PDA

View Full Version : Diana SUPREMELY VIOLATED BY TSA IN NEW ORLEANS

test

milven
05-05-2019, 10:15 AM
Diana Ross Gets Supremely Bad Treatment from TSA in New Orleans: “Was over the top! Makes me wanna cry! I am feeling violated- I still feel her hands between my legs!”

https://i1.wp.com/www.showbiz411.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/diana-ross.jpg?resize=700%2C352&ssl=1

by Roger Friedman

Diana Ross says she was “treated like shit” by the TSA in New Orleans this morning. On Twitter, she posted news that she’d been treated like royalty at the New Orleans jazz fest only to be “treated like shit” at the airport.

“OK so, on one hand, I’m treated like royalty in New Orleans and at the airport I was treated like shit…Let me be clear, Not the people or Delta BUT TSA , was over the top !! Makes me want to cry !!!….Its not what was done but how , I am feeling violated – I still feel her hands between my legs, front and back [[ saying to me it's her job ,) WOW!!really mixed emotions I always like to see the good things but not feeling good right now”

She is not complaining about the people or Delta. She says that it was the TSA that was over the top. She said that it made her want to cry.

Diana said that at that on one hand, she was treated like royalty at New Orleans, and at the airport, she was treated like shit.

This is NOT a diva complaining. A lot of people can identify exactly with what happened here.

But in today's world, I guess much of it is necessary.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/05/05/diana-ross-gets-supremely-bad-treatment-from-tsa-in-new-orleans-was-over-the-top-makes-me-wanna-cry-i-still-feel-her-hands-between-my-legs

midnightman
05-05-2019, 11:00 AM
The TSA harasses everyone, I hear. Not even kids are spared.

marv2
05-05-2019, 11:24 AM
Same thing as 20 years ago at Heathrow. It may be "Diana Ross" and not TSA with the problem! Whatever happened with the guy that poked her in her private area?

Bluebrock
05-05-2019, 12:23 PM
Same thing as 20 years ago at Heathrow. It may be "Diana Ross" and not TSA with the problem! Whatever happened with the guy that poked her in her private area?

Why don't you tell us? You appear to obsess more about it than anyone else. Such think how dull and boring your life would be if you did not have Diana Ross to obsess about?

detmotownguy
05-05-2019, 12:24 PM
I am sure her legal team can file a complaint to subpoena the tapes from the time she entered the airport and take it from there. Some TSA are nice, while some are not. But I have learned not to say much and be compliant because they have the power. I saw one agent mishandle a box containing vials of a drug valued at $10,000. They could have cared less. Even the local police were powerless.

blackguy69
05-05-2019, 12:36 PM
Before this turns into a bitchfest [[pardon my language) and I see the usual suspects ready for battle, knock this crap off , act like adults, ignore the comment and move on.

daviddh
05-05-2019, 12:45 PM
sad this happened to her,yet again again

Roberta75
05-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Sc*ew TSA. She got another another great review.

https://www.nola.com/jazzfest/2019/05/diana-ross-wears-9-outfits-for-a-sparkling-new-orleans-jazz-fest-debut.html

sup_fan
05-05-2019, 01:12 PM
Someone on her staff mustn’t have forgot to renew her TSA PreCheck status lol

Roberta75
05-05-2019, 01:13 PM

Yep.....I watched them snatch a bottle of pefrume from a 80 plus year old lady and they spoke to her like a dog and made the lady cry. NOT cool.

Boogiedown
05-05-2019, 01:28 PM
:rolleyes: when the crowd is clamoring for an encore I doubt they mean still more of I WILL SURVIVE , lol!

jobeterob
05-05-2019, 02:03 PM
I read she had the biggest crowd ever in New Orleans

Some agent probably thought it would be great to examine a celebrity

Canada does this better than the USA - we don’t do that kind of thing here unless there’s cause - rarely done

marv2
05-05-2019, 02:44 PM
Someone on her staff mustn’t have forgot to renew her TSA PreCheck status lol

Sup_fan! LOL!!!!!!!

PeaceNHarmony
05-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Really disgusting behavior on the part of the TSA. I hope the agent's name is reported. Seriously. Is Diana Ross going to be a flight risk? Absurd. A waste of taxpayer dollars. An insult to Black women. And a chance for a real risk to sneak through while some a-hole is insulting an American treasure.

PeaceNHarmony
05-05-2019, 05:46 PM
Someone on her staff mustn’t have forgot to renew her TSA PreCheck status lolI feel sorry for you if you really think this is funny. I suggest you change your screen name as you are quite obviously not a Supremes fan if you post a statement like this.

PeaceNHarmony
05-05-2019, 05:50 PM
Sc*ew TSA. She got another another great review.

https://www.nola.com/jazzfest/2019/05/diana-ross-wears-9-outfits-for-a-sparkling-new-orleans-jazz-fest-debut.htmlThanks for finding this wonderful review, Ms. Roberta! Our Miss Ross is an American Treasure and she has entered the pantheon of beloved megastars like Ella Fitzgerald when she was of a similar age. Best to you!

Boogiedown
05-05-2019, 05:58 PM
Really disgusting behavior on the part of the TSA. I hope the agent's name is reported. Seriously. Is Diana Ross going to be a flight risk? Absurd. A waste of taxpayer dollars. An insult to Black women. And a chance for a real risk to sneak through while some a-hole is insulting an American treasure.

Hate to say it, but a lot of the people working jobs like this , [[and in so many others in this country), have no American history or culture from which to reference their mindset. They wouldn't comprehend or appreciate or care that this is an " American treasure" standing before them . Welcome to the new world order. Let the floodgates flow.

PeaceNHarmony
05-05-2019, 06:50 PM
I fully understand that the purpose of Soulful Detroit is to celebrate soul music and not necessarily be a philosophical, activist, or political soundboard. But the fact is that people created soul music. Human beings, who remain human beings regardless of their degree of failure or success, and regardless of whether an individual poster likes, hates, or loves them. Add to this the fact [[and it IS a fact) that soul music performers are mostly Black Americans, a population group that has historically been, at best, discounted, and at worst ... well, I should not have to explain. And, let's say that 50% of our soul stars are women, another population group that has not really yet lived with a level playing field. These facts create a zeitgeist in which members of a community celebrating these performers should be at the bare least concerned when an event such as this happens, and at best embrace the true concept of 'community' and address the issue together.

