View Full Version : Mary Wilson on "Hawaii News Now Sunrise"- Aug. 2, 2019

test

marv2
08-03-2019, 08:39 PM
Mary on television in Hawaii yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFqRQynUjLs

luke
08-03-2019, 09:54 PM
Mary sure is everywhere! She looks wonderful. Thanks Marv!

marv2
08-03-2019, 11:18 PM
Mary sure is everywhere! She looks wonderful. Thanks Marv!

I'm guessing she will be on television pretty frequently this Fall promoting her new book. I think it's great.

She makes me loose on all concepts about age. LOL!

milven
08-03-2019, 11:19 PM
Mary asked the interviewer the same question that she asked the interviewer in the clip that I posted. She is doing six shows at the Bluenote. She said that that's a lot of shows and then she asked the interviewer if he thought people were going to come out to see her show. The Bluenote is an intimate venue with about 300 seats, so she should have no trouble getting about 1800 or so to see her over a three-night period.

She seems to be unfamiliar with exactly what the Bluenote is and if she is a good fit.

From what I just read, it seems to be like Cafe Carlyle in NYC where she recently appeared, and I think she did well there.

marv2
08-03-2019, 11:20 PM
Mary asked the interviewer the same question that she asked the interviewer in the clip that I posted. She is doing six shows at the Bluenote. She said that that's a lot of shows and then she asked the interviewer if he thought people were going to come out to see her show. The Bluenote is an intimate venue with about 300 seats, so she should have no trouble getting about 1800 or so to see her over a three-night period.

She seems to be unfamiliar with exactly what the Bluenote is and if she is a good fit.

From what I just read, it seems to be like Cafe Carlyle in NYC where she recently appeared, and I think she did well there.

She played the Blue Note in NYC back in the late 80s and has had an annual stand at Blues Alley in D.C. for a number of years now.

detmotownguy
08-05-2019, 01:40 PM
Thanks for posting. Mary is def a busy lady; after Hawaii then off so the UK!! She is full of energy and looks great.