PDA

View Full Version : You can't make this stuff up!

test

juicefree20
02-25-2011, 12:21 AM
This thread is created with the intent of displaying stupidity at its best, or worst, depending upon how you view such things. I'm sure that we all run across news that simply makes you shake your head & wonder..."What in the hell were THEY thinking?"

So in that spirit...I offer you...

juicefree20
02-25-2011, 12:32 AM
"NOBODY DOESN'T LIKE SARA LEE'S OR THIN MINT GIRLS SCOUT COOKIES!!!"

A Miami woman, Hersha Howard was arrested & charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

It appears as though her roommate made the mistake of either eating of giving Ms. Howard's children a box of her Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. The victim responded that she had given the cookies to Ms. Howard's children after they had awaken hungry at 1 a.m.

Upon the discovery of the violation of her cookie box, Ms. Howard confronted her roomate. Upon offering Ms. Howard $10 to replace the purloined cookies, Ms. Howard responding by commencing to chase the victim out of the house with a pair of scizzors, eventually pounding her 'round bout her head & shoulders with weapons which ranged from her fists, to a board to a sign. Kinda makes that threatening "Leggo My Eggo" seem rather tame in comparison.

I love the final crack of the news report..."No word on what dessert was served in jail." Wish I'd have thought of it!

Now, I LOVE Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies, I mean I LOVVVVVE them, but damn...not to that extreme.

And no...you just can't make this stuff up.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41721654/ns/us_news-weird_news/?gt1=43001

juicefree20
02-25-2011, 12:43 AM
From the annals of "DUMB AZZED IDEAS"...

A right-to-life group named 'Life Always' came up with one of the most offensive ways to support anti-abortion...

By insulting an entire race of people!

They sponsored the placement of a huge billboard near the Holland Tunnell, with a photo of a young black girl, with the insulting message...
"The most dangerous place for an African American is in the womb."

I thought that it was at a KKK meeting followed by attending a parade given by the Aryan Nation, but silly me...what do I know!

Their intentions may have been noble, but that is one of the most insulting things that I've seen in awhile & is twice as stereotypical. And considering the epidemic that abortion has become for many ethnicities, why in the name of all that's sensible, did they decide to single out African Americans?

This is dumb as hell & once again, you just can't make this stuff up...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41767819/ns/local_news-new_york_ny/

juicefree20
02-25-2011, 01:05 AM
From the pages of "I'M LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO SPEND THE SUMMER!"

A young man from D.C. found a rather novel way to win a paid summer vacation.

He managed to rob the home of a reporter. In the process of doing so, he robbed money, an ipod, savings bonds & the laptop, all belonging to the son of the reporter. One might've expected that he'd be satisfied with his haul, right??

WRONG!!! WRONG!!! WRONG!!!

Not completely satisfied, he decided that it was a most excellent time to stop for a photo-op!

The thief proceeded to log onto to the laptop of his victim, accessed the kid's Facebook page, then commenced to post a picture of himself holding the money stolen from the victim on the kids FACEBOOK PAGE! Adding insult to injury, he was wearing the coat of the kid's father, a reporter in the picture.

This leads me to consider 2 questions...

1. How did the robber gain entry to the log-on for the kid's computer?
2. How did he gain entry to the kid's Facebook page

I imagine that the kid had left his laptop on & his Facebook page logged-on. Which happened to lead to an embarrassing lesson, but obviously, a much-needed one, as regards the importance of logging-off on Facebook & your computer.

Here's the blog entry that the reporter posted about the incident:
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/story-lab/2010/12/post_4.html

And the news report...
http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/02/24/6123003-burglar-who-posted-on-victims-facebook-pleads-guilty-?gt1=43001

I understand the desire to win an all expenses paid summer vacation, but this takes it to the extreme. And once again, kiddies...

You just can't make this stuff up!

juicefree20
02-25-2011, 01:47 AM
This from the annals of "When Multi-tasking goes Wrong"...

So you're in someone's house & you've stolen a couple of diamond rings. Suddenly, you realize that you've forgotten something very important...

YOU FORGOT TO CHECK FACEBOOK!

So, rather than wait for a more appropriate time & place to do so, what could be more convenient than to log-in from the computer in the house that you're robbing? Mighty hospitable of the homeowner to have a computer so accessible, right? You're almost out the door, totally scot-free, what could possibly go wrong?

Well...if you're like this rocket scientist, you could simply forget to LOG-OFF!!!

Talk about leaving a trail of bread crumbs!

For some folks, the obsession with social networks seems to rob them of any semblance of common sense & one day, is going to prove to cost them more than a little time in a cell, it's going to cost them their life.

http://mashable.com/2009/09/17/facebook-robber-arrested/

DING-DONGGGG!!! "Hello officers...and how may I help you this fine day?"

Nope...you just can't make this stuff up!

juicefree20
02-25-2011, 02:16 AM
Sometimes, it's a good idea to charge up before you leave home.

You're robbing a home & everything is going well. Let's see...

Jewels - check
Silverware - check
The few dollars lying around - check

UHHH-OHHH! SOMEONE'S COMING...TIME TO GO!

Hey buddy...aren't you forgetting something, like the cell phone that you left charging in the house that you just robbed!?!?

Adding insult to injury, as there had been a power outage from a storm, the phone wasn't even being charged! Piling more shame upon this genius, the police found him by dialing his girlfriend & it wasn't Amway calling. It was the police calling in order to find out where he lived so that they could arrest him. Naturally, she couldn't even give him a heads-up, as the police had his cell phone.

Well, he must not have had a landline, because once the police came a' callin', he not only had the booty from his last robbery, but also the bounty from about 10 other robberies.

http://globalgeeknews.com/2011/02/10/thief-caught-from-leaving-phone-charging-in-house-he-burgled/

Seriously folks, if you're pressed for time when you're about to go out on a robbery spree, leave the cell phone at home & bring a couple of quarters or a calling card instead. both are NON-TRACEABLE!!!

"Sorry, wrong number", my azz, once again proving my theory that when it comes to stupidity...

You just can't make this stuff up!

soulster
02-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Keep 'em coming Juice! This stuff is great! I just don't have a lot of time to surf for this stuff.

mark speck
02-26-2011, 02:01 AM
I was gonna mention the cell phone guy, but you beat me to it. Neat stuff, Juice!!

Best,

Mark