Apathy. Little Red Hen. Personal vendetta. Complete failure to recognize what is important. This is why the USA has the president it does, and why non-white and non-male people continue to be abused. At this moment I'm really disappointed with my fellow posters.

Roberta75
05-05-2019, 07:10 PM
"Ross’ set -- which spanned over 80 minutes, included five wardrobe changes, pulled from over 50 years of hits and worked in an “I Will Survive” reprise for a second encore -- was possibly one of the finest and most anticipated sets Jazz Fest has seen in its 50 year history"

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/festivals/8510071/2019-new-orleans-jazz-fest-day-7-highlights-diana-ross?fbclid=IwAR3tOTcW23uBc_qLPTtLFh5nKmbmbnjno4Gl UJVvhagRlfYN7Yv-RuL-vZM

marv2
05-05-2019, 07:17 PM
Hate to say it, but a lot of the people working jobs like this , [[and in so many others in this country), have no American history or culture from which to reference their mindset. They wouldn't comprehend or appreciate or care that this is an " American treasure" standing before them . Welcome to the new world order. Let the floodgates flow.

Those people don't care about no "Diana Ross". They probably don't even know who she is. They care about their paychecks and doing their jobs to keep the public safe!

jobeterob
05-05-2019, 07:19 PM
Those people don't care about no "Diana Ross". They probably don't even know who she is. They care about their paychecks and doing their jobs to keep the public safe!

Lucky for you, be they male or female, they didn't wanna feel your knackers!

marv2
05-05-2019, 07:32 PM
If Diane does not want to endure what everyone else that flies has to, then maybe she could travel in her own custom bus like Aretha did to her little oldies shows around the country.

blackguy69
05-05-2019, 07:58 PM
Marv why are you even commenting on here knowing good and well you don’t like Diana Ross. Are you that jealous or envious of here. If not then if I were you I’d make a quiet exit from this thread.
If Diane does not want to endure what everyone else that flies has to, then maybe she could travel in her own custom bus like Aretha did to her little oldies shows around the country.

marv2
05-05-2019, 08:07 PM
Marv why are you even commenting on here knowing good and well you don’t like Diana Ross. Are you that jealous or envious of here. If not then if I were you I’d make a quiet exit from this thread.

She should catch the bus if she thinks she is too good to be searched by the TSA! That's all I'm sayin.......

blackguy69
05-05-2019, 08:36 PM
Marv let it go.
She should catch the bus if she thinks she is too good to be searched by the TSA! That's all I'm sayin.......

Roberta75
05-05-2019, 08:38 PM
Lucky for you, be they male or female, they didn't wanna feel your knackers!

Hundreds of flights would be missed as it would take the entire TSA to search for them. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

jobeterob
05-05-2019, 08:41 PM
Aretha suffered from fear of flying and Diana doesn’t have such a thing

There must be some protocol for famous people going through airports - many employees would love to give Donald Trump a feel or a pinch after he’s president

BayouMotownMan
05-05-2019, 08:41 PM

She's not going to travel the way Mary does.

thanxal
05-05-2019, 08:46 PM
many employees would love to give Donald Trump a feel or a pinch after he’s president
Federal correctional workers?

jobeterob
05-05-2019, 08:54 PM
Federal correctional workers?

And airport employees that want to be important or hate him or want to be a big shot

thanxal
05-05-2019, 08:55 PM
Marv let it go.
Good luck with that.

jobeterob
05-05-2019, 08:55 PM
She's not going to travel the way Mary does.

But she’s an original Supreme and really important; she charted R & B once

thanxal
05-05-2019, 09:02 PM
All. News Flash. Its 2019 and no one except a crusty old few here care about the petty Diana vs. Mary vs. whatever else insults and counter-insults you're throwing around on this thread. If you have personal problems with each other, start an Instagram feed and have at it.

No. One. Cares.

captainjames
05-05-2019, 09:11 PM
Thanks Roberta for finding the review. I can't wait to see her again at the Fraze in July.

The TSA reminds me of shades of the sixties so I rather not comment.

TomatoTom123
05-05-2019, 09:22 PM
sigh..... :rolleyes:

midnightman
05-05-2019, 09:33 PM
I'm with you blackguy69. Y'all stay respectful.

marv2
05-05-2019, 10:26 PM
From TMZ. [[WARNING, do not read the 1,100 comments if you are a big fan of Diana Ross and are easily offended):

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/05/diana-ross-violated-new-orleans-airport-tsa-agent/

vgalindo
05-05-2019, 11:13 PM
From TMZ. [[WARNING, do not read the 1,100 comments if you are a big fan of Diana Ross and are easily offended):

https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/05/diana-ross-violated-new-orleans-airport-tsa-agent/
Wow Marv. You really can’t let it go!! SMDH

TheMotownManiac
05-05-2019, 11:17 PM

‘I am a big fan of All Supremes and not easily offended by clever shots Her Nibs - I AM, however, NOT a fan of the many, many, shockingly many racist comments that you do not even mention. I normally don’t read comments about anything and I forgot how the white trash love the opportunities to ply their ugly trade.

midnightman
05-06-2019, 12:43 AM
TMZ always had racists on there. Why even link it? What's the point?

TheMotownManiac
05-06-2019, 12:58 AM
I didn’t know or I wouldn’t have looked. Some of the shade at Ross WAS funny, but most of what I read was an equal mix of saddening and maddening.

jobeterob
05-06-2019, 01:04 AM
I didn’t know or I wouldn’t have looked. Some of the shade at Ross WAS funny, but most of what I read was an equal mix of saddening and maddening.

Isn’t that how it is for every major star?

Madonna? Beyoncé? Justin Bieber? Drake?

