PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross announces new album

test

vgalindo
06-15-2019, 05:45 PM
Fans of Diana Ross has said that during her Q&A last night in Vegas Diana Ross stated she will be working on a new album later this year and will be working with producer Mark Ronson. How great is that!! He is the person who has produced for Bruno Mars, Adele, and Lady Gaga. Just to name a few. Said she hopes the album will be released next year. How super exciting !!!

Diana Ross Fan Club
06-15-2019, 06:30 PM
https://dianarossofficialfanclub.com/2019/06/15/diana-ross-new-album/

motownlover1964
06-15-2019, 06:33 PM
Fantastic news!

IMissFlo93
06-15-2019, 07:17 PM
and we may get a hit on the radio! beware newcomers, there's a LEGENDARY DIVA who wants a brand spankin' new hit single!

PeaceNHarmony
06-15-2019, 08:25 PM
Fans of Diana Ross has said that during her Q&A last night in Vegas Diana Ross stated she will be working on a new album later this year and will be working with producer Mark Ronson. How great is that!! He is the person who has produced for Bruno Mars, Adele, and Lady Gaga. Just to name a few. Said she hopes the album will be released next year. How super exciting !!!Mark. Effin. Ronson. HOW. COOL. IS. THIS.

vgalindo
06-15-2019, 08:32 PM
Mark. Effin. Ronson. HOW. COOL. IS. THIS.

I know. So F***** cool!! I love it!!

marv2
06-15-2019, 08:42 PM
yawn!!!!! Lol!

marv2
06-15-2019, 08:43 PM
But seriously, it is not going to sell. Hell has not frozen over yet.........

TomatoTom123
06-15-2019, 08:58 PM
OMG, is this true. With Mark Ronson? HOW GREAT. :)

jobeterob
06-15-2019, 11:19 PM

There’s this Dionne Warwick song called Heartbreaker - sing it; you might feel better while we all laugh

daviddesper
06-15-2019, 11:58 PM
Can anyone say "Mary Wilson?"

captainjames
06-16-2019, 12:15 AM
wow !!! Now I am thinking of all the possibilities for new songs, writers and even duets.

midnightman
06-16-2019, 01:01 AM
Imagine what they could do together, her and Mark...

https://media0.giphy.com/media/5xLjN7umu35ok/giphy.gif

It's been like 13 years since the last album.

Boogiedown
06-16-2019, 01:45 AM
oh good. Evan and Rhonda are busy writing songs for her as we speak.:)

Bluebrock
06-16-2019, 02:21 AM
This has been in discussion for almost two years. It would appear that Diana has finally come to an agreement with a certain record company with regard to overseas touring commitments. That had been the biggest stumbling block.
Mick Ronson is a very astute man. I don't know how many tracks he will be producing. He is about to drop his own album which he asked Diana to contribute to, so i guess he will be busy promoting that for a while. I suspect Nile Rodgers and Pharrell will be on board too. Both have been desperate to produce her for a while.

Bluebrock
06-16-2019, 02:25 AM
yawn!!!!! Lol!
If you are so uninterested why go to the trouble of commenting? You are a very transparent individual.
I will send you some bitter lemons and sour grapes to suck on.......

Ollie9
06-16-2019, 03:07 AM
My goodness, i almost choked on my morning coffee. Well thats got us all a flutter.
I must confess, i never thought this would happen. It was great to feel that old rush of excitement again at the thought of a new Diana album. I had forgotten what it was like.
I really hope the songs suit her voice as to where it is now such as Streisand did with Walls. It does not sound like Mark Ronson will do an entire album so i hope she chooses her producers well.

PeaceNHarmony
06-16-2019, 07:01 AM
Can anyone say "Mary Wilson?"Everyone can. It's just that nobody bothers ... :D

jim aka jtigre99
06-16-2019, 08:08 AM
For someone who should be considered a legend, it has been too long between releases. I certainly wish her well and much success. I certainly hope since her family is writing songs for her that they are up to the task as I personally am unfamiliar with any hit songs they have written. If Ronson wanted her to sing on his project, I have a feeling that maybe the same song will be released on both projects. Ross' voice seems to be in pretty decent shape lately so it is good she is recording now. Good Luck!

florence
06-16-2019, 08:22 AM
Dare to dream?

Cynic that I am I'll believe this when the album hits the airwaves.

marv2
06-16-2019, 08:54 AM
For someone who should be considered a legend, it has been too long between releases. I certainly wish her well and much success. I certainly hope since her family is writing songs for her that they are up to the task as I personally am unfamiliar with any hit songs they have written. If Ronson wanted her to sing on his project, I have a feeling that maybe the same song will be released on both projects. Ross' voice seems to be in pretty decent shape lately so it is good she is recording now. Good Luck!

Yes, it has been a very long time. There are teenagers that have been born and grown up since her last release. She may not have many other options other than having songs written for her by her family at this point.

Still, this would be a nice little souvenir for her fans if this album ever gets made. At least they won't have to constantly do tiresome remixes of her old records from 40 and 50 years ago.

marv2
06-16-2019, 08:55 AM
Dare to dream?

I doubt it would ever hit the airwaves in America since they stopped playing her music many, many years ago.

Bluebrock
06-16-2019, 09:35 AM
Dare to dream?

I was somewhat sceptical too. I am trying to find out more, but the fact that Diana herself appears to have finally confirmed it makes me think it may actually be happening.

Bluebrock
06-16-2019, 09:37 AM
I doubt it would ever hit the airwaves in America since they stopped playing her music many, many years ago.
I very much hope you are enjoying sucking on those bitter lemons and sour grapes!!!

daviddh
06-16-2019, 09:37 AM
Good news. Diana seems to be in a good place now. Exciting news. This could be huge

daviddh
06-16-2019, 09:40 AM
This has been in discussion for almost two years. It would appear that Diana has finally come to an agreement with a certain record company with regard to overseas touring commitments. That had been the biggest stumbling block.
Mick Ronson is a very astute man. I don't know how many tracks he will be producing. He is about to drop his own album which he asked Diana to contribute to, so i guess he will be busy promoting that for a while. I suspect Nile Rodgers and Pharrell will be on board too. Both have been desperate to produce her for a while.

I would love to see this happen.
Diana needs to surround herself with this kind of talent

the way things are going, this may get released b4 Universal releases the next expanded edition!

Jimi LaLumia
06-16-2019, 09:58 AM
by the way, that's Mark Ronson; the late Mick Ronson was David Bowie's version of Keith Richards during the Ziggy Stardust/glam rock 70's...watch a new Ross single produced by Ronson go Top 40; the new album will def go to #1

khansperac
06-16-2019, 10:17 AM
I thought this was one of those fake news articles until I heard her say it in that audio file. Great news. I get the feeling that the song produced by Mark may be a song for his project. Either way it would be nice to hear a new song by Diana. So who are some of your dream producers? I’d like a few tracks produced by India Arie. Diana is a big fan, and India loves Diana. Although I’m not a John Legend fan, his style suits Diana. Bruno Mars is also good- I just don’t want any songs that sound like she is chasing the young crowd.

Circa 1824
06-16-2019, 11:12 AM
Diana also said in the same Q&A that Evan and Tracee have been writing music for her. hmmmmmmmm

captainjames
06-16-2019, 11:45 AM
Actually, I don't care if it goes on the airwave or goes to #1.
I am just elated that Diana has got over that hump and held out for what she wanted and is now ready to do it again. A new recording and a new CD is a good thing for me. So who really cares what the negative nellies have to say.

daviddh
06-16-2019, 11:55 AM
I am just elated that Diana has got over that hump and held out for what she wanted and is now ready to do it again. A new recording and a new CD is a good thing for me. So who really cares what the negative nellies have to say.

well said , who cares about the haters.

milven
06-16-2019, 12:37 PM

So what! Who cares? At least, now that she officially announced it, I am confident that it will be released in just a matter of time, not a matter of decades. I can say that with "clarity".

I am also confident that if Diana decides to tour, her number one fans will support her by buying the music and attending her shows if she is in their area, and probably will even travel to see her.

Good for her, and good for all former Supremes who are still out there doing their thing and continuing to give us enjoyment.

"They Is Terrific!"

Don't be so bitter

midnightman
06-16-2019, 01:19 PM
Exactly. Florence is probably looking down smiling at her two friends for still making sure the Supremes' legacy continues. I'm sure of it.

Roberta75
06-16-2019, 01:23 PM
Yes, it has been a very long time. There are teenagers that have been born and grown up since her last release. She may not have many other options other than having songs written for her by her family at this point.

Still, this would be a nice little souvenir for her fans if this album ever gets made. At least they won't have to constantly do tiresome remixes of her old records from 40 and 50 years ago.

You are a bigger hypocrite than that orange fool in the oval office. When "Big Star" LMAO, Mary Wilson hit the charts with a "tiresome remix from 40 or 50 years ago" you had this to say.

https://soulfuldetroit.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by marv2 https://soulfuldetroit.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png [[https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?p=309092#post309092)
She's been making it on her own for 39 years now. Having a hit "record" is not the only thing that constitutes making it in the entertainment business. Mary does so much more than just record. She is a big star because of her talent and drive.

YES! Mary Wilson has made the Billboard Dance Club Charts. Isn't that wonderful? LOL!!!!

I think it is so great that a Motown Alumni is on the charts with new music in 2015! Congratulations to the "sexy one" Mary Wilson!

bradsupremes
06-16-2019, 01:51 PM
Mark Ronson is a perfect producer for her. He did Amy Winehouse's Back To Black album. He has the ear for a great mix between a throwback and contemporary sounds. I imagine what he would do with her will be a mix that's suitable for her that's fresh, but also draws from that classic sound she made so famous back in the 60s and 70s. I do hope this album comes to fruition. If I'm not mistaken at one time it was reported she was recording a new album about 10 years ago that never came to light.

