PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Butler - "Brand New Me" [[Live Performance!)

test

marv2
08-08-2019, 10:35 PM
The Ice Man" sounding as good as ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqtGS0U-w6k

arr&bee
08-09-2019, 01:15 AM
One of the best to ever do it-marv you ain't gonna believe this but,i just put that classic on a soul compilation the other day...jerry butler -forever!!

marv2
08-09-2019, 11:23 AM
I know you love great music so it's not too hard to believe. Jerry Butler has never made a bad recording in my opinion!

Motown Eddie
08-09-2019, 01:06 PM
A great song & performance by Jerry Butler and one of the early pillars of The Philly Soul Sound. Thanks Marv2.

smallworld
08-10-2019, 08:20 AM
Jerry Butler is a first class talent. His name does not come up often enough when his contemporaries are praised in popular culture.

splanky
08-11-2019, 10:19 AM
The person who originally posted that on youtube has a number of other video
performances and as I understand, more in the can. I bookmarked his/her channel to
see what other goodies show up in the future. I can't help but be curious about who
were the girls backing Jerry here. Sorry, I'm anal like that....

marv2
08-11-2019, 01:05 PM
The person who originally posted that on youtube has a number of other video
performances and as I understand, more in the can. I bookmarked his/her channel to
see what other goodies show up in the future. I can't help but be curious about who
were the girls backing Jerry here. Sorry, I'm anal like that....

Splanky, the very first lady on the left I believe is Brenda Eager who Jerry recorded a duet with.

arr&bee
08-12-2019, 12:00 AM
Ahh the talented-brenda lee eager[ain't understanding mellow-1972]a soul classic.

splanky
08-12-2019, 05:29 AM
OMG, how did I not recognize Brenda Lee Eager? So after refreshing a crippled memory
I see the group is Peaches, his back up singers. Still don't know who the other girls are
but obviously Brenda was the cream. Ain't Understanding Mellow had what I thought was
the coolest bass line of the time. Dopest as they say nowadays. Have to listen to it again
this morning...Thanks, guys...

reese
08-12-2019, 08:51 AM
OMG, how did I not recognize Brenda Lee Eager? So after refreshing a crippled memory
I see the group is Peaches, his back up singers. Still don't know who the other girls are
but obviously Brenda was the cream. Ain't Understanding Mellow had what I thought was
the coolest bass line of the time. Dopest as they say nowadays. Have to listen to it again
this morning...Thanks, guys...

I believe the woman next to Brenda is Jerry's sister Mattie.