TheMotownManiac
05-06-2019, 02:12 AM
It’s the racist stuff I hate. Clever is clever even if pointed at one of my faves, but cheap, 3rd grade humor and racial slurs is 99% of what’s on there. Someday someone will explain this obsession with skin color so many are obsessed with. I’d find a discussion about paint drying more fruitful.

jobeterob
05-06-2019, 06:06 AM
It’s the racist stuff I hate. Clever is clever even if pointed at one of my faves, but cheap, 3rd grade humor and racial slurs is 99% of what’s on there. Someday someone will explain this obsession with skin color so many are obsessed with. I’d find a discussion about paint drying more fruitful.

Interesting that we have a poster that seems to find it highly reliable

Anyway, life goes on despite Diana not taking the bus

jobeterob
05-06-2019, 10:21 AM
https://www.facebook.com/374654685883/posts/10158503485370884?sfns=mo

A message from Diana Ross

Roberta75
05-06-2019, 10:23 AM

A real classy message from a classy lady.

PeaceNHarmony
05-06-2019, 12:02 PM
A real classy message from a classy lady.Yes. Diana is an American Treasure and an image to follow for those looking to live with dignity and, as Diana says, goodness.

IMissFlo93
05-06-2019, 02:27 PM

Thank you Diana.

Showbiz411 and especially TMZ should no longer be in business for all I care!

RanRan79
05-06-2019, 02:29 PM
I feel for Miss Ross, but unfortunately she's just endured what a lot of "common" folks deal with when flying. No surprise to see that Diana's biggest non fan would choose to take shots at her rather than address the problem, which is a problem that many people have complained about. TSA has a notorious reputation for the way they treat people. There are countless news program exposures of some of what goes on in US airports. Recently I watched a surveillance video account on Youtube of a woman who was targeted by TSA because she had previously filed a complaint against them involving breast milk. There's a video on Youtube about the way a four year old with severe health problems was treated by TSA. It might be a tad bit tempting to poke fun at the wealthy celebrity [[especially one known for her diva antics) who finds out that celebrity status doesn't not always exempt one from certain treatment, but to completely invalidate the fact that Diana Ross would be the latest on a list of hundreds of thousands with TSA complaints just drives home the sickness that is the Diana vs Mary wars. Now remove Diana Ross' name from this story, insert Mary Wilson's, and several posts in this thread will suddenly have a different reaction. Stop me when I'm lying.

midnightman
05-06-2019, 05:04 PM
Thank you Diana.

Showbiz411 and especially TMZ should no longer be in business for all I care!

Yeah. Those sites are awful.

Bluebrock
05-06-2019, 05:17 PM
I feel for Miss Ross, but unfortunately she's just endured what a lot of "common" folks deal with when flying. No surprise to see that Diana's biggest non fan would choose to take shots at her rather than address the problem, which is a problem that many people have complained about. TSA has a notorious reputation for the way they treat people. There are countless news program exposures of some of what goes on in US airports. Recently I watched a surveillance video account on Youtube of a woman who was targeted by TSA because she had previously filed a complaint against them involving breast milk. There's a video on Youtube about the way a four year old with severe health problems was treated by TSA. It might be a tad bit tempting to poke fun at the wealthy celebrity [[especially one known for her diva antics) who finds out that celebrity status doesn't not always exempt one from certain treatment, but to completely invalidate the fact that Diana Ross would be the latest on a list of hundreds of thousands with TSA complaints just drives home the sickness that is the Diana vs Mary wars. Now remove Diana Ross' name from this story, insert Mary Wilson's, and several posts in this thread will suddenly have a different reaction. Stop me when I'm lying.
I won't be stopping you. Great post. Well said my friend.

Roberta75
05-06-2019, 05:22 PM

Preach RanRan79 Preach.

PeaceNHarmony
05-06-2019, 07:22 PM
Preach RanRan79 Preach.
Some of the posters here are quite simply filthy, damaged 'people'.

marv2
05-06-2019, 10:16 PM
Sadly, this is the only way Diane can get into news these days. Wendy........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCZisaxLVM4

Bluebrock
05-07-2019, 02:41 AM
Sadly, this is the only way Diane can get into news these days. Wendy........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCZisaxLVM4
You really must have been living under a stone recently if you think that. Or maybe you are just seriously in denial?

Bluebrock
05-07-2019, 02:44 AM
That's all your sayin....? So why do you continue to post on this thread if that is all you are sayin?

PeaceNHarmony
05-07-2019, 05:41 AM
That's all your sayin....? So why do you continue to post on this thread if that is all you are sayin?As I've said: some of the posters here are simply filthy, immoral ... posters. What else can be said about anyone who finds humor in any woman feeling mistreated in post-#meetoo trump-merica? Will they laugh when it happens to their mother/daughter/sister/wife? My guess is 'yes'.

PeaceNHarmony
05-07-2019, 05:45 AM
You really must have been living under a stone recently if you think that. Or maybe you are just seriously in denial?Pigs gotta dig, 'ya know? Have a sweet apres le dejuner today & we'll talk!

marv2
05-07-2019, 07:56 AM
Whatever good PR she may have garnered on the surface for "Motown 60" has been destroyed now. Zero positive comments about her and this "incident".

RanRan79
05-07-2019, 08:31 AM
Some of y'all run up in Mary Wilson threads, knowing that you can't stand her, with the purpose of shading the hell out of her. It's silly and it's juvenile and I wish y'all would stop it. You won't, but a guy can wish. However, what's going on in this thread is just...weird. This cat takes anything Diana Ross related and just turns it into the weirdest stuff. My fear is what Soulful Detroit might look like in the event- hopefully not for many, many, many years- that Diana passes away. This dude is going to dance all on her grave and there will be no escaping it.