TomatoTom123
06-16-2019, 02:11 PM
I wonder if it will sound anything like this :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEnxfrXEW2M

Bluebrock
06-16-2019, 02:16 PM
by the way, that's Mark Ronson; the late Mick Ronson was David Bowie's version of Keith Richards during the Ziggy Stardust/glam rock 70's...watch a new Ross single produced by Ronson go Top 40; the new album will def go to #1
Yes it is! I knew Mick Ronson way back when, and whenever i refer to Mark Ronson i always type Mick.
Despite Marv's mocking of this forthcoming project i am also very confident this album will be a success. It is the right time to do it.
Marv will have to get used to sucking on those bitter lemons and sour grapes. He will be chocking on them if the album really takes off hahahaha.

Bluebrock
06-16-2019, 02:19 PM
You are a bigger hypocrite than that orange fool in the oval office. When "Big Star" LMAO, Mary Wilson hit the charts with a "tiresome remix from 40 or 50 years ago" you had this to say.

https://soulfuldetroit.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by marv2 https://soulfuldetroit.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png [[https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthread.php?p=309092#post309092)
She's been making it on her own for 39 years now. Having a hit "record" is not the only thing that constitutes making it in the entertainment business. Mary does so much more than just record. She is a big star because of her talent and drive.

He is the gift that keeps on giving. What a hypocrite he is, but it makes even more fun to call him out. Keep up the great work Marv. Much love to you xxx

Bluebrock
06-16-2019, 02:21 PM
"Negative nellies". Love it! Hahaha.

rovereab
06-16-2019, 04:33 PM
Wonderful news, nothing more to say!

florence
06-16-2019, 05:12 PM
It will be interesting to see what conditions if any Diana has agreed to with regard to overseas touring commitments.

Maybe her long anticipated appearance at Glastonbury, UK could be worked in around the new album!!!

nativeNY63
06-16-2019, 05:28 PM

Didn't one of those remixes chart on Billboard recently though?

nativeNY63
06-16-2019, 05:32 PM
She may have to do a Tina Turner and move overseas, if we don't give her love. Look how that turned out for her: hit B'wy. play and autobiography!! Which I highly recommend!

nativeNY63
06-16-2019, 05:40 PM
I thought this was one of those fake news articles until I heard her say it in that audio file. Great news. I get the feeling that the song produced by Mark may be a song for his project. Either way it would be nice to hear a new song by Diana. So who are some of your dream producers? I’d like a few tracks produced by India Arie. Diana is a big fan, and India loves Diana. Although I’m not a John Legend fan, his style suits Diana. Bruno Mars is also good- I just don’t want any songs that sound like she is chasing the young crowd.
I agree with Pharrell being one of the dream producers. Whatch'all think about megaproducers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis? Look what they did for Janet. Which in my humble opinion brought her induction into the Hall of Fame AND making careers of scores of folk! Ciara I'm looking at you, hon.

nativeNY63
06-16-2019, 05:53 PM
Yes it is! I knew Mick Ronson way back when, and whenever i refer to Mark Ronson i always type Mick.
Despite Marv's mocking of this forthcoming project i am also very confident this album will be a success. It is the right time to do it.
Marv will have to get used to sucking on those bitter lemons and sour grapes. He will be chocking on them if the album really takes off hahahaha.
Methinks he will be forced to make lemonade from those bitter lemons! And wine from those grapes!! Diane [[real name) rocks!! If you can still be performing in your late 70's you deserve the success you've achieved!! One report said the average performer/musician/singer's shelf life is 5 years!!!! Take that haters!!!!!

sophisticated_soul
06-16-2019, 09:53 PM
Wonderful news, nothing more to say!

Ditto. Wonderful! Wonderful!:)

daviddesper
06-17-2019, 12:02 AM
Although I am skeptical as hinted above, I guess we should be encouraged by the idea that ANYONE might still be releasing "an album" or "a CD" in 2020, since all indications are that the format will have been phased out by then.

midnightman
06-17-2019, 12:19 AM
Although I am skeptical as hinted above, I guess we should be encouraged by the idea that ANYONE might still be releasing "an album" or "a CD" in 2020, since all indications are that the format will have been phased out by then.

I don't know. No one predicted the death of iTunes at least on Apple Mac systems lol

jobeterob
06-17-2019, 01:13 AM
My big fear is that Diana will finally follow One of Mary’s ideas for the first time in 50 years - announce an album that never comes out, like Mary’s HDH album!

I wonder if my worry will be as grave as Marv’s fear that this will be a hit?

I think not!

captainjames
06-17-2019, 01:15 AM
Phased out ? I just bought a CD, then purchased a Vinyl LP for $22.98 and then downloaded an Itunes song as well. As long as they don't bring back 8track I'm good.

TomatoTom123
06-17-2019, 05:20 AM
Hopefully Diana's new album will come out before CDs and/or downloads cease to exist!! :D

jack020
06-17-2019, 06:12 AM
As long as it is released on vinyl I am happy!:D

thanxal
06-17-2019, 07:18 AM
As long as it is released on vinyl I am happy!:D
I INSIST it be released on reel-to-reel tape. If it isn't I'm gonna huff and puff and refuse to buy it.

RanRan79
06-17-2019, 09:51 AM
I'm hopeful about this. It's good news! Wishing the lady all the success she desires for the new project.

marv2
06-17-2019, 10:52 AM
I INSIST it be released on reel-to-reel tape. If it isn't I'm gonna huff and puff and refuse to buy it.

Would you settle for an 8 Track tape? LOL!!!!

Bluebrock
06-17-2019, 11:36 AM
Hopefully Diana's new album will come out before CDs and/or downloads cease to exist!! :D
It will definitely be available on cd. Despite the rather youthful collabarators lined up for this album the majority of Diana's fans would probably prefer a physical release to a download. Probably will not be out until around Sept 2020. Work does not commence on the project until the latter end of the year.

Bluebrock
06-17-2019, 11:38 AM

I suspect at least one track will. Look out for some stellar collaboraters.

Bluebrock
06-17-2019, 11:43 AM
My big fear is that Diana will finally follow One of Mary’s ideas for the first time in 50 years - announce an album that never comes out, like Mary’s HDH album!

I wonder if my worry will be as grave as Marv’s fear that this will be a hit?

I think not!

I think you can rest easy. This album has been in the planning stages since 2016. It almost happened last year.
As regards Mary's proposed HDH album, i don't think anyone is willing to take a chance on her. She was unable to summon up the interest in the previous millenium so the chances if it appearing in this century is practically zero. Sad but true.

jobeterob
06-17-2019, 12:43 PM
I think you can rest easy. This album has been in the planning stages since 2016. It almost happened last year.
As regards Mary's proposed HDH album, i don't think anyone is willing to take a chance on her. She was unable to summon up the interest in the previous millenium so the chances if it appearing in this century is practically zero. Sad but true.

Makes perfect sense. As has been said, she is not well known and generally only appears on local tv.

I was actually making an oblique suggestion that Marv's worry about a potential release and hit is about 100,000 times greater than my concern that Diana's release goes the way of Mary's. Nothing about Diana is similar to Mary other than they were in a group once 50 years ago.

Albator
06-17-2019, 01:57 PM
It's a really fantastic news for the day. i enjoy her current voice and I'm eager to hear it on new material.
Just hope she will trust those producers to bring a new sound, even if it's not the one she loves herself.

captainjames
06-17-2019, 02:53 PM
I am almost 200% sure that if Diana announced she is recording and that an album/CD/LP will follow is actually going to happen. She use to sing the hell out of "More Today than Yesterday" on just about every show and concert. I really wasn't that fond of the song but she sure loved singing it. I think she is coming out again !!! HAHAHA

marv2
06-17-2019, 03:28 PM
I am almost 200% sure that if Diana announced she is recording and that an album/CD/LP will follow is actually going to happen. She use to sing the hell out of "More Today than Yesterday" on just about every show and concert. I really wasn't that fond of the song but she sure loved singing it. I think she is coming out again !!! HAHAHA

She's almost 80 years old. It couldn't be too soon.......hehehehehehehehehe! LOL!!!

pghmusiclover
06-17-2019, 03:52 PM
This is wonderful news! I do hope Mark produces all [[or most) of the project.

And yes, it MUST be issued on vinyl!

Koach
06-17-2019, 05:02 PM
This is amazing news. I really want her to work with Barry Gibb again. I hope he can nab her for a project.

PeaceNHarmony
06-17-2019, 07:58 PM
This is amazing news. I really want her to work with Barry Gibb again. I hope he can nab her for a project.Barry had great new songs on his last solo lp. A Diana cover would be nice.

BayouMotownMan
06-17-2019, 08:12 PM
She's almost 80 years old. It couldn't be too soon.......hehehehehehehehehe! LOL!!!

Yea...and she's younger than Mary.hehehehehehehehe

jobeterob
06-17-2019, 08:52 PM
Yea...and she's younger than Mary.hehehehehehehehe

And happier than Mary and Marv put together

captainjames
06-18-2019, 05:46 AM
What I have noticed is that everytime Diana does something new or has a great concert review the forum starts getting all old reviews and interviews that Mary did 25-40 years ago. How ironic and messy and nellie.

pghmusiclover
06-18-2019, 05:55 AM
What I have noticed is that everytime Diana does something new or has a great concert review the forum starts getting all old reviews and interviews that Mary did 25-40 years ago. How ironic and messy and nellie.

yeah it’s funny there are like 4 Mary stories at the top of this forum — as if she’s the most popular artist on the internet LOL out if curiosity I checked them out and they are old news!

