PDA

View Full Version : Martha Reeves Fan Club history

test

woodward
06-09-2019, 01:03 PM
I know in the early days of Motown, Martha Reeves had a fan club like other leading artists. In the booklet that came with Live Wire: The Singles 1962-1972 which came out in 1993 there was a reference made to the Martha Reeves Fan Club, P. O. Box 1987, Paramont, CA 90723-1987. If you recall Paramont, CA is where the wildfires were earlier this year and the entire town was wiped out.

What does anyone else know about Martha's Fan Clubs? Were there any others? Does anyone have anything they received from Paramont when it was in operation?

Thanks. It seems as though she should have one today.

marv2
06-09-2019, 02:01 PM
I know in the early days of Motown, Martha Reeves had a fan club like other leading artists. In the booklet that came with Live Wire: The Singles 1962-1972 which came out in 1993 there was a reference made to the Martha Reeves Fan Club, P. O. Box 1987, Paramont, CA 90723-1987. If you recall Paramont, CA is where the wildfires were earlier this year and the entire town was wiped out.

What does anyone else know about Martha's Fan Clubs? Were there any others? Does anyone have anything they received from Paramont when it was in operation?

Thanks. It seems as though she should have one today.

Woodward, the town that burned to the ground was called "Paradise, CA"

luke
06-10-2019, 06:04 PM
I used to get a great fan club girl group newsletter from California that gave info on Martha, Gladys Horton, Mary Wilson and other members of girl groups. By a guy named Spooky or something like that.

luke
06-10-2019, 11:27 PM
Woman from NY also put out SMV fan club newsletter...Supremes, Marvelettes, Vandellas I think it was called

nativeNY63
06-12-2019, 05:08 PM
Read somewhere that MRAV just dropped an new album today, "Sunflower." Anyone got the link and/or details?

marv2
06-12-2019, 05:30 PM
Woman from NY also put out SMV fan club newsletter...Supremes, Marvelettes, Vandellas I think it was called

That woman you are referring to is our very own Franjoy! Brooklyn in da house! LOL!