PDA

View Full Version : Dying For Music - The Dennis Edwards Story [[The Temptations)

test

luckyluckyme
04-17-2019, 07:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acXtg3_aHWs

Philles/Motown Gary
04-22-2019, 12:58 AM
That's really sad, Lucky. I've always loved Dennis' voice -- both as a Contour and as a Temptation. We can only hope he wasn't abused by his wife Brenda, as reported.

heikki
04-22-2019, 01:49 AM
Hi!

Dennis Edwards deserves all the tributes they can make. Only this one wasn't very accurate. After listening to the first 3-4 minutes, I noticed that
- Dennis was supposed to be a member of The Mighty Clouds of Joy. When I wrote the MCOj story by interviewing Joe Ligon, he never mentioned Dennis. Instead, Dennis himself told me that his two gospel groups were The Crowns of Joy and The Golden Wonders.
- Dennis' first secular group is called The Fireballs. However, he told me that his first rock 'n' roll group was Dennis Edwards & The Firebirds
- a side issue, I agree, but "It's So Hard Being A Loser" wasn't a top-30 hit [[# 35-soul / # 79 - pop).

I'll listen the rest of it after a while.

Best regards
Heikki

heikki
04-22-2019, 02:01 AM
Hi!

Now I noticed that probably this information is picked up from the Wikipedia article, which really isn't very accurate.

Best regards
Heikki