I’d like to see Diana work with Erykah Badu, who I’m fairly certain said something like her style was channeling Billie Holiday via Diana in “Lady Sings The Blues”.

While they are not popular these days, I always wanted Diana to work with British band Swing Out Sister.

Glenpwood
06-18-2019, 09:48 AM
For those of you wanting the new Diana on 8-Track, there's hope. Mark Ronson had a limited edition batch of them made for his upcoming album that were sold on his website. They sold out in hours.

thanxal
06-18-2019, 09:53 AM
For those of you wanting the new Diana on 8-Track, there's hope. Mark Ronson had a limited edition batch of them made for his upcoming album that were sold on his website. They sold out in hours.
WHERE.IS.THE.REEL-TO-REEL???? True audiophiles know it is the only way. Huff...puff...

pghmusiclover
06-18-2019, 10:40 AM
WHERE.IS.THE.REEL-TO-REEL???? True audiophiles know it is the only way. Huff...puff...

Those reel-to-reel tapes are still being made -- they are prohibitively expensive, in my opinion!

http://www.elusivedisc.com/New-Reel-To-Reel-Tape/products/2976/

thanxal
06-18-2019, 11:04 AM
Those reel-to-reel tapes are still being made -- they are prohibitively expensive, in my opinion!

http://www.elusivedisc.com/New-Reel-To-Reel-Tape/products/2976/
WOW! This is a long running "joke" on my part. I had no idea that reel-to-reel tapes were actually still being produced. I'm sure there is someone out there who insists. LOL!!!!

pghmusiclover
06-18-2019, 03:47 PM
WOW! This is a long running "joke" on my part. I had no idea that reel-to-reel tapes were actually still being produced. I'm sure there is someone out there who insists. LOL!!!!

I feel that way about 8-tracks so I was surprised to see Mark Ronson offering one — along with a Mini-disc [[which look cute, but I never owned any or a player — Diana’s “Every Day Is A New Day” was released in that MD format).

thanxal
06-18-2019, 03:50 PM
Seriously?

Roberta75
06-18-2019, 04:01 PM

LOLOLOLOL. Those 8 tracks were so large and clunky. 4 of them filled my Dads Ford Pinto. LOL

pghmusiclover
06-18-2019, 04:11 PM
LOLOLOLOL. Those 8 tracks were so large and clunky. 4 of them filled my Dads Ford Pinto. LOL

And many of them changed tracks in the middle of a song!

milven
06-18-2019, 05:03 PM
I am almost 200% sure that if Diana announced she is recording and that an album/CD/LP will follow is actually going to happen.....!! HAHAHA

Marv, It sounds like you are wishing her to die in the near future and she shouldn't make any plans. Shame on you an all your negativity to this thread.

"have you no sense of decency sir at long last have you no shame"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqQD4dzVkwk

thanxal
06-18-2019, 07:14 PM
But they all burned up when the Pinto exploded?

PeaceNHarmony
06-18-2019, 07:34 PM
Marv, It sounds like you are wishing her to die in the near future and she shouldn't make any plans. Shame on you an all your negativity to this thread.

"have you no sense of decency sir at long last have you no shame"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqQD4dzVkwkQuite simply, from someone who has been a member here for years, the answer is 'no'. A disgusting person.

midnightman
06-18-2019, 07:59 PM

CD's ain't dying any time soon lol iTunes is dead on Mac computers lol

If vinyl and cassettes can make a comeback, I don't expect CD's to leave. Streaming can't replace everything. Stop believing the fake news. :D

sansradio
06-18-2019, 08:06 PM
CD's ain't dying any time soon lol iTunes is dead on Mac computers lol

If vinyl and cassettes can make a comeback, I don't expect CD's to leave. Streaming can't replace everything. Stop believing the fake news. :D

The "death of iTunes" is really a repackaging/remarketing ploy; all the functions of iTunes will remain for Mac users under a different umbrella.

Back on topic: I am overjoyed for the return of Miss Ross! Can't wait for her to slay all the dragons.

midnightman
06-18-2019, 08:18 PM
The "death of iTunes" is really a repackaging/remarketing ploy; all the functions of iTunes will remain for Mac users under a different umbrella.

Back on topic: I am overjoyed for the return of Miss Ross! Can't wait for her to slay all the dragons.

Then people fell for the fake news again. I had only read that iTunes on Windows would continue like normal lol [[even HITS Daily Double ran with it).

But anyway, yeah I hope she puts it out soon. :)

Boogiedown
06-18-2019, 08:40 PM
On a couple of recent threads regarding suggestions about what Diana's latest project should be , there were lots of clever ideas about producers and album themes, but I don't remember a single one saying what she needs to do is release an album of songs written by her children....

Maybe it's pure genius , we'll see!! [[Or will we?? :rolleyes:)

Bluebrock
06-19-2019, 02:31 AM
On a couple of recent threads regarding suggestions about what Diana's latest project should be , there were lots of clever ideas about producers and album themes, but I don't remember a single one saying what she needs to do is release an album of songs written by her children....

It is highly unlikely many songs written by her children will make the final cut.

captainjames
06-19-2019, 09:18 AM
She didn't mention Rhonda writing any songs which I could see on a track with her.

TomatoTom123
06-19-2019, 12:59 PM
Now if Diana could do an extended tour of South East England over a period of 1-2 years in promotion of this new album which with its eight #1 worldwide hits manages to please both long time fans and attract newer audiences, my Diana dream can come true. :p

TomatoTom123
06-19-2019, 01:01 PM

So iTunes isn't dying sans? Even on windows?! Apple can be frustrating at times, but damn I like their stylish minimalist approach to technology. :p

thanxal
06-19-2019, 01:06 PM
So iTunes isn't dying sans? Even on windows?! Apple can be frustrating at times, but damn I like their stylish minimalist approach to technology. :p
This whole transition has been widely mis-reported in the tech press.

Apple is breaking iTunes into its constituent parts - Music, Podcasts, Apps. This is a long time coming. iTunes has been too bloated for too long. It's not a "marketing ploy" either. Apple finally listened to developers who complained endlessly about iBloat. Try writing anything that depends on iTunes and see how "fun" it is. There is a reason there was a long applause when Apple announced the demise of iTunes at WWDC. It is a developer conference, after all.

The iTunes app will remain on the upcoming MacOS10.15 update for people who, ahem, like 8-track tapes, eg. those who refuse to move along when it comes to technology. It just won't be promoted [[as a default to open files) or supported, except for bug-fixes. iTunes on Windows will remain the same [[for now).

If you don't like Apple's approach to music, there is a thriving secondhand market for Microsoft Zunes. Have fun with that.

pghmusiclover
06-19-2019, 01:08 PM

I doubt that it's "an album of songs written by her children..." -- probably more like a song or two.

khansperac
06-19-2019, 01:17 PM
Evan and Ashley are actually pretty good song writers. Rhonda is also good. If they contributed a song or two it would not be the end of the world.

Boogiedown
06-19-2019, 03:59 PM
Evan and Ashley are actually pretty good song writers. Rhonda is also good. If they contributed a song or two it would not be the end of the world.

Diana Ross does the Evan/Ashley songbook. Now we're talkin'.

sansradio
06-19-2019, 04:33 PM

Thanxal answered this perfectly above.

Jaap
06-19-2019, 04:55 PM
Don't want to get our hopes up to high. It took Nile Rodgers a couple of years to finally get the new Chic album released. But -- as I have said before -- I would love Ross to work with Alicia Keys or Raphael Saadiq, who both have expressed interest in working with Ross before. Also really like the work that Emeli Sandé is doing.

marv2
06-19-2019, 04:59 PM
Diana Ross does the Evan/Ashley songbook. Now we're talkin'.

You need to STOP! Bustin' out LOL!!!!!!

Boogiedown
06-19-2019, 05:23 PM
You need to STOP! Bustin' out LOL!!!!!!

:rolleyes: well it reeks of desperation , acting excited about this.

A sincere Diana Ross fan should help and guide her with , "we know you love your bratty kids , but please don't do this to us !!! "

marv2
06-19-2019, 05:32 PM
:rolleyes: well it reeks of desperation , acting excited about this.

A sincere Diana Ross fan should help and guide her with , "we know you love your bratty kids , but please don't do this to us !!! "

I can imagine the desperation some may be experiencing when you think about the fact that Diana has had only 2 releases of new and semi new material in 20 years. I don't think there are really any hot producers and songwriters out there pursuing her. She should have done that Tyler Perry movie! LOL!

vgalindo
06-19-2019, 06:11 PM
I can imagine the desperation some may be experiencing when you think about the fact that Diana has had only 2 releases of new and semi new material in 20 years. I don't think there are really any hot producers and songwriters out there pursuing her. She should have done that Tyler Perry movie! LOL!
Marv. Please give it a break. Let it go. It must be so stressful for you. We can see your overwhelming jealousy. You can’t stand it !! Lol Ever since it was announced that Diana Ross is going to be working on a new album and with one of the hottest producers in business! I feel sorry for you. I truly do.

marv2
06-19-2019, 08:01 PM
Marv. Please give it a break. Let it go. It must be so stressful for you. We can see your overwhelming jealousy. You can’t stand it !! Lol Ever since it was announced that Diana Ross is going to be working on a new album and with one of the hottest producers in business! I feel sorry for you. I truly do.