Roberta75
05-07-2019, 08:54 AM
Some of y'all run up in Mary Wilson threads, knowing that you can't stand her, with the purpose of shading the hell out of her. It's silly and it's juvenile and I wish y'all would stop it. You won't, but a guy can wish. However, what's going on in this thread is just...weird. This cat takes anything Diana Ross related and just turns it into the weirdest stuff. My fear is what Soulful Detroit might look like in the event- hopefully not for many, many, many years- that Diana passes away. This dude is going to dance all on her grave and there will be no escaping it.

Im told his hate and sick obssession with Diana Ross started because her security had him removed from a concert in the 1980s for taking flash photography. They ask him to stop 3 times and then tossed him out of the concert.As Ive said before I am not a fan of Gladys Knight for reasons im not going to discuss publicly but youll rarely see me posting in Gladys Knight threads.

PeaceNHarmony
05-07-2019, 09:03 AM
Im told his hate and sick obssession with Diana Ross started because her security had him removed from a concert in the 1980s for taking flash photography. They ask him to stop 3 times and then tossed him out of the concert.As Ive said before I am not a fan of Gladys Knight for reasons im not going to discuss publicly but youll rarely see me posting in Gladys Knight threads.That's part of the story I heard as well. I wasn't there to see #laughingstock get schooled so I won't relay the rest of the details, but 'get a life' would be good advice.

detmotownguy
05-07-2019, 09:07 AM
How exactly was she mistreated by the T S A compared to others? Has that been established? What caused her to be selected by the T S A?
Someone posted that there is a list of TSA complainants numbering in the hundreds of thousands. Actually, in 2017, although complaints are on the rise, during the first three quarters of 2017, it recorded 6,700 grievances, an 8% increase from the same period a year before. That's a complaint rate of 12.27 per million passengers. NOT hundreds of thousands!

TSA is given the authority by the elected officials of the USA and the Supreme Court. If you don't like it reconsider who you are voting for.

The Supreme Court has never handed down an opinion affirming the right of the TSA to search people in the manner that, under any other circumstance, would be sexual assault. This issue has not been challenged by ANY president.

marv2
05-07-2019, 09:24 AM
How exactly was she mistreated by the T S A compared to others? Has that been established? What caused her to be selected by the T S A?
Someone posted that there is a list of TSA complainants numbering in the hundreds of thousands. Actually, in 2017, although complaints are on the rise, during the first three quarters of 2017, it recorded 6,700 grievances, an 8% increase from the same period a year before. That's a complaint rate of 12.27 per million passengers. NOT hundreds of thousands!

TSA is given the authority by the elected officials of the USA and the Supreme Court. If you don't like it reconsider who you are voting for.

The Supreme Court has never handed down an opinion affirming the right of the TSA to search people in the manner that, under any other circumstance, would be sexual assault. This issue has not been challenged by ANY president.

There you have it.......FACTS! The truth of the matter is Miss Ross has never learned how to truly behave in public! As far back as the 1960s when she went on board a flight with a dog in a hat box and then preceded to beat a flight attendant in the head when told she could not keep it on board. She has "problems". There are folks far more famous and wealthier than she that don't act out like that. I have been flying since I was 18 [[approx. 400 flights plus) and have never had a major problem with airport security, TSA or any airline in business now or those that are now defunct. I think Diane is looking for attention, to get her name in the press, but it backfired on her.

marv2
05-07-2019, 09:28 AM

She was not mistreated. The video tape showed that the TSA employees followed procedure to the letter.

Boogiedown
05-07-2019, 02:49 PM
She was not mistreated. The video tape showed that the TSA employees followed procedure to the letter.

When the commoners reacted on TMZ with more of a "welcome to the real world" response than a "me too!" movement, Diana back peddled and created a post on facebook that turned the whole thing into a love fest.

The Ross Dress For Less/ fannypack storyline worked much better.:p

marv2
05-07-2019, 02:57 PM
When the commoners reacted on TMZ with more of a "welcome to the real world" response than a "me too!" movement, Diana back peddled and created a post on facebook that turned the whole thing into a love fest.

She knew her story backfired on her. It reminds me of that restaurant story a few years back. It also made her look like an unmentionable. LOL!

midnightman
05-07-2019, 03:37 PM
Was a video posted? Am I missing something?

reese
05-07-2019, 04:23 PM

I don't think any video was released. TSA said they reviewed a video of the Diana incident and found the agent "followed all protocols."

That said, I haven't flown in years and after seeing this video of how CNN commentator Angela Rye was searched, I don't think I want to.

https://twitter.com/angela_rye/status/809602853853626369

midnightman
05-07-2019, 04:29 PM
I see... I'm just glad she didn't attack back. We saw what that got her 20 years ago. Since then, no repeats.

vgalindo
05-07-2019, 04:38 PM
I don't think any video was released. TSA said they reviewed a video of the Diana incident and found the agent "followed all protocols."

That said, I haven't flown in years and after seeing this video of how CNN commentator Angela Rye was searched, I don't think I want to.

https://twitter.com/angela_rye/status/809602853853626369
Of coarse TSA is going to side with their employee or agent. But also said they are still investigating.

Roberta75
05-07-2019, 04:57 PM

No video was publicly posted.

midnightman
05-07-2019, 05:49 PM
^^ I figured they were still investigating.

detmotownguy
05-07-2019, 06:22 PM
She knew her story backfired on her. It reminds me of that restaurant story a few years back. It also made her look like an unmentionable. LOL!
Well prob take her legal team some time to assemble some sort of complaint. This is a perfect opportunity for a celebrity to add additional focus on TSA alleged abuse. Maybe she can testify in front of congress for the good of humankind. Especially now since she has already retailed her complaint via social media. That’s the first step.

marv2
05-07-2019, 06:55 PM
Well prob take her legal team some time to assemble some sort of complaint. This is a perfect opportunity for a celebrity to add additional focus on TSA alleged abuse. Maybe she can testify in front of congress for the good of humankind. Especially now since she has already retailed her complaint via social media. That’s the first step.

