PDA

View Full Version : Melvin Franklin lead songs

test

McMotown
06-30-2019, 01:45 PM
Hi, Now Melvin Franklin sung quite a few leads on various Temps album. I just wondered what your favourite was?
I remember seeing the Temps at Hammersmith in the mid 80's and was blown away with Melvin's lead on 'O'l Man River' it gave me goose bumps. However listening to it on 'In Mellow Mood' album it just does not create that same feeling, but listing to 'You're The One' from the 'To Be Continued' gets me everytime.
Apologies if this has been discussed before.

marv2
06-30-2019, 02:13 PM
I always liked Melvin on "Try It Baby" and "I Truly, Truly Believe".

arr&bee
06-30-2019, 02:48 PM
His lead on-i could never stop loving you,is too temptin!!

Philles/Motown Gary
06-30-2019, 03:52 PM
The Tempts "I Truly, Truly Believe", and The Supremes/Tempts jazzy, finger-poppin' "Try It Baby".

McMotown
06-30-2019, 04:31 PM
Hi arr&bee - Had to refresh myself with I Could Never Stop Loving You, had not listened to that in sometime and forgot how good it is.
Thanks for reminding me of that one.

McMotown
06-30-2019, 04:42 PM
Hi Marv / Philles/Motown Gary - A great, great track 'I Truly, Truly Believe and Try It Baby another nice track with the Supremes which again I had to re-visit.
thank you both.

Motown Eddie
06-30-2019, 05:50 PM
My favorite Melvin Franklin lead with The Temptations is "It's Summer" [[original version from the Psychedelic Shack LP).

marv2
06-30-2019, 06:08 PM
My favorite Melvin Franklin lead with The Temptations is "It's Summer" [[original version from the Psychedelic Shack LP).

I played that one a lot as a kid. Thanks for reminding me

Philles/Motown Gary
06-30-2019, 06:25 PM
Hi Marv / Philles/Motown Gary - A great, great track 'I Truly, Truly Believe and Try It Baby another nice track with the Supremes which again I had to re-visit.
thank you both.

You're very welcome, McMotown!

arr&bee
07-02-2019, 11:41 AM
How bout-ways of a grown up man,which is basically a folk song until the temps gave it soul...[you're the one] is a very cool lead from blue also!