You're self deluded. I have not seen anywhere in any trade news or industry news about an upcoming "Diana Ross" album. She just blurted that out. She does not even have a recording contract anymore. You're fantasizing. You should have been around when she meant something in the industry.........

vgalindo
06-19-2019, 08:12 PM
You're self deluded. I have not seen anywhere in any trade news or industry news about an upcoming "Diana Ross" album. She just blurted that out. She does not even have a recording contract anymore. You're fantasizing. You should have been around when she meant something in the industry.........
If that makes you sleep better at night in not believing her! Lol. I can’t imagine how stressed you’ll be when a trade or news industry reports this!! LOL.

midnightman
06-19-2019, 09:20 PM
Don't want to get our hopes up to high. It took Nile Rodgers a couple of years to finally get the new Chic album released. But -- as I have said before -- I would love Ross to work with Alicia Keys or Raphael Saadiq, who both have expressed interest in working with Ross before. Also really like the work that Emeli Sandé is doing.

Yeah, I hope something good comes out of it. :)

TomatoTom123
06-20-2019, 04:54 AM
This whole transition has been widely mis-reported in the tech press.

Apple is breaking iTunes into its constituent parts - Music, Podcasts, Apps. This is a long time coming. iTunes has been too bloated for too long. It's not a "marketing ploy" either. Apple finally listened to developers who complained endlessly about iBloat. Try writing anything that depends on iTunes and see how "fun" it is. There is a reason there was a long applause when Apple announced the demise of iTunes at WWDC. It is a developer conference, after all.

The iTunes app will remain on the upcoming MacOS10.15 update for people who, ahem, like 8-track tapes, eg. those who refuse to move along when it comes to technology. It just won't be promoted [[as a default to open files) or supported, except for bug-fixes. iTunes on Windows will remain the same [[for now).

If you don't like Apple's approach to music, there is a thriving secondhand market for Microsoft Zunes. Have fun with that.

Thanks thanx! At the time of my previous post, I was experiencing annoying problems with my music, so I was ready to give up on iTunes altogether. [[Well kinda.) Now its fixed and everything's ok. :D

TomatoTom123
06-20-2019, 04:57 AM
I hadn't thought about it but Emile Sandé would be great for Diana to work with!!
Can you hear Diana on this one? Maybe. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnYsk7jfUTE

pghmusiclover
06-20-2019, 05:58 AM

Those would be excellent collaborators for Miss Ross!

Fourtopsbiggestfan
06-20-2019, 06:42 AM

Amen to that. Just gonna be crossover sellout material. Nothing going like the 60s or the 1999 song SUGAR FREE. Real r&b.

https://youtu.be/DtNXGNKjDIE

pghmusiclover
06-20-2019, 09:03 AM
To make Marv happy, maybe Diana could do a cover of that Mary Wilson classic, "Darling Mother [[Johnnie Mae)". :rolleyes:

marv2
06-20-2019, 10:56 AM
To make Marv happy, maybe Diana could do a cover of that Mary Wilson classic, "Darling Mother [[Johnnie Mae)". :rolleyes:

No, what would make me happy is if Diana would meet people like you, let you see how she really is and then she would go away forever..........LOL! Now that would make me happy.

marv2
06-20-2019, 10:57 AM
Amen to that. Just gonna be crossover sellout material. Nothing going like the 60s or the 1999 song SUGAR FREE. Real r&b.

https://youtu.be/DtNXGNKjDIE

Diana Ross can't even spell R&B.

RanRan79
06-20-2019, 11:17 AM
I hadn't thought about it but Emile Sandé would be great for Diana to work with!!

I don't know Tom. Maybe if it's slowed down a bit. I don't think Diana can sing at that pace anymore, but who knows? I like the idea of Alicia Keys or Raphael Saadiq getting some time, as Jaap suggests.

Albator
06-20-2019, 11:26 AM
No, what would make me happy is if Diana would meet people like you, let you see how she really is and then she would go away forever..........LOL! Now that would make me happy.Why do you care?

marv2
06-20-2019, 11:34 AM
Why do you care?

Why do you?

Albator
06-20-2019, 12:44 PM
Why do you?
You mean, why do I care that you care about Diana's fans? Your recurring wish and motivation of wanting to open our eyes to Diana Ross' real personality comes back quite often on your posts.
Since I'm one of her fans, I wonder why you care so much for us

PeaceNHarmony
06-21-2019, 07:51 AM

https://youtu.be/DtNXGNKjDIEI wonder if you thought Wilson's Carlyle show was a crossover sellout also?

Circa 1824
06-22-2019, 12:52 PM
I am going to see Diana Ross tonight at NYC's Radio City Music Hall. She might talk about the new album. The show is sold out, but tickets are available on the secondary market.

[[Anyone else going?)

marv2
06-22-2019, 04:20 PM
I am going to see Diana Ross tonight at NYC's Radio City Music Hall. She might talk about the new album. The show is sold out, but tickets are available on the secondary market.

[[Anyone else going?)

Yes please let us know! LOL!!!

jobeterob
06-22-2019, 06:52 PM
Circa, you and others need to ask about the the album if there is a Q and A

Philles/Motown Gary
06-24-2019, 05:04 AM

Ooh, yeah, Tom! I hope so!

Bluebrock
06-24-2019, 03:46 PM
No, what would make me happy is if Diana would meet people like you, let you see how she really is and then she would go away forever..........LOL! Now that would make me happy.
If Diana Ross went away who the hell would you have to bitch about? She is a key component in your sad and empty existence, and without her your life would be even more wretched than it already is.
Be careful what you wish for .

Philles/Motown Gary
06-24-2019, 06:56 PM
Moving right along.... Can hardly wait for Diana's new album/CD! Mark Ronson as producer sounds great to me. He has what it takes to give Diana some uptown funk -- the kind that appeals to both blacks and whites -- which is right up her alley. As far as other producers are concerned, I'll remain open-minded until I hear it -- including her kids' compositions, if any. [[But, please....not Chic again. Been there, done that TWICE already.)

PeaceNHarmony
06-24-2019, 08:02 PM
If Diana Ross went away who the hell would you have to bitch about? She is a key component in your sad and empty existence, and without her your life would be even more wretched than it already is.
Be careful what you wish for .#laughingstock. Is all I have to say.

Bluebrock
06-25-2019, 02:24 AM
Moving right along.... Can hardly wait for Diana's new album/CD! Mark Ronson as producer sounds great to me. He has what it takes to give Diana some uptown funk -- the kind that appeals to both blacks and whites -- which is right up her alley. As far as other producers are concerned, I'll remain open-minded until I hear it -- including her kids' compositions, if any. [[But, please....not Chic again. Been there, done that TWICE already.)
I strongly suspect Nile will be involved with a couple of tracks. Hopefully they will be more like the Diana album than the Workin Overtime album!

Philles/Motown Gary
06-25-2019, 03:19 AM
I strongly suspect Nile will be involved with a couple of tracks. Hopefully they will be more like the Diana album than the Workin Overtime album!

I sure hope you're right, Bluebrock. Thanks!

florence
06-25-2019, 06:14 AM
Can't say I would be particularly looking forward to Nile Rodgers' involvement.

Workin' Overtime imo was a complete mess, the only track with merit being Bottom Line and while it's hypothetical as to how the "original" diana! might have performed the final blockbuster was re-mixed by Russ Terrana.

Now Mark Ronson's involvement is definitely exciting.

TomatoTom123
06-26-2019, 08:19 PM
I think that any involvement on Nile's part would be along the lines of his recent collaborations with Daft Punk, John Newman, his new Chic album, etc, not anything like Workin' Overtime... an odd and quite dated LP which in my opinion somehow manages to sound nothing like a Nile Rodgers or Diana Ross album at all... :p

TomatoTom123
06-26-2019, 08:22 PM
Ooh, yeah, Tom! I hope so!

I know right Gary!!!

I agree that Mark Ronson would be great! But oh Gary I'm open to a Chic collaboration, if done right, could be a cool and quite fitting choice. :)

Philles/Motown Gary
06-27-2019, 12:14 AM
I know right Gary!!!

I agree that Mark Ronson would be great! But oh Gary I'm open to a Chic collaboration, if done right, could be a cool and quite fitting choice. :)

Well, if turns out you're right, Tom, I'll be the first to admit it. But, at this point, after the "Workin' Overtime" mess, I find it hard to ever trust him with Diana again [[musically speaking).

TomatoTom123
06-28-2019, 07:31 PM
Well, if turns out you're right, Tom, I'll be the first to admit it. But, at this point, after the "Workin' Overtime" mess, I find it hard to ever trust him with Diana again [[musically speaking).

I hear you Gary. But nothing about that album says "Nile Rodgers" to me at all... it's not something he would return to... surely :p

Levi Stubbs Tears
07-01-2019, 06:24 AM

Indeed.

My hope [[dream lol) is that he could do one side, laying down the tracks with his band and Diana coming in to do her vocals as she did back in the day.

If Diana does do Glastonbury I would love to see Nile & Chic as her backing band. She could do the complete diana album - 40 years after the success of her biggest ever album - as well as a couple of the newer tracks.

And of course, Kimberley & Folami would make great backing vocalists for her other hits including Supremes songs.

Well I can dream, can't I? :)

it's not something he would return to... surely
Well he mentioned quite a few times over the past five years leading into the Chic album that he wanted to work with Diana [[& Debbie Harry) again.

Bluebrock
07-01-2019, 09:02 AM
Indeed.

My hope [[dream lol) is that he could do one side, laying down the tracks with his band and Diana coming in to do her vocals as she did back in the day.

If Diana does do Glastonbury I would love to see Nile & Chic as her backing band. She could do the complete diana album - 40 years after the success of her biggest ever album - as well as a couple of the newer tracks.

And of course, Kimberley & Folami would make great backing vocalists for her other hits including Supremes songs.

