PDA

View Full Version : L. A. [[My Town)

test

rovereab
02-25-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm just listening to this Four Tops song and thinking how good it is. I especially like the section from track time 2:25 onwards - so rich in sound and harmony.

Anybody else love this song?

Eamonn

MotownSteve
02-25-2011, 04:41 PM
If you are talking about the Four Tops, YES!!! Another one of their many hidden gems.

jobeterob
02-25-2011, 07:17 PM
This was the Four Tops album I played the most and I still remember the cuts around LA [[My Town) on my 8 track...............I Wish I Were Your Mirror and Everybody's Talking. But the best songs were It's All in the Game and Still Water [[PEACE). I still quote Peace to people from time to time; I think I did once on here on a fighting thread, likely Supremes of course:

P is for the privilege of loving and being loved
E is the ease it gives to the soul and the mind
A is for the answers in your search to find yourself
C is the calm you feel if you like what you find
E is everlasting

Your love has brought me PEACE, so I want you to know........

theboyfromxtown
02-25-2011, 08:50 PM
SDF's resident lawyer shows his philosophical side...and not even on a Supremes thread!

"Things are changing for the better, things are changing.."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeB6_g2KQNE

HAHAHA

tomato tom
02-26-2011, 02:22 PM
I LOVE IT TOO. But thought its strange the would sing about L.A., when they loved Detroit so much. Must be a Frank Wilson thing. XXX

danman869
03-01-2011, 11:38 AM
The song was written by Sherlie Matthews, who I believe was born and raised [[or at least raised) in Los Angeles. She was writing a valentine to "her town." The Tops just sang a good song with lyrics that just happened to say, "Ellll-aaaaaay, my towwwwwwn.... I love you...!" :-)

robbert
03-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Their harmonies were darn good in that song. I Love the album StillWatersRunDeep [[was it?).
And yes, it was a Frank Wilson thing, productionwise.

jobeterob
03-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Philosophical side? Well, I'm not your typical lawyer! And it was a good set of songs, Still Waters, and in particular, a very good song.........the P E A C E.