PDA

View Full Version : Essential fifth dimension

test

Kamasu_Jr
02-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Sony will release The Essential Fifth Dimension in March. It's the latest disc release from the vocal quintet in 7 years. Essential will feature 36 tracks although all have been previously released. I guess there's nothing else previously unreleased in the Sony vaults.

theboyfromxtown
02-25-2011, 04:37 PM
I was never a fan of the 5th Dimension - I was never that keen on their huge hit. However, Midnight Johnny raves about them and his enthusiasm prompted me to get a compilation which I ended up playing non-stop for ages.

So I will be interested in this release....but I'll be taking MJ's advice again!

Kamasu_Jr
02-25-2011, 10:27 PM
I was never a fan of the 5th Dimension - I was never that keen on their huge hit. However, Midnight Johnny raves about them and his enthusiasm prompted me to get a compilation which I ended up playing non-stop for ages.

So I will be interested in this release....but I'll be taking MJ's advice again!

JOHN, Which compilation did you purchase? I wish this new compilation held a few surprises like previously unreleased songs or alternate takes, but I don't think there's much left that we have not heard.

theboyfromxtown
02-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Up Up And Away-The Definitive Collection..it's a 2 cd set. I really love it.

rta5225
02-28-2011, 10:06 PM
I've always LOVED the 5th Dimension. They and the Rascals are my favorite groups. Anyway, I wish this compilation had some stuff that was in the can that has been unreleased. I love hearing that stuff. All of it has been so interesting.

destruction
03-02-2011, 11:19 PM
http://mysite.verizon.net/svogl/01/rtownson.jpg