Well I can dream, can't I? :)

Well he mentioned quite a few times over the past five years leading into the Chic album that he wanted to work with Diana [[& Debbie Harry) again.
If she does Glastonbury it will likely be 2021 when the new album will have been out for a few months. There is one major obstacle to her agreeing to do it which i shall not go into here, but hopefully that can be overcome.
I am sure Nile would jump at the chance to join her at Glastonbury. He has already played there to great acclaim. If it all comes to fruition it promises to be very exciting with other big names likely to join her.
Going slightly off topic Janet Jackson's debut at Glastonbury has been greeted with much ridicule over the weekend. One member of the audience claimed she had achieved the unique feat of miming whilst sounding out of tune at the same time. Ouch!!!

JohnnyB
07-01-2019, 11:05 AM
If she does Glastonbury it will likely be 2021 when the new album will have been out for a few months. There is one major obstacle to her agreeing to do it which i shall not go into here, but hopefully that can be overcome.
I am sure Nile would jump at the chance to join her at Glastonbury. He has already played there to great acclaim. If it all comes to fruition it promises to be very exciting with other big names likely to join her.
Going slightly off topic Janet Jackson's debut at Glastonbury has been greeted with much ridicule over the weekend. One member of the audience claimed she had achieved the unique feat of miming whilst sounding out of tune at the same time. Ouch!!!

Ouch, indeed!! Smh...

PeaceNHarmony
07-01-2019, 03:33 PM
Going slightly off topic Janet Jackson's debut at Glastonbury has been greeted with much ridicule over the weekend. One member of the audience claimed she had achieved the unique feat of miming whilst sounding out of tune at the same time. Ouch!!!Goodness. And there's no emoji for clutching one's pearls :rolleyes:

Philles/Motown Gary
07-01-2019, 04:34 PM
goodness. And there's no emoji for clutching one's pearls :rolleyes:

lolololol!!!!!

Boogiedown
07-02-2019, 02:31 AM
it strikes me that Mark Ronsons new album is being described as particularly sad laden, and Diana Ross now pinpoints that's specifically the kind of songs she doesn't want to do ??

Odd coincidence or the two must have had a conversation framed around this.

marv2
07-02-2019, 07:54 AM
it strikes me that Mark Ronsons new album is being described as particularly sad laden, and Diana Ross now pinpoints that's specifically the kind of songs she doesn't want to do ??

What recording company is Diana Ross with?

TomatoTom123
07-02-2019, 09:43 AM

I meant that a Workin' Overtime album would not be something Nile would return to [[its got little to do with his signature style)... I think a Nile & Diana collaboration is something he would return to, and I’d be glad of it! :)

Philles/Motown Gary
07-02-2019, 09:46 AM

John, where did you hear that Diana doesn't want to record any sad songs? I hope that isn't true, as sad songs are what she does best. She can break a heart with one note, and I would hate to see that change.

Albator
07-02-2019, 09:57 AM
John, where did you hear that Diana doesn't want to record any sad songs? I hope that isn't true, as sad songs are what she does best. She can break a heart with one note, and I would hate to see that change.
She said that at Radio City or her last Vegas Show.

Philles/Motown Gary
07-02-2019, 10:27 AM
She said that at Radio City or her last Vegas Show.
Thanks, Albator. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she'll change her mind and record a balance of happy songs and sad songs.

Albator
07-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Thanks, Albator. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she'll change her mind and record a balance of happy songs and sad songs.
Diana is on top singing about bitterness and all. But many of her albums are not about sad songs, like The Boss, Diana, Ross 83 ...

midnightman
07-02-2019, 12:36 PM
^ That is so true...

She honestly don't need to do more sad songs. When it comes to "dark" material she did, "Every Day Is a New Day" is the tops on that. I rather for her to make the OPPOSITE of EDIAND now.

drlorne
07-02-2019, 12:40 PM
This was great. I loved it.
At her Toronto concert she said she has experienced so many facets of the music industry, from 45's to mp3. She may not do a complete physical album, but just stream a few songs.
We'll see.

drlorne
07-02-2019, 12:41 PM
I can definitely hear her singing this. This is a great song.

drlorne
07-02-2019, 12:45 PM
She said that at her Toronto concert as well. She's is a good place and wants to sing upbeat songs. But even the Supremes songs were about love lost, but they were very danceable....even though I sang along, I really didn't pay attention to the content of the lyric.

paul_nixon
07-02-2019, 01:43 PM
In all these announcements has it mentioned a record label? Would be interested to know which label is gonna take a punt on this...

Boogiedown
07-02-2019, 02:22 PM
In all these announcements has it mentioned a record label? Would be interested to know which label is gonna take a punt on this...

well Mark Ronson is with RCA. Yikes!!!

Bluebrock
07-02-2019, 03:13 PM
What recording company is Diana Ross with?
Why would that concern you?
Give my regards to Luke by the way. He seems to have gone a little quiet. Why would that be i wonder? Give him our best when you next speak to him won't you? ��

Boogiedown
07-02-2019, 03:45 PM
^ That is so true...

She honestly don't need to do more sad songs. When it comes to "dark" material she did, "Every Day Is a New Day" is the tops on that. I rather for her to make the OPPOSITE of EDIAND now.

It's actually kinda neat. Diana is in a good place in her life and she wants her music to reflect it . [[sorry Gary!)

Much better than those angry old bitter O'Jays

marv2
07-02-2019, 04:22 PM
Why would that concern you?
Give my regards to Luke by the way. He seems to have gone a little quiet. Why would that be i wonder? Give him our best when you next speak to him won't you? ��

Either she has a recording contract from a recording company or doesn't. You understand English!

TomatoTom123
07-02-2019, 08:28 PM

Well Boogie, I have downloaded Mark Ronson's new album... it's not bad and not wholly sad. The songs are lyrically sad [[and some of the vocals are) but the style is fairly upbeat, disco-ish pop. I'm not a massive fan of any of the people he has collaborated with though, Diana would be much better!!!

PeaceNHarmony
07-02-2019, 08:33 PM
why would that concern you?
Give my regards to luke by the way. He seems to have gone a little quiet. Why would that be i wonder? Give him our best when you next speak to him won't you? ��lololololol!!!

PeaceNHarmony
07-02-2019, 08:36 PM
Well Boogie, I have downloaded Mark Ronson's new album... it's not bad and not wholly sad. The songs are lyrically sad [[and some of the vocals are) but the style is fairly upbeat, disco-ish pop. I'm not a massive fan of any of the people he has collaborated with though, Diana would be much better!!!
Hi Tom - The new Ronson album was created to reflect the feelings he's experienced post-divorce. His lp would, of course, have little to nothing to do with music he would create for Diana. Talented producers can produce music of more than one mood, as I' sure you [[if not others ...) can understand!
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/13/arts/mark-ronson-late-night-feelings.html?searchResultPosition=1

Boogiedown
07-03-2019, 02:24 AM
Hi Tom - The new Ronson album was created to reflect the feelings he's experienced post-divorce. His lp would, of course, have little to nothing to do with music he would create for Diana. Talented producers can produce music of more than one mood, as I' sure you [[if not others ...) can understand!
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/13/arts/mark-ronson-late-night-feelings.html?searchResultPosition=1

oh you didn't get the memo?? Mark Ronson has announced he will from now thru eternity only write sad songs for the rest of his life and career , and he doesn't care who , and he means no matter who!! , requests otherwise!

Bluebrock
07-03-2019, 02:31 AM
Either she has a recording contract from a recording company or doesn't. You understand English!
You will have to wait until the official announcement just like the rest of us. I realise anything concerning Diana is of great interest to you, but you must try to exercise patience. I hope Luke is a little more patient than you are!

Albator
07-03-2019, 02:57 AM
You will have to wait until the official announcement just like the rest of us. I realise anything concerning Diana is of great interest to you, but you must try to exercise patience. I hope Luke is a little more patient than you are!In the past, Luke claimed a lot a important anonyme sources, maybe they know.

PeaceNHarmony
07-03-2019, 05:38 AM
You will have to wait until the official announcement just like the rest of us. I realise anything concerning Diana is of great interest to you, but you must try to exercise patience. I hope Luke is a little more patient than you are!... and I'm sure, if Diana chooses to make another lp, it will not be released on a tiny local label such as CEO or Nightmare or whatever.

Bluebrock
07-03-2019, 06:34 AM
In the past, Luke claimed a lot a important anonyme sources, maybe they know.

Perhaps they do Albator. Hopefully Marv will have a private chat with "Luke" and maybe between them they can squeeze some information out of their sources! Ha ha ha.

Bluebrock
07-03-2019, 06:37 AM
... and I'm sure, if Diana chooses to make another lp, it will not be released on a tiny local label such as CEO or Nightmare or whatever.

There is plenty of interest, and that has intensified over the past year or two. If Diana would just lower her demands on touring and promoting this album could have been out in 2017.

Albator
07-03-2019, 07:39 AM
There is plenty of interest, and that has intensified over the past year or two. If Diana would just lower her demands on touring and promoting this album could have been out in 2017.
There is plenty of interest, and that has intensified over the past year or two. If Diana would just lower her demands on touring and promoting this album could have been out in 2017.Do you really think she is that interested in making an album? Don't misunderstand me, I hope she is going to record, with great producers, and they'll come with exciting new stuff. I love her actual voice and she can be very effective with appropriated material. But Diana knows that music isn't selling anymore unless you are a trendy young act. Barbra, Madonna, Cher, all those iconic superstars are ending with mediocre results in term of sales.
Why would she be an exception?

PeaceNHarmony
07-03-2019, 10:17 AM
There is plenty of interest, and that has intensified over the past year or two. If Diana would just lower her demands on touring and promoting this album could have been out in 2017.That was always my guess, Bluebrock. Supporting a major album release must be grueling, and we all know that Diana is supportive and involved with her now-extended family in a big, big way so I'm sure the grin & greet 'thang just isn't appealing to her any longer.

