PDA

View Full Version : A Touch of Classic Soul mag - The Five Stairsteps

test

mellow_q
08-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Dear Classic Soul Music fans,

I hope this correspondence finds you in the best of health and spirits.

Please note that the latest issue of A Touch of Classic Soul: The Music You Love from Back in the Day is now available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLASSIC-SOUL-NEWSPAPER-FIVE-STAIRSTEPS-JIVE-FIVE-/380259292335?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Featured in this issue are ...

THE FIVE STAIRSTEPS
TOUCH OF CLASS
THE CLOVERS
Philly International songwriter CYNTHIA BIGGS
EUGENE PITT & THE JIVE FIVE
THE FIDELITYS

To my subscribers, you are in the mail.

Please look for the next issue shortly that will feature ...

DENNIS EDWARDS
RUBY ANDREWS
MAURICE WILLIAMS & THE ZODIACS
THE FIVE SATINS
VINNIE BARRETT
and more.

Thank you again for your support and Be Blessed!!!

Soulfully yours,

Marc Taylor
aloivta2@aol.com

KevLo
08-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Hi this is Kev-Lo

Thanks for the heads up mellow

ms_m
08-14-2010, 02:34 PM
The Dennis Edward's interview piques my interest a lot....LOL

Thanks for all you do Marc. It cannot be said enough and I'm glad you keep on keeping on.:)

nysister
08-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Marc,

Just finished reading latest issue. Good job!
Keep up the good work my brother!

ms_m
08-24-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm going to finally sit down and read my new issue tonight. Think I'll start with Cynthia Biggs since I met her and Dexter back in the day when living in AC. They made a great team.

Thanks again for all you do Marc.

KevLo
08-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi this is Kev-Lo

Hey marc can I get the mag other than going on ebay

mellow_q
08-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Kev-Lo: You got mail.

NY Sis: Thank you for your kind words and long-standing support.

Ms. M: Thank you. With the possible exception of Al Goodman a few years ago, Cynthia Biggs is probably the best interview I've ever done. BTW, "Spykie" is coming up in the next issue or two.

Be Blessed,
Marc Taylor
aloivta2@aol.com

nosey
08-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Love, love, love this edition. You know how I feel about the 5 Stairsteps!

JimBagley
08-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Folks, PLEASE do yourself a favor and purchase the latest issue of A Touch Of Classic Soul. Marc's interview with writer/producer Cynthia Biggs is the most indepth I have ever read on someone at Philadelphia International Records. The artists, Gamble and Huff, the other writers: Cynthia covers them all and gives you a detailed picture of what went on at Philadelphia International Records in the late '70s to mid-80s.

jsmith
08-28-2010, 10:56 AM
... Ooh Baby Baby ... Oh to have been in Baltimore in June 67 ...

lynngb3
08-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Hi Marc,
I received my copy of the magazine this morning and as anyone who knows me can tell you that I am such a Stairsteps fan. I have been since I saw them at the Regal theatre. They beat out the Jacksons.
This article was truly informative. I guess because they wanted to as Clarence said "have some sense of normalcy", it was difficult to find anyting current written about them. You brought out so many "I didn't know that" in the article. I especially appreciated the fact that Donny Hathaway's wife [[Lalah's mom) sang the intro on "Baby Make Me Feel So Good". I didn't know that.
So many of us, especially here in Chicago, are waiting with baited breath to see them perform again. Sounds like things are in the works. Truly enjoyed the magazine. Keep up the great work.
Linda

mellow_q
09-01-2010, 11:45 AM
@ Nosey: Thank you!! Yes, I do know how you feel about the Five Stairsteps. :)

@ "Jim Bags": That's about one of the nicest compliments I've ever received. Thank you so much!!!

@ Linda: Welcome to the Forum! Thank you for your post. I'm glad you enjoyed the publication. I love you and I thank you!!

To all,
Be Blessed,

Marc Taylor
aloivta2@aol.com