PDA

View Full Version : NME Shockwave Awards: Justin Bieber "wins" worst album and least stylish

test

smark21
02-24-2011, 09:33 PM
At least the English aren't afraid to honor Justin Bieber with the awards he deserves.

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=133&title=shockwaves_nme_awards_2011_winners_what_&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Least Stylish
Justin Bieber
Runners Up:
Cheryl Cole
Ke$ha
Lady Gaga
Liam Gallagher
Worst Album
Justin Bieber – 'My World'
Runners Up:
Cheryl Cole – 'Messy Little Raindrops'
Katy Perry – 'Teenage Dream'
Kings Of Leon – 'Come Around Sundown'
My Chemical Romance – 'Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys'

marv2
02-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Although I am not very familiar with this young man's music, I am starting to believe he is becoming a backlash victim of jealousy. Build 'em up, tear 'em down! He has not been around long enough to have become an asshole , so I have to believe it is all about jealousy.

juicefree20
02-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Marv:

I think that it's unfortunate, but I believe that it's also due to massive overexposure & I don't believe that the voraciousness of his fans is helping him either.

It seems that these days, whenever one of these kids becomes huge, it's not very long before the media who's built them up, begins looking for chinks in their armor.

Then should they self-destruct enough, they end up with a reality show or on 'Celebrity Rehab'.

it's kinda sad, but that how it seems to go these days.

Remember back when britney was a 'good' girl?

marv2
02-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Marv:

I think that it's unfortunate, but I believe that it's also due to massive overexposure & I don't believe that the voraciousness of his fans is helping him either.

It seems that these days, whenever one of these kids becomes huge, it's not very long before the media who's built them up, begins looking for chinks in their armor.

Then should they self-destruct enough, they end up with a reality show or on 'Celebrity Rehab'.

it's kinda sad, but that how it seems to go these days.

Remember back when britney was a 'good' girl?

I know what you mean and yeah I remember when Britney was a goody ,goody. Do you remember Robert Van Winkle aka "Vanilla Ice" Ice baby? I just saw an interview with him on Canadian television about a week or so ago and wow, what quick fame does to a person is all I'll say.....!

juicefree20
02-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Marv:

Not for nothing, I remember when he attempted to use the equivalent of a paper cut in order to acquire a little 'street cred'...

marv2
02-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Marv:

Not for nothing, I remember when he attempted to use the equivalent of a paper cut in order to acquire a little 'street cred'...

...and we saw right through that. Well at least I did! "Word to your mother!" LOL!!!

juicefree20
02-25-2011, 02:19 AM
I loved the "In Living Color" skit about it! And don't get me started on that movie, "Cool As Ice".

smark21
02-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Britney was never marketed as a goody goody--sex has always been the main part of the marketing strategy for her. She publically proclaimed her virginity, but that was just made her marketing even more slezay and tacky as it was just a campaign to get dirty old men to buy her music because in her videos, she always showed plenty of flesh, did lots of pelvic thrusts and moaned and groaned in her songs to simulate an orgasm.

topdiva1
02-25-2011, 10:21 AM
He is a teen idol - nothing more nothing less - it will be interesting to see where he is in say 5 years.