PDA

View Full Version : Motown's Marvelous marketing Machine

test

booty
07-13-2019, 02:12 AM
A few of Motown's adverts shown on this site

http://www.voicesofeastanglia.com/2014/05/motowns-marvelous-marketing-machine.html

Motown Eddie
07-13-2019, 06:03 AM
A real 'treasure trove' of Motown adverts on that site. Thanks for sharing Booty.

woodward
07-13-2019, 08:55 AM
Holy cow. A lot of advertisements I have never seen, especially the one for the
Spinners. Thanks for alerting us.

marv2
07-13-2019, 02:19 PM
Now those really bring back some memories. Thank you Booty!

PeaceNHarmony
07-13-2019, 07:39 PM
A few of Motown's adverts shown on this site

http://www.voicesofeastanglia.com/2014/05/motowns-marvelous-marketing-machine.htmlYes, great vintage artwork. Thanks for finding these.

marv2
07-15-2019, 08:56 PM
This page is awesome!

daviddesper
07-15-2019, 11:35 PM
Great trip down Memory Lane! I halfway expected to see one that I remembered from 1972. The Black Magic album had just come out, along with whatever Stevie released at the same time. Then there were two new up and coming Motown artists [[don't remember who they were) that also released albums around the same time. So on the front cover of either Billboard or Cashbox, I remember an ad showing all four albums and the catchphrase was "The Newest by the Best and the Best by the Newest." Of course, little did we know that it would turn out to be the last Motown album by Martha.

marv2
07-15-2019, 11:39 PM
Great trip down Memory Lane! I halfway expected to see one that I remembered from 1972. The Black Magic album had just come out, along with whatever Stevie released at the same time. Then there were two new up and coming Motown artists [[don't remember who they were) that also released albums around the same time. So on the front cover of either Billboard or Cashbox, I remember an ad showing all four albums and the catchphrase was "The Newest by the Best and the Best by the Newest." Of course, little did we know that it would turn out to be the last Motown album by Martha.

I do remember seeing some of these ads. Some even posted in record stores in Detroit at the time.