Whoaaa! Wait a minute. Diana Ross, for the good of humankind? Really? LOL!!!!

detmotownguy
05-07-2019, 07:06 PM
Seriously she should. Although the rate of complaints is somewhat low compared to total passengers, even one violation is too many. She felt violated, so she is in a position to bring abt awareness to facilitate chg. Celebrities have power in todays social media.

midnightman
05-07-2019, 07:09 PM
Celebrities used to really stand for something. Few do any good these days but yeah someone should spread awareness about that.

marv2
05-07-2019, 07:22 PM
Seriously she should. Although the rate of complaints is somewhat low compared to total passengers, even one violation is too many. She felt violated, so she is in a position to bring abt awareness to facilitate chg. Celebrities have power in todays social media.

Of course she felt violated. It reminds me of that old joke about her from back in the day. [[Diana Ross singing) "Ain't No Mountain High Enough.........to keep YOU away from Me!" LOL!!!!

marv2
05-07-2019, 07:24 PM
Celebrities used to really stand for something. Few do any good these days but yeah someone should spread awareness about that.

My question is, is the uncomfortable moments for a few worth more than the overall safety of the public at large? When I was a kid, I hated going to the dentist, but if I did not go through that unpleasant experience then, I may not have teeth now!

detmotownguy
05-07-2019, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=midnightman;514991]Celebrities used to really stand for something. Few do any good these days but yeah someone should spread awareness about that.[/QUOTE
You are right. Interestingly, human trafficking barely is addressed by celebrities. But Ashton Kushner has testified before Congress.
There are a couple of amazing TSA agents in Houston who possess comical personalities to keep the line moving and ease the agony and it works!!
Anyway off subject.

marv2
05-08-2019, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=midnightman;514991]Celebrities used to really stand for something. Few do any good these days but yeah someone should spread awareness about that.[/QUOTE
You are right. Interestingly, human trafficking barely is addressed by celebrities. But Ashton Kushner has testified before Congress.
There are a couple of amazing TSA agents in Houston who possess comical personalities to keep the line moving and ease the agony and it works!!
Anyway off subject.

TSA are not the bad guys in this situation.

captainjames
05-08-2019, 10:44 PM
If anyone feels they are violated they have the right to file a complaint. So many people would walk away because they don't want to make waves. I applaud Diana and those who say not any more.

detmotownguy
05-09-2019, 12:17 AM
Sure glad people did not assume that attitude when fighting for a cause such as Civil Rights, However, at this point it would be useless for her to advance her complaint because it seems there was no violation based on the tapes.

marv2
05-09-2019, 10:53 AM
Sure glad people did not assume that attitude when fighting for a cause such as Civil Rights, However, at this point it would be useless for her to advance her complaint because it seems there was no violation based on the tapes.

She wasn't violated. The TSA followed the established procedures they use with everyone. That is her real problem!

jobeterob
05-09-2019, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=detmotownguy;514998]

TSA are not the bad guys in this situation.

It's the trash talkers like TMZ and you that are the bad guys; way too much BS.

Jimi LaLumia
05-09-2019, 12:28 PM
TMZ still talks about DIANA ROSS because it's business/...TMZ knows that, after all this time, DIANA ROSS SELLS!! ..still... $$$$ sho [[nuf) biz nus

Roberta75
05-09-2019, 02:37 PM
She wasn't violated. The TSA followed the established procedures they use with everyone. That is her real problem!

Your real problem shouldnt be bi*ching about Diana Ross your problem should be getting all your friends together and buyin some tickets for your precious Mary Wilson. Shes playing this Saturdayn night and needs a real big boost in ticket sales. Its harldly 1/3 sold and If I lived in the New York area id be taking friends top see Dr Reeves.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/0000556FD6925CFF

marv2
05-09-2019, 07:02 PM
TMZ still talks about DIANA ROSS because it's business/...TMZ knows that, after all this time, DIANA ROSS SELLS!! ..still... $$$$ sho [[nuf) biz nus

TMZ does not need Diane.....she needs them. She needs any press or media attention.

detmotownguy
05-10-2019, 12:00 AM
TMZ does not need Diane.....she needs them. She needs any press or media attention.

It didn't work last time, so why would she think it will work this time. She looks so foolish. It made her want to cry. Good grief!

midnightman
05-10-2019, 12:10 AM
No one needs TMZ, it's pure filth, I don't care if you're Diana Ross or Britney Spears.

marv2
05-10-2019, 12:12 AM
It didn't work last time, so why would she think it will work this time. She looks so foolish. It made her want to cry. Good grief!

This is what Martha Reeves says here regarding Diana Ross being "violated":

“I don’t have a place in my mind for things like that,” she shared. “That means I can’t hear or see what she said, I go through security myself and I have never encountered anything like that. If I see evil coming, I start praying. So I don’t have encounters like that so I don’t want to think of that.”

“This is not the first instance she’s had with security,” Reeves said, recalling Ross’ 1999 dustup at Heathrow Airport, which ended up with “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” singer arrested for assaulting a female security officer.

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/ny-martha-reeves-vandellas-motown-60-black-spectrum-20190509-cnjvmrqqzbfczbu4vghg7pgqi4-story.html

detmotownguy
05-10-2019, 02:19 AM
This is what Martha Reeves says here regarding Diana Ross being "violated":

“I don’t have a place in my mind for things like that,” she shared. “That means I can’t hear or see what she said, I go through security myself and I have never encountered anything like that. If I see evil coming, I start praying. So I don’t have encounters like that so I don’t want to think of that.”

“This is not the first instance she’s had with security,” Reeves said, recalling Ross’ 1999 dustup at Heathrow Airport, which ended up with “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” singer arrested for assaulting a female security officer.

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/ny-martha-reeves-vandellas-motown-60-black-spectrum-20190509-cnjvmrqqzbfczbu4vghg7pgqi4-story.html

She was actually arrested? Was it verbal or physical assault?

sansradio
05-10-2019, 02:24 AM
She was actually arrested? Was it verbal or physical assault?

No, she was not arrested, but detained.

