PDA

View Full Version : Future of Motown Mansion in Detroit

test

woodward
04-18-2019, 09:10 AM
I almost missed this great article.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/life/home-garden/2019/04/11/motown-mansion-berry-gordy/3334565002/

QUESTION: Have any MF members ever been in the mansion?

DWSheffer
04-18-2019, 10:38 AM
Very nice story and the most interior photos I've seen posted of the mansion. Such a nice looking home.

Does anyone know, are those the original paintings of the Supremes that were used for the Greatest Hits "bonus photos" insert? I know that those have been in the house for a long time, as they have appeared in photos from the time Cynthia bought it through the current owners, so I wouldn't be surprised if they may be the originals that have just stayed with the house from BG on.
Darin

reese
04-18-2019, 10:58 AM
Very nice story and the most interior photos I've seen posted of the mansion. Such a nice looking home.

Does anyone know, are those the original paintings of the Supremes that were used for the Greatest Hits "bonus photos" insert? I know that those have been in the house for a long time, as they have appeared in photos from the time Cynthia bought it through the current owners, so I wouldn't be surprised if they may be the originals that have just stayed with the house from BG on.
Darin

The paintings on the mansion's wall seems to less wide in dimension than those included in the GREATEST HITS album. Of course, they could have been altered over the years but I would think if one had the originals that they wouldn't want to touch them.