PDA

View Full Version : The jones girls

test

glencro
05-12-2019, 11:40 AM
It's so hard to find footage of these lovely ladies online but glad that I ran across this one. I really wish Unsung would feature them even though only Shirley is the only one left to tell her story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlUMV0KMAR8

glencro
05-12-2019, 11:41 AM
Another clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9KQb8AzSp8

marv2
05-12-2019, 08:32 PM
I know what you mean. The first time I saw them on TV was on a show called "Dance Fever" in 1979. They performed "You Gonna Make Love Somebody Else". They looked so, so good. I fell in love with them LOL! I have looked for that footage probably every since with no luck
!

TomatoTom123
05-12-2019, 09:08 PM
It's so hard to find footage of these lovely ladies online but glad that I ran across this one. I really wish Unsung would feature them even though only Shirley is the only one left to tell her story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlUMV0KMAR8

OMG this is one of my favourites, I had no idea they ever performed it on TV! It was great [[although a bit short)! I don't know much about The Girls but have several of their albums and really like them. :)

daviddesper
05-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Second video was a lot more fun. Always loved that song. These girls had incredible harmony. So sad that two of them left us so soon.

Bluebrock
05-13-2019, 02:35 AM
They were so talented. It is criminal that they never achieved any great period of success. Such beautiful harmonies that only siblings can achieve. I know Shirley is still active and keeps the memory of her late sisters alive.

jaybs
05-13-2019, 06:34 AM
Agree their harmonies were unbelievable! only listening to their tracks in the car, lovely sunny morning, window down and music like they produced were just Tops! agree I feel they never did get the complete Respect they deserved.

mr_june
05-13-2019, 01:31 PM
A big thanks for posting the videos and for bringing up The Jones Girls. Big fan here also and I also shake my head when thinking that the group is down to one. They are truly Unsung but they have their life long fans also.

glencro
05-13-2019, 03:31 PM
Agree their harmonies were unbelievable! only listening to their tracks in the car, lovely sunny morning, window down and music like they produced were just Tops! agree I feel they never did get the complete Respect they deserved.

Now that's what I was doing this weekend minus the top down. I have a sun roof but Detroit's weather has been so bipolar lately that I was riding with the heat on but their harmonies surrounded the inside of my car and all I could do is shake my head. Such angelic voices.

glencro
05-13-2019, 03:32 PM
I know what you mean. The first time I saw them on TV was on a show called "Dance Fever" in 1979. They performed "You Gonna Make Love Somebody Else". They looked so, so good. I fell in love with them LOL! I have looked for that footage probably every since with no luck
!

Man, I remember that performance on DANCE FEVER. Wish that I could find something online with live vocals.

marv2
05-13-2019, 09:01 PM
Man, I remember that performance on DANCE FEVER. Wish that I could find something online with live vocals.

Weren't they hot?! Dressed to the nines and singing and moving like angels. Whew......!

glencro
05-19-2019, 03:41 PM
Weren't they hot?! Dressed to the nines and singing and moving like angels. Whew......!

Yes, they definitely were.

detmotownguy
05-19-2019, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=glencro;516741]Yes, they definitely were.[/QUOTE
I saw them backing up DR at Ford Auditorium in the mid-70s. I remember the stage was stacked with vertical squares and the Jones girls were the prominent focus. They sounded absolutely fantastic, it’s such a shame there is only one left.

marv2
05-19-2019, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=glencro;516741]Yes, they definitely were.[/QUOTE
I saw them backing up DR at Ford Auditorium in the mid-70s. I remember the stage was stacked with vertical squares and the Jones girls were the prominent focus. They sounded absolutely fantastic, it’s such a shame there is only one left.

One of the sisters was hit and killed by a car a few years ago.

detmotownguy
05-19-2019, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=detmotownguy;516746]

One of the sisters was hit and killed by a car a few years ago.

Sorry to hear... how tragic. We just never know when we will be taken. I can’t imagine how Shirley must have felt.