RanRan79
05-10-2019, 08:48 AM
Since Diana Ross is the only person to ever complain, and thus TSA is this uber trustworthy entity that never does any wrong...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lblntW1WPs

RanRan79
05-10-2019, 08:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu5FdrsGZoA

RanRan79
05-10-2019, 08:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSZXQEXweXU

RanRan79
05-10-2019, 08:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_TAoMUVeVg

RanRan79
05-10-2019, 08:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grhONykbeTY

RanRan79
05-10-2019, 08:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw4-ujNBpTc

RanRan79
05-10-2019, 08:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDbIJ5u994

RanRan79
05-10-2019, 08:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKE98sJpGig

RanRan79
05-10-2019, 08:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz8OocnnH0g

RanRan79
05-10-2019, 08:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjDcVSbTciU

RanRan79
05-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Again, it would just be nice if once- ONCE- somebody was just real and said, "I feel this way about the story because it's Diana Ross and I hate her guts". What's so hard about that? It's not like anyone fakes liking her & so revealing this kind of sentiment would somehow send the forum spiraling. Just tell the truth & shame the devil: any story regarding Diana Ross vs anyone, some here are always going to take the side of "anyone" no matter what. Will there be one to keep it real this morning?:confused::rolleyes:

floyjoy678
05-10-2019, 09:13 AM
I'm not a Diana hater, in fact her and Flo are my favorite Supremes and always have been. But I gotta say it sounds like she's being a big baby in this situation. The TSA is just doing their job. I have friends who work for them and I can't tell you the amount of stress they go through every day. People seem to forget what happened in our country nearly 18 years ago.

RanRan79
05-10-2019, 09:30 AM
I'm not a Diana hater, in fact her and Flo are my favorite Supremes and always have been. But I gotta say it sounds like she's being a big baby in this situation. The TSA is just doing their job. I have friends who work for them and I can't tell you the amount of stress they go through every day. People seem to forget what happened in our country nearly 18 years ago.

She might have been acting like a big baby, as I said in a couple of posts. And I'm sure TSA have a very stressful job. The police have a very stressful job also, but should we flippantly overlook complaints against them? [[Well there's a segment of society that actually flippantly overlooks complaints against them, especially when the complainer is Black.) No one has forgotten 9/11 and no one alive then ever will. But sorry, I'm not as afraid of another hijacked plane situation as I am of other threats the government isn't concerned about. TSA are human beings which means they are as fallible as the rest of us. Are they not guilty of wrong doing ever?

captainjames
05-10-2019, 09:53 AM
It sounds like anything Diana does she is a "Hot News Topic"
So it would appear that she is not some washed up has been that no one cares about. Diana is definitely still Supreme and actually if she experienced something like this before I can see those flashes going back through here head and she has every right to say she was not treated fair and complain. It must be a slow news day or the LADY still has it.

PeaceNHarmony
05-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Here's a letter from Ms. Anita Hill as published in today's New York Times. For a few of us my posting of this will be relevant:

"Last month, Joe Biden called me to talk about his conduct during Clarence Thomas’s Supreme Court confirmation hearings in 1991. There has been a lot of discussion recently about whether he has offered me the right words. Given the #MeToo movement and Mr. Biden’s bid for the presidency, it’s understandable why his role in the hearings is being debated anew.If the Senate Judiciary Committee, led then by Mr. Biden, had done its job and held a hearing that showed that its members understood the seriousness of sexual harassment and other forms of sexual violence, the cultural shift we saw in 2017 after #MeToo might have began in 1991 — with the support of the government.
If the government had shown that it would treat survivors with dignity and listen to women, it could have had a ripple effect. People agitating for change would have been operating from a position of strength. It could have given institutions like the military, the Department of Education and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission greater license to take more decisive action to end the scourge of harassment. And research shows that if leaders convey that they won’t tolerate harassment, people within an organization typically obey.
Instead, far too many survivors kept their stories hidden for years.
Thousands of women and many men have shared with me their stories of being sexually harassed since my testimony 28 years ago. These stories are especially troubling because they are so common. Yet they had long gone unseen, with the public viewing behavior from sexual extortion to sexual assault as a personal issue to be dealt with in private.The world didn’t really begin to come to grips with the prevalence of sexual abuse until 2017, when the millions of survivors who became the #MeToo movement demolished the myth that sexual violence was insignificant.
The #MeToo movement taught us that it happens to people of all ages, races and ethnicities, whether poor, middle class or wealthy. While no group is immune, some groups like women of color, sexual minorities and people with disabilities are more susceptible than others. So are contract and gig-economy workers, who lack traditional employment protections. Low-income and tip workers, who might face retaliation that could mean losing their livelihood, are particularly at risk.
As the #MeToo revelations laid bare the truth of the overwhelming size of the problem, victims dared hope that our political leaders would take up the challenge of confronting it.
But that hope was dashed last year.
Christine Blasey Ford faced yet another Senate Judiciary Committee in 2018 considering yet another Supreme Court nominee, Judge Brett Kavanaugh, whom she had accused of sexual assault. And yet again, the process appeared to be concerned with political expediency more than with the truth.
After Dr. Blasey’s courageous testimony, many saw the callous and ham-handed approach of Senator Charles Grassley of Iowa, the committee’s chairman, as a replay of the Thomas hearings.

Even worse, a new generation was forced to conclude that politics trumped a basic and essential expectation: that claims of sexual abuse would be taken seriously.
Bad behavior has not gone away, notwithstanding the valiant efforts of the people in the #MeToo movement. A recent anonymous survey by the Department of Defense revealed that sexual harassment and assault in the military rose by 38 percent from 2016 to 2018. The Pentagon estimated that 13,000 women and 7,500 men were sexually assaulted in the 2018 fiscal year.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that one in three women and one in four men experience sexual violence involving physical contact during their lifetimes. And according to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, claims of sexual harassment increased by more than 12 percent from fiscal year 2017 to 2018.
It is no stretch to estimate that one in three American households are dealing with the economic, health or safety difficulties that accompany sexual violations.