PeaceNHarmony
07-03-2019, 02:07 PM
Perhaps they do Albator. Hopefully Marv will have a private chat with "Luke" and maybe between them they can squeeze some information out of their sources! Ha ha ha.There was another one for a while, as well, who seemed to ... fade away. Perhaps we have our own version of 'Split' in the making!

Bluebrock
07-03-2019, 03:03 PM
Do you really think she is that interested in making an album? Don't misunderstand me, I hope she is going to record, with great producers, and they'll come with exciting new stuff. I love her actual voice and she can be very effective with appropriated material. But Diana knows that music isn't selling anymore unless you are a trendy young act. Barbra, Madonna, Cher, all those iconic superstars are ending with mediocre results in term of sales.
Why would she be an exception?

To be honest she is quite content to just tour domestically where there is little travel involved, but a couple of members of her family have been wanting her to return to the recording studio, and with all the renewed interest in her, and the calibre of people who want to work with her she is actually quite keen herself, but there are a couple of major stumbling blocks which now appear to have been overcome. This has been in discussion since 2016, but it now looks likely to finally come to fruition.

Bluebrock
07-03-2019, 03:10 PM
There was another one for a while, as well, who seemed to ... fade away. Perhaps we have our own version of 'Split' in the making!
Perhaps we do! Ha ha ha.
Didn't the Euyrithmics once release an album called We two are one? And the Spice Girls had a UK no.1 with Two become one. Marv and 'Luke" could perhaps do a cover version of that now they have been reduced from a trio to a "duo".

Roberta75
07-03-2019, 05:29 PM
To be honest she is quite content to just tour domestically where there is little travel involved, but a couple of members of her family have been wanting her to return to the recording studio, and with all the renewed interest in her, and the calibre of people who want to work with her she is actually quite keen herself, but there are a couple of major stumbling blocks which now appear to have been overcome. This has been in discussion since 2016, but it now looks likely to finally come to fruition.

Im happy to read this my dear Bluebrock. Looking forward to a new album from The Boss.

Fondly,

Roberta

TNSUN
11-18-2019, 11:36 PM
I wish Ms.Ross would record a new version of "These Things Will Keep Me Lovin You." Someone needs to refresh this awesome song.

Ollie9
11-19-2019, 06:06 AM

Yes Tom, i can hear Diana doing something of the same. Anything like this and i would be a very happy bunny indeed.

Ollie9
11-19-2019, 06:38 AM
well Mark Ronson is with RCA. Yikes!!!

Yikes indeed lol. Of course when discussing which producers might be best for Diana to work with, we are all assuming Diana would be compliant in the recording studio. Post 81 and even when working with a strong producer Diana still likes to take control. She has said as much when discussing working with Narada.
Will she insist on co-producing or have lessons perhaps been learnt?. It is a possible.

Bluebrock
11-19-2019, 09:31 AM
Yikes indeed lol. Of course when discussing which producers might be best for Diana to work with, we are all assuming Diana would be compliant in the recording studio. Post 81 and even when working with a strong producer Diana still likes to take control. She has said as much when discussing working with Narada.
Will she insist on co-producing or have lessons perhaps been learnt?. It is a possible.

She is no longer as interested in taking control as she once was. It sounds very much like she is letting Mark and Nile take charge on this album.

midnightman
11-19-2019, 06:48 PM
The Diana Ross of 2020 is different from the Diana Ross of 1980 lol

Ollie9
11-20-2019, 04:07 AM
She is no longer as interested in taking control as she once was. It sounds very much like she is letting Mark and Nile take charge on this album.

I really hope so Bluebrock. Having said that, i would be surprised not to see Diana listed as executive producer, whatever that title means.

florence
11-20-2019, 07:47 AM

Mark Ronson all the way but I would be somewhat apprehensive about Nile Rodgers given some of his recent output.

Bluebrock
11-20-2019, 09:21 AM
Mark Ronson all the way but I would be somewhat apprehensive about Nile Rodgers given some of his recent output.
I share your concern. I know he has submitted some demos. I honestly do not know if Diana has accepted or rejected them. I suspect there will be at least one from him on the album. I should know something official by the 2nd week of December.

daviddh
11-24-2019, 08:52 AM
Wonder if she would include any Gibb songs...there are a few gems on EA that are really good but the album didn't sound as POP as I remember it.....imo.
Either way glad she is recording an album.

Bluebrock
11-24-2019, 10:15 AM
Wonder if she would include any Gibb songs...there are a few gems on EA that are really good but the album didn't sound as POP as I remember it.....imo.
Either way glad she is recording an album.

Not on this album, but maybe on the next one.

daviddh
11-24-2019, 12:53 PM
i would like her to record Ribbon in The Sky ...surprised she hasn't.
so this maybe a 2 album deal>>?

smallworld
11-24-2019, 01:11 PM
I only heard the Gibb song "Carried Away" for the first time this year. I believe it was originally an Olivia Newton John album track. I think it would suit Diana's airy vocal quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmiSlfkRa-s

TNSUN
11-24-2019, 05:09 PM
Definitely, Diana Ross' vocals could make this song soar!

PeaceNHarmony
11-24-2019, 07:57 PM
i would like her to record Ribbon in The Sky ...surprised she hasn't.
so this maybe a 2 album deal>>?Absolutely. I want Diana to record more Stevie.

Ollie9
11-25-2019, 01:16 AM
I only heard the Gibb song "Carried Away" for the first time this year. I believe it was originally an Olivia Newton John album track. I think it would suit Diana's airy vocal quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmiSlfkRa-s

"Carried Away" was a song rejected by Streisand when recording her Guilty album. The song was passed on to Olivia for her Physical set. My fave song from that album being "Falling". Perhaps another song that might also have suited Diana.

Bluebrock
11-25-2019, 03:33 AM
"Carried Away" was a song rejected by Streisand when recording her Guilty album. The song was passed on to Olivia for her Physical set. My fave song from that album being "Falling". Perhaps another song that might also have suited Diana.
Streisand did record "carried away" for the Guilty album but it didn't make the final cut. It may yet appear on a future compilation. I still haven't given up on an expanded version of Guilty, but Babs has been very reluctant to greenlight any expanded editions up to now.

Ollie9
11-25-2019, 04:12 AM
Streisand did record "carried away" for the Guilty album but it didn't make the final cut. It may yet appear on a future compilation. I still haven't given up on an expanded version of Guilty, but Babs has been very reluctant to greenlight any expanded editions up to now.

It's interesting that Bab's,Diana then a little later Olivia released perhaps their best album around that time period.

rovereab
11-25-2019, 05:57 AM
I would love to hear Diana sing Stevie's You And I [[We Can Conquer The World) from Talking Book. She would absolutely nail that song.

Perhaps as a duet with Stevie or at least with him playing some of the instrumentation.

PeaceNHarmony
11-25-2019, 06:44 AM
Streisand did record "carried away" for the Guilty album but it didn't make the final cut. It may yet appear on a future compilation. I still haven't given up on an expanded version of Guilty, but Babs has been very reluctant to greenlight any expanded editions up to now.Interesting; I wonder why? Other than Barbra, like Diana is a present- and forward-looking lady.

PeaceNHarmony
11-25-2019, 06:45 AM
I would love to hear Diana sing Stevie's You And I [[We Can Conquer The World) from Talking Book. She would absolutely nail that song.

Perhaps as a duet with Stevie or at least with him playing some of the instrumentation.Yes, You and I would be great by Diana. A beautiful song that's worthy of rediscovery.

Bluebrock
11-25-2019, 07:34 AM
It's interesting that Bab's,Diana then a little later Olivia released perhaps their best album around that time period.
I haven't heard Olivia's album so i shall have to take your word for that, but it was certainly a great time for quality albums

Bluebrock
11-25-2019, 07:37 AM
Interesting; I wonder why? Other than Barbra, like Diana is a present- and forward-looking lady.
You would be amazed at how many canned tracks she has got in the vault. I actually asked her to sanction an expanded edition of Guilty, but all she did was laugh and say "maybe one day". It is most frustrating!

rovereab
11-25-2019, 08:10 AM
Yes, You and I would be great by Diana. A beautiful song that's worthy of rediscovery.

Bluerock, given your association with Diana, is there any chance of suggesting You And I [[We Can Conquer The World) to her for the up and coming album or one in the future please?

motownlover1964
11-25-2019, 08:41 AM
As I read this thread I find myself like I was a teenager again awaiting a new release from at the time, The Supremes, but now it's a new Ross recording. I bought all of her solo works through Take Me Higher but now that this is officially in the works I'll be in line to buy it the moment it's available.

Bluebrock
11-25-2019, 12:17 PM
Bluerock, given your association with Diana, is there any chance of suggesting You And I [[We Can Conquer The World) to her for the up and coming album or one in the future please?

I wish i had so much influence! If i did i would have had her sign for Clive Davis several years ago when he was actively chasing her.
I also begged her work with Ashford and Simpson back in the 90's to no avail.
I am keeping well out of it unless my opinion is sought which is highly unlikely.
Great suggestion though. A Stevie produced album would be wonderful, but sadly he is too sick to be even considered at this time.

SatansBlues
11-25-2019, 12:37 PM
I wish i had so much influence! If i did i would have had her sign for Clive Davis several years ago when he was actively chasing her.
I am keeping well out of it unless my opinion is sought which is highly unlikely.
Great suggestion though. A Stevie produced album would be wonderful, but sadly he is too sick to be even considered at this time.

Has Stevie ever produced another artist with commercial or chart success?

reese
11-25-2019, 12:55 PM
Has Stevie ever produced another artist with commercial or chart success?

He produced a Top 10 hit on Jermaine Jackson with LET'S GET SERIOUS. He also produced a Top 20 hit for the Spinners with IT'S A SHAME.

