PDA

View Full Version : Kiki dee gold

test

mysterysinger
06-02-2019, 08:47 AM
This 2 CD set is fantastic value for only £5 on Amazon and comes with auto rip to boot. It includes some of her Motown work too.

01 Put a Little Love in Your Heart
02 I Second That Emotion
03 You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
04 Walk on By
05 Don't Put Your Heart in His Hand
06 Miracles
07 [[You Don't Know) How Glad I Am
08 Runnin' out of Fools
09 Why Don't I Run Away from You
10 I
11 I'm Going Out [[The Same Way I Came In)
12 Can't Take My Eyes off You
13 Now the Flowers Cry
14 The Day Will Come Between Sunday & Monday
15 Early Night
16 Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Elton John & Kiki Dee
17 I've Got the Music in Me
18 Amoureuse
19 Lonnie & Josie
20 Loving & Free
21 Song for Adam
22 You Put Something Better Inside of Me
23 Sugar on the Floor
24 Step by Step
25 How Glad I Am
26 Hard Luck Story
27 Someone to Me
28 Once a Fool
29 A Change Is Gonna Come
30 Snow Queen - Elton John & Kiki Dee
31 First Thing in the Morning
32 Star
33 Chicago
34 Night Hours
35 How Much Fun
36 Stay with Me
37 One Jump Ahead of the Storm
38 Loving You is Sweeter Than Ever - by Elton John & Kiki Dee
39 Perfect Timing
40 Midnight Flyer
41 I Fall in Love Too Easily
42 Stay Close to You
43 Angel Eyes
44 Another Day Comes [[Another Day Goes)
45 True Love - Elton John & Kiki Dee

PeaceNHarmony
06-02-2019, 06:13 PM
I've always wondered about Dee; thanks for this notification. It's a tempter!

Bluebrock
06-03-2019, 02:12 AM
This 2 CD set is fantastic value for only £5 on Amazon and comes with auto rip to boot. It includes some of her Motown work too.

01 Put a Little Love in Your Heart
02 I Second That Emotion
03 You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
04 Walk on By
05 Don't Put Your Heart in His Hand
06 Miracles
07 [[You Don't Know) How Glad I Am
08 Runnin' out of Fools
09 Why Don't I Run Away from You
10 I
11 I'm Going Out [[The Same Way I Came In)
12 Can't Take My Eyes off You
13 Now the Flowers Cry
14 The Day Will Come Between Sunday & Monday
15 Early Night
16 Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Elton John & Kiki Dee
17 I've Got the Music in Me
18 Amoureuse
19 Lonnie & Josie
20 Loving & Free
21 Song for Adam
22 You Put Something Better Inside of Me
23 Sugar on the Floor
24 Step by Step
25 How Glad I Am
26 Hard Luck Story
27 Someone to Me
28 Once a Fool
29 A Change Is Gonna Come
30 Snow Queen - Elton John & Kiki Dee
31 First Thing in the Morning
32 Star
33 Chicago
34 Night Hours
35 How Much Fun
36 Stay with Me
37 One Jump Ahead of the Storm
38 Loving You is Sweeter Than Ever - by Elton John & Kiki Dee
39 Perfect Timing
40 Midnight Flyer
41 I Fall in Love Too Easily
42 Stay Close to You
43 Angel Eyes
44 Another Day Comes [[Another Day Goes)
45 True Love - Elton John & Kiki Dee

It's actually a 3 cd set. I bought it last week, and is pretty good. She had a number of hits in the UK. My absolute favorite is the beautiful Amoreuse which still sends shivers down my spine 44 years or so after i first heard it.

mysterysinger
06-03-2019, 02:39 AM
"Loving and Free" is another favourite for me. Of her Motown work I would have liked "More Today Than Yesterday", "Jimmy" or "Johnny Raven" to feature. I hate Kiki's version of "Walk On By".

Bluebrock
06-04-2019, 02:28 AM
"Loving and Free" is another favourite for me. Of her Motown work I would have liked "More Today Than Yesterday", "Jimmy" or "Johnny Raven" to feature. I hate Kiki's version of "Walk On By".
"Loving and free" is indeed a lovely tune. I am surprised they didn't use more of her Motown material. There was sufficient space on the discs to accommodate more songs, but maybe they could only license a handful of them?
I don't like "walk on by" either and wish they had chosen something else.

TomatoTom123
06-04-2019, 08:03 PM
I love Kiki Dee's Motown recordings, even "Walk On By", which I expected to dislike, but rather enjoyed having just listened to it. I recall when I first listened to the song I wasn't that keen on it.

I have several of Kiki's later albums which all seemed pretty good, but I'm not that familiar with all her stuff. "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" is one of my favourites though, always had a bit of Motown in it to me. :D And her version of "A Change Is Gonna Come" is pretty good too I recall!!

mysterysinger
06-05-2019, 12:38 PM
On the strength of this release her Motown recordings were tame - it's obvious she is a very good singer indeed. Of course Great Expectations has some good highlights but too before and after Motown there's some great songs here

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
06-05-2019, 03:22 PM
I think this thread is swaying my vote toward buying this!

mysterysinger
06-06-2019, 02:36 AM
It's a great buy and at a fiver it won't go breaking the bank. How glad I am I bought it.

Bluebrock
06-06-2019, 02:37 AM
I think this thread is swaying my vote toward buying this!
And that would be a very wise move on your part. What are you waiting for?!!!

thommg
06-06-2019, 02:04 PM
Just received my copy from Amazon US. They have it listed as 1 CD on the site but it is, in fact, 3 CD's. Can't wait to transfer it to my mp3 player. I have very few recordings of hers so this is a welcome addition to my collection.

paul_nixon
06-06-2019, 02:09 PM
Just received my copy from Amazon US. They have it listed as 1 CD on the site but it is, in fact, 3 CD's. Can't wait to transfer it to my mp3 player. I have very few recordings of hers so this is a welcome addition to my collection.

So pleased that whoever put this together chose some tracks from the unreleased on Love Makes The World Go Round and I disagree [[well I would wouldn't I?) her Motown material showcases her amazing voice - it may not have been the strongest material for her but it's a great legacy - Kiki herself is very proud of it

Sotosound
06-06-2019, 04:46 PM
It's a great buy and at a fiver it won't go breaking the bank. How glad I am I bought it.
Lol. :)

Any CD that has “I’ve Got The Music In Me” on it has to be worth a punt. That track is a tour de force.

I first heard ”Amoureuse” as a teenager and it was an absorbing insight into a world that I was just starting to discover. It still affects me now. A guilty pleasure, perhaps?

mysterysinger
06-06-2019, 08:43 PM
IGTMIM is Kiki's song for sure [[though not my favourite song of hers). Thelma does a great job too on the Pressure Cooker album. There is a great range of material on this CD set. Personally I'm a fan of her Rocket material and I'm very pleased that Kiki's collaborations with Elton John were so successful. For some reason I was aware of her before the Motown days but I'm not sure why though it had to have something to do with TV exposure. I think she could have handled stronger material at Motown and would have welcomed a longer relationship. Overall I hopr this is an excellent seller for Crimson.