Despite the grim reality, I remain hopeful, knowing how far we’ve come. If we acknowledge the severity of the problem and demand processes in which all sexual harassment and assault survivors are heard and not dismissed or punished for coming forward, our leaders will step up.
Survivors and their supporters need acknowledgment and justice. Words of condolence can never substitute for action aimed at ending the harm. There are measures that would show that our government is ready to respond to survivors.

The Senate leaders should adopt a fair and transparent process for responding to complaints raised about prospective presidential appointees with investigations conducted by an independent party.
Congress also should pass bills like the Be Heard Act, introduced in April, which would extend federal protections against sexual harassment and discrimination to contract, gig and other nontraditional workers, with special attention to low-income workers.
At a minimum, our representatives have to keep our military personnel, who pledge to protect our country, safe from sexual harassment and assault. Hard stop.
In the long term, our leaders need to address the larger inequalities that enable sexual misconduct to flourish.
Sexual violence is a national crisis that requires a national solution. We miss that point if we end the discussion at whether I should forgive Mr. Biden. This crisis calls for all leaders to step up and say: “The healing from sexual violence must begin now. I will take up that challenge.”

TheMotownManiac
05-10-2019, 01:36 PM

This’d commoners you refer to were the lowest of the low bigots I’ve ever encountered online. Did you read the comments? Nothing about HER - mostly just her race. If that’s common to you, i’m Sorry for you.

‘Diana didn’t backpedal at all, she clarified her support for the process, not the way this person dealt with it. No one on this forum knows HOW she was treated, but act like they do. It’s funny how desperate some nutcasians can be. This was WAY before TMZ came on the story.

‘’Funny how some commoners froth at the mouth over a story like this. One nutcase going apeshit making up stories right and left as if the tape was accessible. Silly peeps.

TheMotownManiac
05-10-2019, 01:42 PM

Stop acting like a know-it-all - you know zilch about the tape is what procedures were followed.

‘’This from someone who still believes Bill Cosby got a raw deal. LOL

jobeterob
05-10-2019, 02:28 PM
Marv's a gadfly. Getting a life outside Diana Ross might make him less bitter.

As I've said a number of times, the Forum would probably die without him because discussion would fade.

Stupid positions are taken just to provoke discussion.

PeaceNHarmony
05-10-2019, 03:59 PM
Marv's a gadfly. Getting a life outside Diana Ross might make him less bitter.

As I've said a number of times, the Forum would probably die without him because discussion would fade.

Stupid positions are taken just to provoke discussion.
A rare disagreement with you as regards the middle sentence. Saner discussions would flourish.

midnightman
05-11-2019, 01:42 PM
We know how Marv rolls. We also know how the TSA rolls but I guess if one defends the actions of Bill Cosby, Michael Jackson, Pedro Ferrer and Ike Turner, TSA is not far behind.

Roberta75
05-11-2019, 02:00 PM
We know how Marv rolls. We also know how the TSA rolls but I guess if one defends the actions of Bill Cosby, Michael Jackson, Pedro Ferrer and Ike Turner, TSA is not far behind.

You summed It up beaiutifully. Thank you.

captainjames
05-11-2019, 04:17 PM

Damn.........................LOL
can someone help me off the floor --- so true !!!

TheMotownManiac
05-11-2019, 04:42 PM
Your real problem shouldnt be bi*ching about Diana Ross your problem should be getting all your friends together and buyin some tickets for your precious Mary Wilson. Shes playing this Saturdayn night and needs a real big boost in ticket sales. Its harldly 1/3 sold and If I lived in the New York area id be taking friends top see Dr Reeves.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/0000556FD6925CFF

Hopefully there will be a surge of last minute ticket buyers. The ladies did very well in Vegas and are hoping it could lead to something, but this is sad and, unhappily, another gig got cancelled for next Friday as the sales were really bleak. The thing is, every time a gig goes south or draws poorly, it makes it all the more problematic for them to get other gigs. Please everyone in Greater NY go see them tonight.

marv2
05-11-2019, 06:09 PM
No, she was not arrested, but detained.

Oh boy, here we go again! She was ARRESTED! LOL!!!

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Diana+ross+arrested+Heathrow+&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=diana+ross+arrested+heathrow+&sc=1-29&sk=&cvid=B9C373EDF09D4E6CB936D08CB4BDA886

Roberta75
05-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Hopefully there will be a surge of last minute ticket buyers. The ladies did very well in Vegas and are hoping it could lead to something, but this is sad and, unhappily, another gig got cancelled for next Friday as the sales were really bleak. The thing is, every time a gig goes south or draws poorly, it makes it all the more problematic for them to get other gigs. Please everyone in Greater NY go see them tonight.

Dont tell me the Sugarhouse casino gig on the waterfronts been cancelled? My cousins from Fishtown were going to see Dr Reeves next Friday night and promised to call me before and after the show and send me photos. Thats a real bummer for them if thats true.:[[

Roberta75
05-11-2019, 06:28 PM

Im sure marv will be there with a busload of friends he never misses Marys shows. I bet hes got tickets for every show at the Carlyle next month. Hehehehehehehehehehehe.

floyjoy678
05-11-2019, 07:24 PM
Was it at sugar house? I thought it was at Parx which is right outside of Philly in Bensalem.

milven
05-11-2019, 08:11 PM
Im sure marv will be there with a busload of friends he never misses Marys shows. I bet hes got tickets for every show at the Carlyle next month. Hehehehehehehehehehehe.
https://media.tenor.com/images/db282862c015ba181a01bf124d2a73ed/tenor.gif

milven
05-11-2019, 08:19 PM
Oh boy, here we go again! She was ARRESTED! LOL!!!

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Diana+ross+arrested+Heathrow+&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=diana+ross+arrested+heathrow+&sc=1-29&sk=&cvid=B9C373EDF09D4E6CB936D08CB4BDA886

Technically, you are right. She was arrested. [[which is unvoluntary detaining) questioned, and then let go with no charges. No charges, no collusion, no coverup.

