PDA

View Full Version : It's time to play - The Hall of Fame Name Game

test

nativeNY63
06-30-2019, 05:58 PM
Janet [[Rock and Roll Hall of Fame)
Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott [[Songwriting)

Just 2 iconic artists inducted, recently, into a hallowed hall of fame.
Some, over the years have deserved it! Others? Not so much.

Well, why don't take up the mantle for those "unsung" artists - Motown or otherwise - whom WE feel deserve it, but didn't receive it!
Simply answer that question: Why not?

Hands over you buzzers...Go!

luke
06-30-2019, 11:31 PM
LaBelle. Mary Wells.

Ngroove
07-01-2019, 12:02 AM
Chic. Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds.

marv2
07-01-2019, 12:11 AM
Dionne Warwick, Edwin Starr, Chubby Checker.

luke
07-01-2019, 08:24 AM
I cannot believe Dionne is not in Hall of Fame.

sansradio
07-01-2019, 12:08 PM
Rufus. Featuring. Chaka. Khan. Absolutely criminal that they've been snubbed so many times.

edafan
07-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Chubby Checker

Richard Street

---------------------

marv2
07-01-2019, 02:54 PM
Chubby Checker

Richard Street

---------------------

Richard should have went in with the Temptations. I did not understand why he was excluded.

nativeNY63
07-01-2019, 08:06 PM
I cannot believe Dionne is not in Hall of Fame.

Talk about a travesty!

marv2
07-01-2019, 08:11 PM
Talk about a travesty!

Is it because she doesn't play the guitar? Just asking............

marv2
07-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Come to think of it, Whitney is not there either! She had her first record more than 25 years ago, which is the cut off criteria.

arr&bee
07-02-2019, 11:04 AM
I'm still mad that the-singin bunny rabbits aren't in there,i mean they recorded the classic-here comes peter cotton tale...is there no justice?

marv2
07-03-2019, 12:50 AM
I'm still mad that the-singin bunny rabbits aren't in there,i mean they recorded the classic-here comes peter cotton tale...is there no justice?

Wasn't Rock enough unfortunately..........LOL!

luke
07-03-2019, 01:32 PM
Yea right! Lol. The Ronettes and Shirelles are in and Dionne isn’t!

Ngroove
07-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Richard should have went in with the Temptations. I did not understand why he was excluded.

My assumption, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, can only afford to smelt enough metal for the awards for the most iconic legendary names of highest influence on the POP charts, meaning Temptations-wise, David, Otis, Melvin, Eddie, Paul - the original hit-making line-up present for "My Girl", "Get Ready", and "Ain't Too Proud To Beg", and Dennis, who first proved the Temptations are here to stay after David left, with such massively known hits like "Cloud Nine", "I Can't Get Next To You", and "Papa Was A Rollin' Stone".

The Temptations, after all, was most commercially known, their crossover top ten pop and r&b period, 1964 - 1972-73, "Masterpiece" being their last pop top ten hit, but still long today not as known as "Papa Was A Rollin' Stone". Richard Street was only on the tail end of it.

After all, why not Daimon Harris? Glenn Leonard? Or, by the of the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction, Ron Tyson and Ali-Ollie Woodson?

marv2
07-03-2019, 04:45 PM
I don't think Connie Francis is in there and she was the first female Rock and Roll star.

marv2
07-03-2019, 04:49 PM
My assumption, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, can only afford to smelt enough metal for the awards for the most iconic legendary names of highest influence on the POP charts, meaning Temptations-wise, David, Otis, Melvin, Eddie, Paul - the original hit-making line-up present for "My Girl", "Get Ready", and "Ain't Too Proud To Beg", and Dennis, who first proved the Temptations are here to stay after David left, with such massively known hits like "Cloud Nine", "I Can't Get Next To You", and "Papa Was A Rollin' Stone".

The Temptations, after all, was most commercially known, their crossover top ten pop and r&b period, 1964 - 1972-73, "Masterpiece" being their last pop top ten hit, but still long today not as known as "Papa Was A Rollin' Stone". Richard Street was only on the tail end of it.

After all, why not Daimon Harris? Glenn Leonard? Or, by the of the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction, Ron Tyson and Ali-Ollie Woodson?

Yeah, I would buy that but, Sammy Strain was inducted twice. Once as a member of Little Anthony and the Imperials and once as a replacement member in the O'Jays. Speaking of which, Bobby Massey, an early member of the O'Jays was also inducted and he did not appear on any of the group's hits.

marv2
07-03-2019, 04:50 PM
This is why the Rhythm and Blues Hall of Fame is becoming more important as it pertains to honoring the accomplishments of black artists and musicians.

Philles/Motown Gary
07-06-2019, 04:31 AM
I don't think Connie Francis is in there and she was the first female Rock and Roll star.

No, Connie Francis isn't in the R&R Hall Of Fame, Marv, but she sure as heck should be. She had tons of hits in America as well as around the globe, yet the R&R HOF powers-that-be continue snubbing her year after year [[the snobby bastards)!

Motown Eddie
07-07-2019, 05:43 PM
1. Kool & The Gang
2. Jr. Walker & The All Stars
3. The Shangri-Las
4. Teddy Pendergrass
5. Luther Vandross
6. The Marvelettes
7. War
8. Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels