PDA

View Full Version : join The Temptations / Together - Question

test

Fullfillingnessfirstfinale
05-03-2019, 12:53 AM
I have read somewhere, that for these albums the entire groups went together again in the studio, because they had both a lot of fun to make this project, so why they are these songs included a lot of Andantes only ?

Thanks for any response.

Bluebrock
05-03-2019, 02:46 AM
I have read somewhere, that for these albums the entire groups went together again in the studio, because they had both a lot of fun to make this project, so why they are these songs included a lot of Andantes only ?

Thanks for any response.
I think you may be getting confused with The Supremes and Four Tops duet albums?

sup_fan
05-03-2019, 11:18 AM
i'm under the impression that the Andantes were added to the recordings, like they were for CW&P. but they weren't in place of M and C. if you're recording a group and there's 4 or 5 men and only 2 women, the overall sound won't be balanced.

reese
05-03-2019, 12:13 PM
In the Andantes book, I believe they said they were added to some of the Supremes / Tempts duets as well as some of the Supremes / Tops duets.

I don't know for sure but I vaguely recall reading that on some of these duets, Mary and Cindy were replaced altogether.

TheMotownManiac
05-03-2019, 04:36 PM
Cindy told me that not all the duets were recorded together but she never suggested she was or was not on them all. I didn’t think to ask. My Guy/My Girl and For Better or worse were not recorded together and not with Diana either. Those are the only two she singled out.