PeaceNHarmony
11-25-2019, 01:27 PM
Great suggestion though. A Stevie produced album would be wonderful, but sadly he is too sick to be even considered at this time.Sad to hear about about Stevie, though his material would be wonderful even if he does not produce or perform. I'm not too disappointed about the Clive Davis deal not coming to fruition; his productions for at least 10 years [[probably more) have been totally smarmy.

TNSUN
11-25-2019, 01:58 PM
"Family" and "Overjoyed" -[[solo voice with accompaniment by solo jazz guitar)- would be nice songs on Diana Ross' upcoming new album.

khansperac
11-25-2019, 02:11 PM
I hope there is no Gibb involvement.

Bluebrock
11-25-2019, 02:18 PM

Relax. There won't be.

SatansBlues
11-25-2019, 02:37 PM

Agreed. Once was way too much.

SatansBlues
11-25-2019, 02:39 PM
He produced a Top 10 hit on Jermaine Jackson with LET'S GET SERIOUS. He also produced a Top 20 hit for the Spinners with IT'S A SHAME.

I LOVE Stevie Wonder but I just don't see him doing justice to DR's voice. His track record as a producer for other talent is not the best: The Supremes, MR&TheVs, Syreeta. He's a great talent, but I don't think it transfer to other artists. Same with Luther V.

khansperac
11-25-2019, 02:56 PM
I think Luther did a good job with Diana, Dionne, and Aretha.

florence
11-25-2019, 03:09 PM
Carried Away would certainly make a good album track but it just doesn't have that vital punch.

Each to his own - I loved many of the tracks on the Eaten Alive album [[certainly not the titlle track though) but then I do like the Bee Gees.

But I know in general the American public weren't that impressed with it.

Philles/Motown Gary
11-25-2019, 04:06 PM
Still bettin' my money on Mark Ronson producing Diana for a fresh, hip new sound.

sup_fan
11-25-2019, 04:16 PM
I agree that Stevie had a very unique style and approach. IMO when he collaborated with others, it was too Stevie. and i don't know that he approached his group work as a "group" versus a lead singer with vocal backup

reese
11-25-2019, 04:22 PM
I LOVE Stevie Wonder but I just don't see him doing justice to DR's voice. His track record as a producer for other talent is not the best: The Supremes, MR&TheVs, Syreeta. He's a great talent, but I don't think it transfer to other artists. Same with Luther V.

I think Stevie did a good job with Diana on THE FORCE BEHIND THE POWER, but that was only one song. I would prefer that Diana do an album of his compositions as her voice just seems to fit them well.

Bluebrock
11-25-2019, 05:24 PM
I think Luther did a good job with Diana, Dionne, and Aretha.

Not sure about Dionne. Some of the tracks on that album were poor, but the pair of albums he did with Aretha were excellent. The album he did with Cheryl Lynn was pretty good too.

TomatoTom123
11-25-2019, 08:22 PM
I'd be happy with Nile Rodgers, Barry Gibb, Stevie Wonder or Mark Ronson, as long as its good!!!!!!!! :D

TomatoTom123
11-25-2019, 08:31 PM
I personally think this Luther-Dionne song is a bit of a TOON [[not a mindblowingly amazing or beautiful song, but enjoyable nonetheless :D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHn0-S5yaVs&app=desktop&persist_app=1

Albator
11-26-2019, 01:13 AM
You would be amazed at how many canned tracks she has got in the vault. I actually asked her to sanction an expanded edition of Guilty, but all she did was laugh and say "maybe one day". It is most frustrating!
A few years ago, she issued an album of unreleased tracks, but it didn’t sell that well.

Bluebrock
11-26-2019, 03:48 AM
A few years ago, she issued an album of unreleased tracks, but it didn’t sell that well.
yes she did. I think it was called Release Me. It was merely a stop gap compilation between studio albums, but there were a few decent tunes on there. There may be others in the future, but i would prefer expanded editions of some of her classic albums.

Bluebrock
11-26-2019, 03:51 AM
I personally think this Luther-Dionne song is a bit of a TOON [[not a mindblowingly amazing or beautiful song, but enjoyable nonetheless :D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHn0-S5yaVs&app=desktop&persist_app=1
I never cared much for this one but i concede there were worse songs on the album. My personal favourites on that album were "so amazing" and "what can a miracle do".
Dionne was not at all happy with the album despite being good friends with Luther.

jack020
11-26-2019, 03:54 AM
Unreleased Babs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEdBdpHPobU

Albator
11-26-2019, 07:53 AM
yes she did. I think it was called Release Me. It was merely a stop gap compilation between studio albums, but there were a few decent tunes on there. There may be others in the future, but i would prefer expanded editions of some of her classic albums.this was supposed to happen and it didn't.
It's to late now, the market is lost and her fan base is rather old.

I believe she has at least 60 unreleased tracks. So many lost opportunities :[[

Bluebrock
11-26-2019, 03:02 PM
this was supposed to happen and it didn't.

I suspect there are probably more than that. I know of at least 3 outtakes from Guilty. I fear we may not get to hear these songs until she passes away.
Hopefully she will have a change of heart.

Albator
11-26-2019, 03:48 PM
I suspect there are probably more than that. I know of at least 3 outtakes from Guilty. I fear we may not get to hear these songs until she passes away.
Hopefully she will have a change of heart.She recorded a lot, with a lot of different arrangements. I think Diana stopped working that way when she took responsibility of her career

Bluebrock
11-26-2019, 04:48 PM
She recorded a lot, with a lot of different arrangements. I think Diana stopped working that way when she took responsibility of her career

Yes i think she did. There were way more outtakes from the Motown years [[both era's) than the rca years.

PeaceNHarmony
11-26-2019, 08:37 PM
Unreleased Babs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEdBdpHPobUWhat a great link; thanks so much for finding. Love my Barbra!

Guy
11-26-2019, 10:36 PM
this was supposed to happen and it didn't.

I don't think her catalog has a shelf life. People will be listening to Streisand's best recordings for as long as people listen to music. Her recording of "Being Good" on that recent collection is fantastic. It will never be too late to release her unreleased material -- if it's any good.

Guy
11-26-2019, 10:44 PM
No one has mentioned it, so I must be alone in my wish for Ross to record a Motown album -- songs by other Motown artists [[Marvin, Stevie, Smokey, Rick James, DeBarge, etc.)

I don't really want to hear her sing new, unfamiliar songs. I hope she does covers but it would be nice to have a unifying theme.

Albator
11-27-2019, 05:44 AM
I know of at least 3 outtakes from Guilty. I fear we may not get to hear these songs until she passes away.
Hopefully she will have a change of heart.have you heard these outtakes?

Bluebrock
11-27-2019, 10:26 AM
have you heard these outtakes?
Frustratingly no!

Koach
11-27-2019, 01:19 PM
I would love her to do the new songs Barry Gibb wrote for her. I'd love for them to do a duet... Perhaps Islands in the Stream. Was that not written for her originally?

SatansBlues
11-27-2019, 01:31 PM
I would love her to do the new songs Barry Gibb wrote for her. I'd love for them to do a duet... Perhaps Islands in the Stream. Was that not written for her originally?

I'd much rather her do a tribute album to the 70s Supremes. Once was a plenty with Barry Gibbs.

Bluebrock
11-28-2019, 03:37 AM
It was originally planned as a duet between Diana and Barry, but of course Diana rejected it along with several other tunes that ended up on Kenny Rodgers's Barry Gibb produced album.

midnightman
11-28-2019, 11:38 AM
I think Stevie did a good job with Diana on THE FORCE BEHIND THE POWER, but that was only one song. I would prefer that Diana do an album of his compositions as her voice just seems to fit them well.

It could work...with someone else producing it lol

I love her version of Too Shy to Say on Baby It's Me [[I think it was on Baby It's Me anyway, correct me if I'm wrong).

Bluebrock
11-28-2019, 11:58 AM
It could work...with someone else producing it lol

I love her version of Too Shy to Say on Baby It's Me [[I think it was on Baby It's Me anyway, correct me if I'm wrong).

It was indeed on Baby It's Me. She also did a fine version of Blame it on the sun. A Stevie written and produced album would be great, but i think if it was going to happen it would have happened by now.
It was heartwarming to see Stevie out and about the other day. I hope he is soon back to full fitness.

jobeterob
11-29-2019, 01:54 AM
Those 2 songs were great

But for a splash, Nile Rodgers and Stevie wonder are not the men for a new album

Bluebrock
11-29-2019, 03:26 AM
I'd much rather her do a tribute album to the 70s Supremes. Once was a plenty with Barry Gibbs.
I think we can safely rule that option out!

Bluebrock
11-29-2019, 03:29 AM
No one has mentioned it, so I must be alone in my wish for Ross to record a Motown album -- songs by other Motown artists [[Marvin, Stevie, Smokey, Rick James, DeBarge, etc.)

I don't really want to hear her sing new, unfamiliar songs. I hope she does covers but it would be nice to have a unifying theme.
I think you must be alone in that wish! I don't think that would be a good idea at all. I cannot see what she could add to those classic tunes. Leave well enough alone.

Ollie9
11-29-2019, 05:43 AM
I think you must be alone in that wish! I don't think that would be a good idea at all. I cannot see what she could add to those classic tunes. Leave well enough alone.

I agree, new songs all the way.
It would be interesting to know why Diana has had this sudden change of heart after all these years. Recording aside, the fact that she will be touring overseas and playing huge arenas again is a massive commitment. A decision that has taken myself and i'm sure many a fan by complete surprise.
Does she consider it her last chance to make vast amounts of money or is it a combination of things??................Answers on a postcard lol.

rovereab
11-29-2019, 06:06 AM
It would be interesting to know why Diana has had this sudden change of heart after all these years. Recording aside, the fact that she will be touring overseas and playing huge arenas again is a massive commitment. A decision that has taken myself and i'm sure many a fan by complete surprise.
Does she consider it her last chance to make vast amounts of money or is it a combination of things??................Answers on a postcard lol.

