PDA

View Full Version : your pick for Supremes best albums

test

daviddh
07-04-2019, 10:53 AM
i was making a playlist for my ipod. i now up to 104 supremes songs and 8 supremes albums.
of course part of the fun is making my own playlist, in which it occurred to me that i didnt switch any songs out on Love Child , and only one on More Hits....Ask Any Girl was replaced with Owwee Baby only because it was on WDOLG lp and i didnt want to repeat it. leading me to realize that both could be 2 of their best albums of the 60s.
of course Supremes sing Rogers and Hart is in a class by itself but non the less a favorite of mine.
my other favorite is Supremes sing HDH but I cant get into Heatwave or Same Old Song, both are missing the funk brothers, although I like the vocals the production is weak so I replaced both songs with the 2 singles from A Go Go . not a fan of this,[[go go) album although the expanded edition made me like it better I just don't like all the covers. although Shake Me Wake Me and This Old Heart Of Mine are good but the rest fails in comparison. i had hoped with the expanded edition of HDH that Kevin Reeves would remix both of those songs.
my #5 album would be Where Did Our Love Go, although I replaced Kiss Of Fire with Mr Blues.
actually I made one change on LC,deletting your been wondeful to me and added young folks

your turn

lucky2012
07-04-2019, 12:19 PM
I gather your five favorites, in no particular order, are Love Child, More Hits, Rodgers & Hart, HDH and WDOLG? I agree with you.
For me, the order would be:
1. More Hits
2. WDOLG
3. Love Child
4. HDH
5. Rodgers & Hart*

* maybe tied with IHAS. :)

I know what you mean about Heatwave and Same Old Song and the A Go Go album.

sophisticated_soul
07-04-2019, 03:55 PM
Chronologically:

1. Meet The Supremes
2. We Remember Sam Cooke
3. More Hits
4. I Hear A Symphony
5. Sing Rodgers & Hart

luke
07-04-2019, 04:23 PM
Right On
New Ways
WDOLG
A Go Go
Farewell

marv2
07-04-2019, 04:48 PM
Mary, Scherrie & Susaye
Where Did Our Love Go?
Floy Joy
New Ways, But Love Stays
Right On

lakeside
07-04-2019, 05:04 PM
Where Did Our Love Go
Right On
More Hits
New Ways
HDH

Circa 1824
07-04-2019, 06:48 PM
1. Love Child
2. Supremes at the Copa
3. Reflections
4. Cream of the Crop
5. Supremes and Temptations first album
6. Farewell

floyjoy678
07-04-2019, 06:58 PM
1. Where did our love go
2. At the copa [[mono)
3. Sing HDH
4. More Hits
5. Love Child

daviddh
07-04-2019, 08:50 PM
I have to admit Right On us a great debut. I would include Touch.

sup_fan
07-04-2019, 09:55 PM
Where did our love go
Mary scherrie & susaye
Sing R&H
Right on
Touch

Koach
07-05-2019, 09:21 AM
I Hear a Symphony is tops for me. The songs and instrumentation are very classy and take me to another place.

alanconnor_1
07-06-2019, 05:21 PM
Very tough:

Love Child
More Hits
Where Did Our Love Go
Supremes Sing HDH
Floy Joy

vgalindo
07-06-2019, 06:27 PM
More Hits
Where did our love go
HDH
I hear Symphony
Reflections

Diana Ross Fan Club
07-06-2019, 07:14 PM
#1 Let The Sunshine In
#2 Love Child
#3 Reflections
#4 Cream Of The Crop
#5 Diana Ross & The Supremes Sing & Perform 'Funny Girl'

gman
07-09-2019, 01:56 AM
Touch
High Energy
Where Did Our Love Go
CW&P
H-D-H

Motown Eddie
07-14-2019, 06:23 AM
1. More Hits By The Supremes
2. The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland
3. Where Did Our Love Go
4. Supremes A Go-Go

Bluebrock
07-15-2019, 02:15 AM
1. More Hits
2. Love Child
3. Sing HDH
4. Right On
5. Sing R&H.

sup_fan
07-15-2019, 11:35 AM
a couple different ways to identify "favorite" album

Supremes Sing R&H - probably the best from a vocal and production standpoint. all three girls really shine and its just proof positive that the Sups were something special. Gil's backing tracks are stupendous. it's the original lineup and no additional vocalists. some of the early concept lps weren't quite as "diana-heavy" and utilized more 3-part harmony and with M and F higher in the mix. Sings R&H would have benefited a bit from this. but aside from that, it's the perfect album

Where did our love go - this was my first album and so holds a special spot in heart. so many great songs. the singles, the B sides, filler. and it's the original lineup. a couple of the tracks are sort of weak but that's overlook-able. lol

right on, MS&S, Floy Joy, Touch - all of these are just wonderful albums. i listen to them frequently and even the songs that aren't my fav among the set list are still high quality and very well performed.

Ollie9
07-15-2019, 12:32 PM
1. Sing Rodgers & Hart. Diana's voice was really starting to mature at this stage and she ate this material up. Flo and Mary's background harmony's were never more on point.

2. Love Child. Just a really enjoyable album. Contains plenty of potential hits that were never released.

3. Cream The Crop. Diana's vocals are really brought to the fore on this album. Some outstanding vocal performances on what was basically her first solo album.

franjoy56
07-18-2019, 11:36 PM
1. Where did our love go
2. Supremes sing Holland Dozier Holland
3. Right on
4. Love child
5. New ways but love stays

daviddh
07-22-2019, 09:26 AM
1. Sing Rodgers & Hart. Diana's voice was really starting to mature at this stage and she ate this material up. Flo and Mary's background harmony's were never more on point.

2. Love Child. Just a really enjoyable album. Contains plenty of potential hits that were never released.

3. Cream The Crop. Diana's vocals are really brought to the fore on this album. Some outstanding vocal performances on what was basically her first solo album.

Totally agree with above. Some great albums

Jimi LaLumia
07-23-2019, 10:18 AM
I Hear A Symphony..
everything else pales in comparison