PDA

View Full Version : Reel Music

test

copley
02-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Does Reel Music still exist as their web site has not been updated this year? There are rumours going around that the company has folded which I hope are unfounded.

carlo
02-28-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm wondering the same thing. The releases were coming out at a steady pace in the beginning. Now there's been a lot of silence. I think the Blinky CD was supposed to come out next? I finally bought the Gloria Jones CD last week. Really enjoying it.

copley
02-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Hey Carlo. So glad that you have bought the Gloria Jones CD. It's my all time Motown fav along with 'In Full Bloom'.

Motown_M_1056
02-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Wasn't the Blinky disc supposed to be out already? Terrible if Reel music has folded.

1382hitsville
02-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Blinky was promised, so was Ivy Jo. Terrible news if it's true. Can some one confirm?

tomato tom
02-28-2011, 05:57 PM
AH..So sad if true...Was SO looking forward to Blinky and Ivy. DID get Gloria and Chris..Paulo xxxx

sbpg636999
03-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Greetings from Reel Music.

I'm pleased to say we're still in business but have had major issues with our Internet address. A new direct email will be available within the next week or so.

We've had a few setbacks with our new Motown releases but both Blinky and Ivy Jo Hunter are definitely are on as is Thelma's MoWest album - UK and us combined.

Also some other Motown surprises.

Regular Motown releases will start again in July and some cool limited editions from artists like caroline Crawford and black Ivory starting late April.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support and best wishes.

Paul

carlo
03-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Hey Carlo. So glad that you have bought the Gloria Jones CD. It's my all time Motown fav along with 'In Full Bloom'.

Thanks Copley. Yes, it's a great album. Her demo of "If I Were Your Woman" is especially amazing. She sounds almost exactly like Gladys Knight. I also love The Marvelettes' In Full Bloom. We both have good taste. :D

I also bought Reel Music's release of Soul Sounds by Chris Clark. I already had the Marginal release, but I bought it because of the remastered sound and packaging. They have been doing a great job. Their Phyllis Hyman reissues and Pressure Cookin' by Labelle are next on my "buying soon" list.

carlo
03-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Thanks Paul! So glad to hear/read that Reel Music is still alive! :)

copley
03-01-2011, 06:04 AM
Thanks Paul, so glad that the rumours are totally unfounded :)

midnight johnny
03-01-2011, 10:33 AM

I'm pleased to say we're still in business but have had major issues with our Internet address. A new direct email will be available within the next week or so.

We've had a few setbacks with our new Motown releases but both Blinky and Ivy Jo Hunter are definitely are on as is Thelma's MoWest album - UK and us combined.

Regular Motown releases will start again in July and some cool limited editions from artists like caroline Crawford and black Ivory starting late April.

Paul

PAUL....D-D-D-D-D-Did you say CAROLYN CRAWFORD??????????? That is incredible. Please...save one for me.

Motown1050
03-01-2011, 12:14 PM
I too am anxious for the Carolyn Crawford release. Hopefully Reel Music will consider releasing Carolyn's Philly International recordings after. Carolyn has stated for fact that a whole album was recorded for Philly, but only six sides [[3 singles) were released. Hopefully somewhere the master tapes are intact.

RossHolloway
03-01-2011, 12:23 PM
This is exciting news. Can't wait!

tamla617
03-01-2011, 04:10 PM
paul
glad to hear it.that ivy joe hunter has been along time coming!i just cant wait!
those others you just mentioned are a bonus too,well done reel!

mysterysinger
03-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Thelma Houston, US and UK, fabulous. Can't wait for this and the other releases.

soulster
03-02-2011, 12:38 AM
Unless they issue some Switch albums, I guess I won'tr be buying any Reel Music titles for a while.

blueskies
03-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Carolyn Crawford....woo hoo.....bring it on!

longtimefan
06-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Wow, I am worried about these REEL RELEASES, i..e., Blinky, Thelma, and Carolyn. Does anyone have information? [[fingers crossed)

pj1
06-27-2011, 01:25 PM

Paul

Did I miss the April releases?
If these have been delayed, have the July Motown releases also been pushed back a month or two?

copley
06-27-2011, 04:27 PM
You've not missed a thing. Reel have not issued anything this year!