Where her UK tour is concerned, I'd like to think that Diana is "repaying" the respect her many fans here given her here and her enduring popularity which has never waned. I am really excited to be seeing her in concert in 2020 and to know that a new album with world class producers is on the way.

Ollie9
11-29-2019, 09:48 AM
Where her UK tour is concerned, I'd like to think that Diana is "repaying" the respect her many fans here given her here and her enduring popularity which has never waned. I am really excited to be seeing her in concert in 2020 and to know that a new album with world class producers is on the way.

I think it fair to say that as regards the tour and album we are all as excited as can be. As nice a thought as it is, i seriously doubt the sole motivation for a UK tour was an inner need to pay her respects to the UK.
I'm not suggesting for a moment that the motivation is purely pecuniary, but there may possibly be reasons that have not yet been revealed for this sudden change of heart..

Bluebrock
11-29-2019, 12:49 PM
I think it fair to say that as regards the tour and album we are all as excited as can be. As nice a thought as it is, i seriously doubt the sole motivation for a UK tour was an inner need to pay her respects to the UK.
I'm not suggesting for a moment that the motivation is purely pecuniary, but there may possibly be reasons that have not yet been revealed for this sudden change of heart..
It is not as sudden as you might imagine. It almost happened around 3 years ago. Obviously the financial aspect is most appealing, but she has been stalling on agreeing a new recording contract for the past few years. The main problem was that the record companies wanted her to commit to a world tour to promote the album. She was happy to tour the UK, but did not want to do a world tour. An agreement was finally reached where the world tour was taken off the menu. Once this was agreed she was happy to sign.
It is a shame for her fans in other countries, but i totally understand and support her reasons.
She is also doing numerous dates in the States next year. That is enough for a lady approaching 76. If the UK tour goes well she will do further dates here in 2021.
She is aware of her undiminished popularity in the UK where she was supported when the USA stopped buying her music. It is not exactly payback time, but she is attempting to acknowledge her fans in the UK who have been more than patient in their wait for her to return to these shores.

Ollie9
11-29-2019, 01:08 PM
It is not as sudden as you might imagine. It almost happened around 3 years ago. Obviously the financial aspect is most appealing, but she has been stalling on agreeing a new recording contract for the past few years. The main problem was that the record companies wanted her to commit to a world tour to promote the album. She was happy to tour the UK, but did not want to do a world tour. An agreement was finally reached where the world tour was taken off the menu. Once this was agreed she was happy to sign.
It is a shame for her fans in other countries, but i totally understand and support her reasons.
She is also doing numerous dates in the States next year. That is enough for a lady approaching 76. If the UK tour goes well she will do further dates here in 2021.
She is aware of her undiminished popularity in the UK where she was supported when the USA stopped buying her music. It is not exactly payback time, but she is attempting to acknowledge her fans in the UK who have been more than patient in their wait for her to return to these shores.

Many thanks for the info Bluebrock. Have you any idea at this stage which record company she has signed with?. Apologies if i have asked before.

Bluebrock
11-29-2019, 05:29 PM
Many thanks for the info Bluebrock. Have you any idea at this stage which record company she has signed with?. Apologies if i have asked before.

I have been told unofficially, but until i have it from an official source i would rather not say.
I am told all will be revealed shortly.

PeaceNHarmony
11-29-2019, 09:13 PM
I think you must be alone in that wish! I don't think that would be a good idea at all. I cannot see what she could add to those classic tunes. Leave well enough alone.I agree. That would ... suck, to put it elegantly. Probs along the lines of what Clive Davis wanted.

Guy
11-30-2019, 08:40 AM

I know the idea of her needing or wanting money is unpopular, and perhaps even hurtful to some Ross fans, but yes, she is doing it for the money.

Ross just wants to be a grandmother now, it is not her heart's desire to travel the globe performing. But she has no streams of income as significant as touring revenue. Her only wish is to secure the future of her whole family [[immediate and extended). So she's hitting the road to make money while she still can.

I am sure she loves her UK fans but she's not taking herself all the way there strictly out of love. That shouldn't lessen the thrill for fans. Be happy you will get to see her while she still looks remarkably like Diana Ross.

jobucats
11-30-2019, 10:23 AM
Speaking of Nile Rodgers, I recall when this was released in 1985, it would have been an excellent track for Diana [[in my opinion). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSCN4WZYU9Y

Bluebrock
11-30-2019, 02:32 PM
I know the idea of her needing or wanting money is unpopular, and perhaps even hurtful to some Ross fans, but yes, she is doing it for the money.

Ross just wants to be a grandmother now, it is not her heart's desire to travel the globe performing. But she has no streams of income as significant as touring revenue. Her only wish is to secure the future of her whole family [[immediate and extended). So she's hitting the road to make money while she still can.

I am sure she loves her UK fans but she's not taking herself all the way there strictly out of love. That shouldn't lessen the thrill for fans. Be happy you will get to see her while she still looks remarkably like Diana Ross.

She sure as hell doesn't need the money, but who is going to turn down crazy money for a few weeks work?

florence
11-30-2019, 02:38 PM

Hasn't Bluebrock said that it wasn't Diana's wish to do the major concert venues but would have preferred smaller, more intimate ones?

Don't forget too that Evan and Ross are the sons of Arne Naess.

Guy
11-30-2019, 06:08 PM
She sure as hell doesn't need the money, but who is going to turn down crazy money for a few weeks work?

Bluebrock, Ross "needs" money to execute her legacy planning. She doesn't "need" money in the way that you mean. I know someone -- who knows her -- and they are familiar with her wish to provide for her extended family. The Naess boys are not her only concern.

Yes indeed, most would NOT turn down 'crazy' money. But it is no insult to state or suggest that she has planned an ambitious UK tour for financial reasons.

lakedistrictlad1
11-30-2019, 07:12 PM
[[Islands in the steam) It was originally planned as a duet between Diana and Barry, but of course Diana rejected it along with several other tunes that ended up on Kenny Rodgers's Barry Gibb produced album.

I will never understand why Diana turned this down. What was she thinking? You'd think after all her years in the business she would have an ear for a hit. I can't speak for the U.S market, but this would have been top 3 or even a number 1 in the U.K. What a wasted opportunity.

khansperac
11-30-2019, 07:27 PM
IMO she made the right choice. A duet with her and Barry would have been terrible. Besides this would have come right after Endless Love- the biggest duet of all time. It would not have measured up .

Bluebrock
11-30-2019, 07:36 PM
Bluebrock, Ross "needs" money to execute her legacy planning. She doesn't "need" money in the way that you mean. I know someone -- who knows her -- and they are familiar with her wish to provide for her extended family. The Naess boys are not her only concern.

Yes indeed, most would NOT turn down 'crazy' money. But it is no insult to state or suggest that she has planned an ambitious UK tour for financial reasons.

The Naess boys as you put it are very very well provided for. Their father made sure if this long before he passed away.
The Ross girls are also well provided for. They don't just rely on Diana for their inheritence.
Of course her main objective is the financial aspect. There is no shame in admitting that,but she is looking forward to spending much of next summer in the UK.

Bluebrock
11-30-2019, 07:40 PM
Hasn't Bluebrock said that it wasn't Diana's wish to do the major concert venues but would have preferred smaller, more intimate ones?

Don't forget too that Evan and Ross are the sons of Arne Naess.

Diana prefer's smaller intimate venues these days, but it was the promoters decision to book the larger venues. They hold all the power and it is they who take on all the risks involved with mega star tours.

Circa 1824
11-30-2019, 09:16 PM
The richest people in the world still go to work. It is the poor ones who prefer to sit all day and do nothing.

detmotownguy
11-30-2019, 10:18 PM
The richest people in the world still go to work. It is the poor ones who prefer to sit all day and do nothing.
Yes esp the the poor ones who are disabled and really want to work. You are insulting.

thanxal
11-30-2019, 10:26 PM
What classist claptrap.

jobeterob
12-01-2019, 02:05 AM
That was a little harsh Circa; not sure you meant it totally; in Canada, even we have an understanding of what white man privilege means and it’s a much more gentle and mellow country than exists down south

Ollie9
12-01-2019, 07:37 AM
IMO she made the right choice. A duet with her and Barry would have been terrible. Besides this would have come right after Endless Love- the biggest duet of all time. It would not have measured up .

I agree khansperac. I think Diana made the right decision not to record IITS, at least with Barry.
I really don't think the song would have suited her voice at all and the thought of it being a D & B duet sends me running for the hills.. I also believe she made the right decision to veto any thoughts of duets for the EA album.
The song "Eaten Alive" provides a glimpse of what might have been had their voices been paired for a duet...................Yikes.

grangertim
12-08-2019, 06:17 PM
I have been told unofficially, but until i have it from an official source i would rather not say.
I am told all will be revealed shortly.

Is she signed with EMI internationally?

Levi Stubbs Tears
12-08-2019, 07:07 PM
I will never understand why Diana turned this down. What was she thinking? You'd think after all her years in the business she would have an ear for a hit.

I think Diana in the early 80s proved quite the opposite. All those poor choices on her RCA albums, let alone her worries about the Chic-produced 'diana' which became her biggest success of all-time. Of course, she wasn't alone with the other powers-that-be at Motown also doubting that album.

If only Motown had a proper promotional effort for 'diana' - video clips, an actual choice of single released before the album came out and some other marketing, it could have been even more of a massive hit all around the world.