PDA

View Full Version : Yous kids ready for OSCAR????

test

selbmarsh2000
02-27-2011, 05:11 PM

I know Natalie is the favorite for Best Actress, but I hope Annette wins.

Roberta75
02-27-2011, 06:28 PM

I know Natalie is the favorite for Best Actress, but I hope Annette wins.

I refuse to watch any show that worships and idolizes false prophets and by that I mean the sinners that act in Hollywood movies. The 2nd commandment clearly states that this is a sin.

"You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments"

ralpht
02-27-2011, 06:32 PM
That's a little heavy, Roberta. Its only movies. But if this offends you, by all means, don't watch. By the way, Selbmarsh, my Jesse is pulling for "The King's Speech" big time.

selbmarsh2000
02-27-2011, 06:32 PM
I refuse to watch any show that worships and idolizes false prophets and by that I mean the sinners that act in Hollywood movies. The 2nd commandment clearly states that this is a sin.

"You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments"

So I take it you're watching "Cops"?

Roberta75
02-27-2011, 06:36 PM
So I take it you're watching "Cops"?

I am watching the Trinity Broadcasting Network selbmarsh2000.

Roberta75
02-27-2011, 06:40 PM
That's a little heavy, Roberta. Its only movies. But if this offends you, by all means, don't watch. By the way, Selbmarsh, my Jesse is pulling for "The King's Speech" big time.

Movies have vile language, sin, nudity and violence. The Lord above is watching Hollywood and there will be retribution for the filth they churn out.

The good book of Jude says something that speaks directly to Hollywood "Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire"

selbmarsh2000
02-27-2011, 06:59 PM
I am watching the Trinity Broadcasting Network selbmarsh2000.

Selbmarsh,
I've edited your last post. A little over the top. You're entitlted to your opinions but please keep it civil.

Roberta75
02-27-2011, 07:09 PM
I am neither dumb nor am I an ass. I do send a little money every month to keep Trinity Broadcasting on the air here in the USA and throughout the world. God rewards me tenfold for my humble donation.

God loves all people including lesbians so therefore he loves the late Marjorie Main.

Roberta,
I took the liberty of doing a little editing to remove offensive language . Once again, your opinions are welcome here but please realize you may not offend any of your fellow posters.

ralpht
02-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Roberta,
I'm curious to know why you are on this forum. Surely you must realize that the music business rivals the movie biz for much that you would interperate as sin.

Roberta75
02-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Roberta,
I'm curious to know why you are on this forum. Surely you must realize that the music business rivals the movie biz for much that you would interperate as sin.

Music brings me pleasure ralpht and Motown music is in my blood, bones and soul. I don't find Motown, Soul or Gospel music sinful. I find them uplifting and good for my spirit and well being. Rap music and music with cuss words offend me and are sinful but nothing displeases the Lord like the filth and violence that Hollywood churns out.

Roberta75
02-27-2011, 08:00 PM
I am neither dumb nor am I an ass. I do send a little money every month to keep Trinity Broadcasting on the air here in the USA and throughout the world. God rewards me tenfold for my humble donation.

God loves all people including lesbians so therefore he loves the late Marjorie Main.

Roberta,
I took the liberty of doing a little editing to remove offensive language . Once again, your opinions are welcome here but please realize you may not offend any of your fellow posters.

Thank you and God bless you.

ralpht
02-27-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm with you on Rap, Roberta. What I hear at times grinds my sense of decency. But still, you must know that we weren't a bunch of saints at Motown. You may not have approved of some of the behind the scenes situations.

selbmarsh2000
02-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Roberta,

I think she's nuts.

ralpht
02-27-2011, 08:57 PM
The problem I'm having, Selbmarsh is, Roberta posts something you don't agree with and you insult her, while she has done nothing to retaliate but state her case. You must admit that you need to respect that, even though you may not agree with her faith.

Kamasu_Jr
02-27-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm partially watching. I never miss the Amazing Race and the Wire reruns on DIRECTTV 101, no matter what is on. Those shows are on opposite the Oscars. I didn't see many movies last year. However Black Swan, the King's Speech and the Social Network interested me and I had some of them streamed in.

ralpht
02-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Kam,
Jesse and I watched The Social Network last night. It didn't knock me out. Could be aimed at a younger audience and my age is showing.

pshark
02-27-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm just waiting for some controversy

Roberta75
02-28-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm with you on Rap, Roberta. What I hear at times grinds my sense of decency. But still, you must know that we weren't a bunch of saints at Motown. You may not have approved of some of the behind the scenes situations.

It saddens me when I hear Rap or cussing in songs ralpht. You may not have been a bunch of saints but the wonderful music that was made at Motown was never crass, offensive to women or filled with cuss words. The sound of Motown fills my heart with joy.

Roberta75
02-28-2011, 01:40 AM
I think she's nuts.

While you are welcome to form your own opinion and speak freely selbmarsh200, I am not in any way nuts.

marv2
02-28-2011, 09:23 AM

Yes? And?, hehehehehehehe...................!

smark21
02-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Back to the Oscars--it was a dull show even by Oscar standards. No surprise upset winners. The hosts had no chemistry together and bad material to work with. James Franco looked like he wanted to be anywhere but at the Awards as he checked out very early in the broadcast. Anne Hathaway tried her best to be an engaging host.

selbmarsh2000
02-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Sorry about that Roberta. I was hitting the sauce last night.

ralpht
02-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Roberta,
You make a valid point. At least the music we made [[and are still making) had substance and not laced with obsenities. So maybe we weren't angels behind the scenes, but we did have our standards, and they were [[are) a hell of a lot higher than I'm hearing these days.

Marv,

What............

marv2
02-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Roberta,
You make a valid point. At least the music we made [[and are still making) had substance and not laced with obsenities. So maybe we weren't angels behind the scenes, but we did have our standards, and they were [[are) a hell of a lot higher than I'm hearing these days.

Marv,

What............

When you mentioned behind the scenes situations, I thought you were going to tell us something, LOL!

ralpht
02-28-2011, 12:21 PM
I gathered that, Marv. My "What" was just being coy....Besides, I was a model of decorum in those days..............well......sort of....well................maybe..............I could have been, I suppose.......................

Roberta75
02-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Sorry about that Roberta. I was hitting the sauce last night.

No problem selbmarsh2000.

Thank you.

marv2
02-28-2011, 02:50 PM
I gathered that, Marv. My "What" was just being coy....Besides, I was a model of decorum in those days..............well......sort of....well................maybe..............I could have been, I suppose.......................

I am sure Mr. Terrana! That you were an upstanding, good American Citizen. Me Too! Scouts honor and all that jazz! LOL!!!

ralpht
02-28-2011, 03:08 PM
I'll pretend I'm buying that, Marv old pal.

tamla617
02-28-2011, 03:16 PM
i was hoping to read about the oscars,unless that charlton heston film counts,i'm not sure its a bit old

Roberta75
02-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Roberta,You make a valid point. At least the music we made [[and are still making) had substance and not laced with obsenities. So maybe we weren't angels behind the scenes, but we did have our standards, and they were [[are) a hell of a lot higher than I'm hearing these days.

Yes sir, you speak the truth.