Kamasu_Jr
06-27-2011, 05:22 PM
You've not missed a thing. Reel have not issued anything this year!

If Reel Music has folded quietly, I'd suggest someone at Kent take over the proposed Blinky project. It seems perfect for the folks at Kent.

copley
06-27-2011, 05:51 PM
No, Reel have not folded Kam. Things have not perhaps gone the way they expected but I'm told by Paul that they hope to have the likes of Blinky, Ivy Jo & Thelma out before too long.

Laserdk
06-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Reel/P&C have recently issued both the Caroline Crawford and Black Ivory CDs.

westgrandboulevard
06-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Laserdk

Greetings, and how good it is to see you here...! And also, thanks for confirming those CD releases......!

the sound of young america
06-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Both Ivy Jo and Blinky will be well worth the wait. I'm really looking forward to reading the Ivy Jo liner notes. I hope Ivy will be able to provide his recollections of his final months at Motown.

westgrandboulevard
06-27-2011, 07:00 PM
the sound of young america

Agreed, absolutely! And welcome to you, too.....

longtimefan
06-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks, Laserdk. I just searched and found Caroline Crawford's REEL release. The reason that I had not found it was that I was expecting a Motown-related "collection," and the actual release is a Mercy Records reissue. Thanks for helping me out.

sbpg636999
07-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Reel Music is still alive and kicking, despite a slow start to the year. Out on 26th July is the great Sound Stage 7 album by Ella Washington, in stereo and sounding great. Thelma Houston has just completed her interview for the MoWest reissue. The Blinky and Ivy Jo albums are still planned for release, just running a little late due to a family emergency cutting back on my time on the label for most of this year. I have to get moving with the web site, but hopefully this will be done soon.

Paul - Reel Music

longtimefan
07-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Thank you for the reply, Paul. I pray that your family's issues improve and that all involved find peace ... far more important than music CDs. We will enjoy the CDs whenever they come out; in the meanwhile, please continue to support your family.

longtimefan
08-29-2011, 10:59 PM
I hope that all is well and that we see our greatly anticipated REEL releases soon!

helga
09-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Anyone know the status of the Blinky CD?

144man
09-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Bump......

helga
09-23-2011, 11:45 PM
Anyone out there? Helloo???

copley
09-24-2011, 01:25 PM
I doubt if there will be a Blinky CD release now as all is hear is silence!

TMSG
09-26-2011, 11:23 AM
This is what I like about this site - I didn't know that the Gloria Jones CD had been released until I read these threads. Just ordered it from Amazon but I wish this had been anounced when first released.

tomato tom
09-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Do hope BLINKY AND IVY are not going the way of the Motown Schedule,i.e listed but not released....Paulo xxx

longtimefan
09-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Someone posted on March that REEL MUSIC had a few setbacks but that releases would begin again in July. I am fearful that these setbacks may be more serious. It's sad for all concerned.

Paul

johnjeb
09-26-2011, 06:39 PM
This is what I like about this site - I didn't know that the Gloria Jones CD had been released until I read these threads. Just ordered it from Amazon but I wish this had been anounced when first released.

It was announced when first released. At the time autographed copies were provided, as well, when ordered from Dusty Groove, if I recall. Same with the Chris Clark CD.

jaybs
09-27-2011, 04:05 AM
Still wish someone would pick up on THE FOUR TOPS - ON BROADWAY album, I still rate this album so highly! you can tell how much the Tops out into it, would love to hear a complete re-mastered copy

honest man
09-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Any info on the IVY JO, BLINKY projects,please,will they be happening. fingers crossed.cheers

longtimefan
02-18-2013, 12:37 AM
I see that the recent Chris Clark EP was a REEL product. Are more releases in the pipeline?