latest single......." Life's Been Good to Me".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmvElVGQK0A

jillfoster
03-21-2011, 02:37 PM
It is current sounding, that's for sure. I hate current sounding stuff.... but I wish her luck with it. "Walk the Line" was quite current for it's time as well, and if they had decent distribution, it might have done something, espcially considering her debuting it on Aresenio Hall. I called musicland the next morning asking for her CD... they didn't have it, the clerk told me, "Your'e the third person that's called about this today!" And I called them at 10:30 AM. I really liked Walk The Line, though.

blkfrost
03-21-2011, 02:58 PM
I like the new single from Mary Wilson. She will be in San Francisco at the end of the month playing at Yoshi's.

marv2
03-21-2011, 03:53 PM
I like the new single from Mary Wilson. She will be in San Francisco at the end of the month playing at Yoshi's.

I like it a lot too. It is sure to get played here in New York City! Maybe Mary will sing it when she is out your way. That would be so nice.

blueskies
03-21-2011, 04:26 PM
I like it.....sort of. Seems the back up singers sing more than she does on it? I will buy the CD and support Mary, for sure. I wish her all the best of luck with this project.

luke
03-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Very cool-love it! Current but not pandering.

skooldem1
03-21-2011, 06:03 PM
I like it. Does anyone know if Mary gets any songwriting credits?

marv2
03-21-2011, 06:18 PM
I like it. Does anyone know if Mary gets any songwriting credits?

Wow, Skooldem, that is an excellent question because they did use Mary's diaries as the basis for most of the songs.

roger
03-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Try this link folks ..

MARY WILSON : "Lifes Been Good To Me" ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmvElVGQK0A

For what its worth I enjoy listening to it ..

Roger

Roberta75
03-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Try this link folks ..MARY WILSON : "Lifes Been Good To Me" ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmvElVGQK0A For what its worth I enjoy listening to it ..Roger

Thank you for the link Roger. It's a pleasant enough song but I wouldn't call it hit material. It would be nice if we could hear more of Mary on the song. However, I will purchase the single and CD to support Miss Wilson.

Anyone have any idea when the entire CD will be released in the US?

Thank you again.

Roberta

milven
03-21-2011, 08:26 PM

“Well, its taken producer Richard Davis over three years to produce it on his Motor City Works Company,” she said. “One of the reasons it took so long was my reticence to give up my private journals, which I've been writing every day since 1960. Eventually, Eddie and Brian Holland persuaded me......

I'm not being critical, just curious. Mary says that she did not want to give up her private journals to the Holland Brothers. But, didn't she give up the privacy in them when she wrote her books based on those diaries?

luke
03-21-2011, 09:54 PM
I think there is a difference between ones feelings and thoughts, and a historical record.

marv2
03-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Speaking of historical, I was thinking about this now historic television special today with all of it's
memorable moments, music etc. It's hard to believe that it was taped 28 years
ago this month! [[It was taped in March 1983 and aired on NBC in May, 1983.)

Another thing that came to mind is that of all those wonderful, talented, great
artists that appeared that night, only Mary Wilson and El DeBarge have current
recordings. You could possibly add in Smokey Robinson, although his CD has been
out for several months now. I just find that fact amazing!

luke
03-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Wow that is something! Cheers to Mary and El. [[I assume Stevie is still signed to Motown-is that correct?)

hartfordman
03-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Wow, I like this song. Very current and it has a smooth soulful sound to it. The background singers are great on this. Mary sounds smooth and not pushing to hit notes above her range. If she can get some play on the contemporary stations this will do well for her. I can't wait to get the cd when it is released.

bobnjoc
03-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Wishing Mary the very best!! It would be so nice to see the new song take off for her.

theboyfromxtown
03-24-2011, 06:29 PM
I have played this over a few days now and it's grown on me.

I have a cd from a guy named Paul Hill from about 10 years ago. He was pushing it via a well known English shop geared for the gays. I wonder if it's the same guy.

stephanie
03-24-2011, 07:58 PM
I like the song but I say less background girls and more Mary Wilson! I like U better but this is fine.
Steph

marv2
04-07-2011, 10:56 PM
This is an interesting new video for Mary's new single by Timcat Productions. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjpfGcarY-Q

chestersong
04-07-2011, 11:19 PM
i like the song well enough, but it's hardly what i would call a Mary Wilson single. it's all background voices up front with a few spoken parts by Mary. and to bring up in a song that life hasn't been all sunshine for Mary only emphasizes her larger story of being in the shadow of Diana Ross. A ballad about life's great romances would have served her better.

marv2
04-07-2011, 11:31 PM
i like the song well enough, but it's hardly what i would call a Mary Wilson single. it's all background voices up front with a few spoken parts by Mary. and to bring up in a song that life hasn't been all sunshine for Mary only emphasizes her larger story of being in the shadow of Diana Ross. A ballad about life's great romances would have served her better.

I think it is a great song and I like it. In fact, I like it More Today, Than Yesterday! hehehehehehe.........

midnightman
04-11-2011, 01:33 AM
It's aight but the background vocals were too much. It overshadowed Mary.

marv2
04-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Mary is singing the background too with the other singers.

detmotownguy
04-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Thanks for posting the Tribute link! It is a great song.

Koach
04-11-2011, 08:30 AM
She still looks very good. My father saw her, Diana and Flo perform twice as a teenager.

milven
04-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Mary is singing the background too with the other singers.

Isn't that what she spent forty years trying to get away from? I like the song too, but wish that Mary's voice were more up front and and less blended with the other singers.

theboyfromxtown
04-11-2011, 08:44 AM
I hear you Milvern but look what happened to Cher and her "I Believe"! It seems to be the fashion these days.

I guess the only way to get to hear her vocal out front is to see her in concert.