PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Dusty Springfield - 2nd March 1999

test

copley
03-01-2011, 08:48 PM
A friend called me at the office to break the news that Dusty had died. I had expected it but it of course it was still a shock. I remember walking in to town that lunch time with a heavy heart. Having lost my own mum just a few months previously it brought all sorts of memories flooding back.

Now 12 yrs on I realise that I'm soon going to be the same age as Dusty was when she died. Our birthdays are just two days apart. I'd like to say that I'm also wiser but I don't think so. Anyway I think that the time for being sad is over as I'm sure that Dusty would like it that way. In the morning I'm going to have my own Dusty Day and celebrate her life by playing as many of her albums as possible starting with 'A Girl Called Dusty' and ending the day with 'A Brand New Me' extended version of course.

Dusty, I thank you for your music and for simply being the one and only DUSTY SPRINGFIELD.

Let''s celebrate. The face, the smile, the little dance steps, the arm movements. It could only be Dusty. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcEFBGwJgbg

GeeTee(HPK)
03-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Wow, has it been 12 years ? I'll play some of her music next week for National Women's History Month show,that I'm putting together.

R.I.P. Dusty :[[

Kamasu_Jr
03-01-2011, 09:08 PM
I just bought several Dusty discs. She was the shizzznit!!!!

GeeTee(HPK)
03-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Here's one of my favorites from Dusty. Produced by Gamble and Huff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldIfjaGznnM

Kamasu_Jr
03-02-2011, 06:13 PM
:cool:In memory of Dusty, I'm spinning her LP A Brand New Me, made in Philly and not over-exposed and played to death on Classic Soul radio.

Let's Get Together Soon [[aka Hope that We Can Be Together Soon)
Bad Case Of the Blues
Joe
The Star of My Show
Lost
Let Me Get In Your Way

sophisticated_soul
03-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Dusty was one of the best vocalist ever. While many artists can sing different genres effectively, Dusty could sing different generes and make you believe that each she sang was her own main area of expertise. There are precious few singers that are that comfortably versatile. She was one in million. Can't believe it's been 12 years. I still miss her. And, I've said this before, thank heavens for recorded music. We will always have her incredible musical legacy.

juicefree20
03-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Dusty was great & my favorites will always be "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me" [[what a tour de' force!), "Wishin' & Hopin'", "Son Of A Preacher Man", "I Only Want To Be With You", & for historical purposes, it was a pleasure to finally hear her original version of "Let's Get Together Soon".

Roberta75
03-02-2011, 08:24 PM
One of the best voices ever. From 'You Don't Have To Say You Love Me' to 'Wishin and Hopin' to 'Hollywood Movie Girls' to her duet with the Pet Shop Boys, Miss Dusty's voice remained flawless to the very end.