PDA

View Full Version : The Mighty Three + Three

test

jboy88
02-26-2011, 03:31 AM
Like i'm sure alot of people here are, I'm a guy loves me some Philly Soul! And I'm aware that the majority of the Classics written by either Kenny Gamble & Leon Huff, Thom Bell & Linda Creed, Or Gene McFadden & John Whitehead. I wonder how often the 3 teams collaborated for songs. [[hits singles or mere album cuts or otherwise) I Know Gamble & Huff teamed with McFadden & Whitehead for I'll Always Love My Mama and Bell & Creed for "Free Girl" Leon Huff wrote the music for "Backstabber while Kenny Gamble Contributed lyrics for "Break Up To Make Up". I wonder if there's at least one song in the "Mighty Three" canon that bears all six names. Could you imagine that?

Kamasu_Jr
02-26-2011, 01:44 PM
On the subject of Gamble & Huff. I was wondering WHY there isn't a CD collection of the duo's early songwriting and producing work before Backstabbers? They had Gamble Records and produced hits for the Intruders and others. But most of the GAMBLE & HUFF CD tributes seem to begin in the Seventies with the hits they made at Philadelphia International Records. It would seem this would be a project for ACE/KENT to coincide or compliment its singer/producer series.

jboy88
02-27-2011, 02:36 PM
That would be a nice idea! I really like a lot of the early Gamble-Huff/Thom Bell recordings!