PDA

View Full Version : Steve Dunleavy- "A Current Afair" TV Show Has Passed.

test

marv2
06-26-2019, 07:36 PM
Some of you will remember him from the syndicated program "A Current Affair". I remember him from Happy Hour in Long Beach, NY on Long Island. A very nice, smart and down to Earth man. I cannot believe he was 81 at the time of his death because we use to have "debates" over current topics and he had the energy of someone half his age. Rest in peace Steve and thank you. Marv.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/business/steve-dunleavy-dead.html

nativeNY63
06-27-2019, 03:32 PM
The infotainment era shortly after CA went off the air. His contribution always seemed to have solid journalistic chops. There was Inside Edition, Extra, and Morton Downey, Springer, and Maury followed after CA.

marv2
06-27-2019, 07:41 PM
The infotainment era shortly after CA went off the air. His contribution always seemed to have solid journalistic chops. There was Inside Edition, Extra, and Morton Downey, Springer, and Maury followed after CA.

I was taking a break one day outside of my building on Park Ave South and Maury Povich came walking right by me. I couldn't think of anything to say other than "Maury"
! he responded , "Yep that's me" hehehehehehehe!

marv2
06-27-2019, 07:42 PM
Steve Dunleavy was from Australia and he was just cool. Outside of work he could have been any one of your neighbors and in a way he was because he lived on Long Island. So does Bill O'Reilly......yuk!