PDA

View Full Version : The Unifics - Remember What I Told You To Forget

test

MIKEW-UK
06-01-2019, 11:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRarZLkiO4

marv2
06-01-2019, 05:35 PM
I remember this song [[by Tavares in 1975, also by the Four Tops) and I most definitely remember The Unifics! I did not that they were still singing. They made some very good records. I still have a couple of their albums. Thank you MikeW-UK for sharing this.

marv2
06-01-2019, 05:38 PM
In 1969 they had probably the saddest record of all time with "The Beginning of My End".

PeaceNHarmony
06-02-2019, 06:57 AM
LOVE it! I always loved this song and for whatever reason never knew the name of the group ... And those suits, right?? A great presentation. Thanks for finding -

arr&bee
06-07-2019, 07:07 PM
The unifics-out of d.c. By way of[howard university]one of the great but underrated groups of the[60's]one of my neighbors was a close friend of the late great[al johnson].

marv2
06-07-2019, 08:08 PM
The unifics-out of d.c. By way of[howard university]one of the great but underrated groups of the[60's]one of my neighbors was a close friend of the late great[al johnson].

Oh man really? Al Johnson and the original group got a lot of radio airplay when I was coming up.

arr&bee
06-10-2019, 06:17 PM
They were second to none when it came to performing live too, when they performed[the beginning of my end]there wasn't a dry eye in the place...great,great group!!

marv2
06-10-2019, 06:48 PM
They were second to none when it came to performing live too, when they performed[the beginning of my end]there wasn't a dry eye in the place...great,great group!!

That was the hardest, saddest song to listen to when I was a kid. Even sadder than Clarence Carter's "Patches".

"Up drove the hearse Cadillac.... A crowd of people all dressed in black..." Whew!

arr&bee
06-10-2019, 06:58 PM
Marv,there was a part where they[carry the casket]in their steps that stops the house,and al sounds like he's about to break down..maybe the saddest song ever performed live.

marv2
06-10-2019, 08:41 PM
Marv,there was a part where they[carry the casket]in their steps that stops the house,and al sounds like he's about to break down..maybe the saddest song ever performed live.

I'm telling you. My brother Robert and I use to listen to that song and would be completely silent. When got the album Court of Love, we wore it out. They were a tremendously underrated group!

nativeNY63
06-16-2019, 10:39 AM
In 1969 they had probably the saddest record of all time with "The Beginning of My End".
"Up pulled the hearse Cadillac..."