PDA

View Full Version : Diana ross on oprah now

test

glencro
02-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Diana Ross is gracing the stage of the OPRAH show. She opened up with "I'm Coming Out"

glencro
02-25-2011, 05:10 PM
her 5 children will be on too

nysister
02-25-2011, 09:25 PM
I really enjoyed Miss Ross and her beautiful children!

sophisticated_soul
02-25-2011, 11:03 PM
It was a wonderful show. Diana constantly surprises and inspires me. I guess that's why I've been her fan for 48 years!:cool:

topdiva1
02-25-2011, 11:22 PM
A brillant and relaxed Diana Ross - perhaps as she has never publicly been seen appeared on Oprah today. A wonderful tribute to a great Icon by another adoring fan - who just so happens to be a great icon herself.

Bravo Oprah and Diana for a great hour.

It was also interesting to hear what Diana's children shared with us all. How wonderful.

jobeterob
02-25-2011, 11:46 PM
Good show. Good voice.

What I liked best was the part the made me understand why the Ross kids are normal, successful and happy ~ Rhonda said it ~ Mom made us feel and understand we did not fall in her shadow. Which is also why Mom is so happy going to the market with no makeup. That was the best part.

skooldem1
02-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Here is a link to the full show [[for those that don't venture over to the Motown side of the forum)

Diana Ross on Oprah: Full Show [[video)

http://www.lovebscott.com/2011/02/25...ntire-episode/

GeeTee(HPK)
02-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Great show. I saw it last night,when they rebroadcast it.

carlo
02-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Skool, if you don't mind, I'm just reposting your link. It didn't work. This board messes up the links all the time by shortening them. Thanks for sharing.

http://www.lovebscott.com/2011/02/25/video-diana-ross-all-5-children-on-oprah-entire-episode/#more-70552

stephanie
02-26-2011, 03:10 PM
My favorite part of the show was the little film Diana and her children made for Oprah. Ross ..looks like a good looking version of Ice-T now. I must say Diana has done a heck of a job with her family and Im so glad they are around with the loss of her husband because I think she would be lonely if she didnt have them.

topdiva1
02-26-2011, 06:58 PM
^^^^^ Stephanie - how can you say that Ross looks like a good looking version Ice Tea - Has Ice T ever done drag!!!! LOL

stephanie
02-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Topdiva I meant Diana's SON Ross.....LOL

jobeterob
02-26-2011, 09:44 PM
That's funny you guys! Very funny, that little mix up.

I think Diana is a little bit of a caricature of herself now.........or perhaps a caricature of the black female entertainer or the female diva. She looks great but it's pretty over the top and a little bit old fashioned now. But it is a look and a style which she created, she defined and everyone still strives to reach.

Penny
02-27-2011, 12:26 AM
I looked for Tony Tuner and TopDiva but didn't see either fat ass there.

jobeterob
02-27-2011, 03:37 AM
Do you know them?

I was looking for Andy; luckily we are assured he is not Top Diva.

tsull1
02-27-2011, 04:57 AM
I enjoyed the show, just watched all of it -- thanks for editing out the commericals. I'm a big Diana Ross fan, so I thought it was great. People enjoy taking shots at her, so be it, I guess. I love her music, with The Supremes and as a solo artist. I also think Oprah is a businesswoman genius and a great interviewer, so really it was an excellent show. I liked the nice touch of bringing her kids onto the show, it appears Diana has done an excellent job in raising them.

I liked what Oprah said about Diana's cultural influence of being one of the first black woman entertainers on TV. Being a white guy, it's pretty easy for me to forget about stuff like that as when I was growing up everyone on TV looked like me. So I particularly enjoyed Oprah touching on the cultural significance of Diana Ross' impact on young black women.

Thanks for the link, excellent show, glad Diana Ross answered the questions, sang, and had a good time. Very entertaining.

topdiva1
02-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Do you know them?

I was looking for Andy; luckily we are assured he is not Top Diva.

BUT - who is JONC now is it Penny and is Roberta75 Iconicpuff - only you have this answers/ LOL

NOw RUN TELL THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!