"She has been released after being cautioned," a Scotland Yard spokeswoman said. "It is a black mark, but not a charge. That was deemed the appropriate action

Whatca doin' here? I would have thought that Mary's Number One fan would be at her concert right about now

TheMotownManiac
05-11-2019, 08:38 PM
Maybe he’s number two.

blackguy69
05-11-2019, 08:51 PM
I see the school yard is very active with 5th graders today

milven
05-11-2019, 09:06 PM
Dont tell me the Sugarhouse casino gig on the waterfronts been cancelled? My cousins from Fishtown were going to see Dr Reeves next Friday night and promised to call me before and after the show and send me photos. Thats a real bummer for them if thats true.:[[

yes, the show was cancelled

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/legendary-ladies-of-motown-featuring-mary-wilson-martha-reeves/event/0200565A9EF853A7

Roberta75
05-11-2019, 09:28 PM

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/legendary-ladies-of-motown-featuring-mary-wilson-martha-reeves/event/0200565A9EF853A7

Gosh darn it my cousins will be real dissappointed.

Roberta75
05-11-2019, 11:17 PM
Mayim Bialik is another celebrity who finds TSA real threatening.

midnightman
05-11-2019, 11:31 PM

Seems like that place has a lot of problems with ticket sales no matter who shows up there. Sad.

Bluebrock
05-12-2019, 02:41 AM

That is such a shame. Martha is one of the hardest working ladies in showbusiness and deserves better than that. Thank heavens Diana, Gladys, Dionne and Patti are still able to pull in the crowds, but it is a diminishing market for sure.

PeaceNHarmony
05-12-2019, 07:38 AM
I'll bet if the show was billed as 'Martha Reeves and the Vandellas' it would have sold better. Dr. Reeves still has some name recognition.

RanRan79
05-13-2019, 08:40 AM

But it's not even about TSA for him, and that's what I was pointing out. You know he don't give a damn about TSA, he only cared that Diana Ross had a problem with them and so that automatically meant that TSA was worth defending. Diana vs bad cop, Diana vs Trump, Diana vs Isis...he'd be posting about how cops keep us safe, how Trump has done more for the Black community than any other president, and how Isis is just misunderstood rather than say "I may not like Diane, but this was wrong". The enemy of my enemy is my friend is apparently the motto, which isn't always a bad motto, but it's a weird one when your enemy is a woman you've never met.:rolleyes:

midnightman
05-13-2019, 10:48 AM
But it's not even about TSA for him, and that's what I was pointing out. You know he don't give a damn about TSA, he only cared that Diana Ross had a problem with them and so that automatically meant that TSA was worth defending. Diana vs bad cop, Diana vs Trump, Diana vs Isis...he'd be posting about how cops keep us safe, how Trump has done more for the Black community than any other president, and how Isis is just misunderstood rather than say "I may not like Diane, but this was wrong". The enemy of my enemy is my friend is apparently the motto, which isn't always a bad motto, but it's a weird one when your enemy is a woman you've never met.:rolleyes:

I know, it's frigging weird...

Roberta75
05-13-2019, 01:18 PM

Yep......once again youve summed it up beautifully. Its just real bizzare that a middle to elderly aged man would spend hours every SINGLE DAY obsessing over a woman hes never met.

captainjames
05-13-2019, 01:31 PM

Sometimes I close my eyes and hold my breath but it still reminds me of Norman Bates.

jobeterob
05-13-2019, 01:34 PM

And in 5 years, it'll all be done for all of them.

That's why it's kind of unpleasant to see how some people carp so badly about this old women - because nobody will be singing for anyone beyond about 80 years of age and even that is bizarre.

Bluebrock
05-13-2019, 01:35 PM
Yep......once again youve summed it up beautifully. Its just real bizzare that a middle to elderly aged man would spend hours every SINGLE DAY obsessing over a woman hes never met.

I do genuinely feel sorry for him. His behaviour is pitiful. To have so much hatred for a woman he does not even know is downright worrying and frightening. I hope he can find peace one day.

Roberta75
05-13-2019, 01:52 PM
I do genuinely feel sorry for him. His behaviour is pitiful. To have so much hatred for a woman he does not even know is downright worrying and frightening. I hope he can find peace one day.

True peace comes the minute you release hate and negativitty from your heart.

midnightman
05-15-2019, 01:22 PM
Marv is good [[and sometimes great) when he can be. I've actually enjoyed him on other threads but certain topics like this one in particular, we're gonna butt heads and I just decide it's best to stay out of his way, you know?

Anyway, this thread has run its course. Let it die and let's stop reviving it.

marv2
07-27-2019, 02:13 AM

I'm happy she's taken my advice! LOL!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFl-XAcfpW4

Circa 1824
07-27-2019, 03:24 AM
I'm happy she's taken my advice! LOL!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFl-XAcfpW4

you must google “Diana Ross” many times each day.

vgalindo
07-27-2019, 04:07 AM
you must google “Diana Ross” many times each day.
Ain’t that the truth! Only a die hard fan would be able to find the things he finds. And he claims he doesn’t like her. Lol. I call it obsession.

Albator
07-27-2019, 05:08 AM
Marv is good [[and sometimes great) when he can be. I've actually enjoyed him on other threads
Really? What about Luke

milven
07-27-2019, 09:27 AM
Seems like that place has a lot of problems with ticket sales no matter who shows up there. Sad.

Not really. Over the years, I have seen many acts there that filled every seat, Gladys, Diana, Stylistics, Blue Magic, Johnny Mathis, the Supremes, Mc Guires Sisters in a comeback performance, and even Mary Wilson [[although with her performance they closed off one section of the theatre and kept the revolving stage stationary. The venue is one of my favorites except for the travel and traffic to get there. Its size, in the round stage, and seating emits a feeling of intimacy for the performer and the audience

The most recent time that I was there was for Johnny Mathis and he filled every available seat. Johnny is in his eighties, has not had a hit in years, and still can fill seats. That is what icons like Johnny, Diana, Bette, Cher, etc. do. Johnny appeared there again this month. He had no problem filling seats.

The venue is fine and should not be blamed for poor ticket sales. The bookers or managers have to calculate better to match performers to venues as their popularity increases or decreases.