PDA

View Full Version : Dying For Music - The Paul Williams Story [[The Temptations)

test

marv2
04-17-2019, 03:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEH5lH3cYpM

soulwally
04-17-2019, 01:14 PM
Marv, I watched this episode and started on the Dennis Edwards, but to be honest there's nothing you or I, or most people on this forum, didn't know. They're very much done 'on the cheap' with no music or videos used. But, a good introduction to the pair it anyone needs one

StuBass1
04-17-2019, 03:02 PM
I knew Paul pretty well as a teenager and he was the nicest guy you could imagine...I hadn't seen Paul in a few years when I ran into him at Biffs restaurant on W Grand Blvd at lunchtime one day, not knowing that he would be deceased only weeks or so later. He seemed pleased to see me and we sat and had lunch together. He seemed depressed and looked really bad from the Paul that I knew. He did say he was working on a solo project, and we talked about the Tempts and David in particular, but when I learned of his supposed suicide, I was not disbelieving based on my recent visit with him shortly before. Just a really sad ending. In the mid 60's even, despite obviously drinking, he was upbeat and friendly...Is missed by all who knew him...

marv2
04-17-2019, 08:06 PM
Marv, I watched this episode and started on the Dennis Edwards, but to be honest there's nothing you or I, or most people on this forum, didn't know. They're very much done 'on the cheap' with no music or videos used. But, a good introduction to the pair it anyone needs one

I hear ya Soulwally. Sometimes I think Paul's death should be investigated. I think people are afraid to or that it has been so long now that what's the use?

StuBass1
04-17-2019, 08:48 PM
I hear ya Soulwally. Sometimes I think Paul's death should be investigated. I think people are afraid to or that it has been so long now that what's the use?
All these years later???...Let the man rest in peace...Nothing would come out of reopening any investigation other than giving folks on this forum something new to talk about... IMHO...

marv2
04-17-2019, 10:49 PM
All these years later???...Let the man rest in peace...Nothing would come out of reopening any investigation other than giving folks on this forum something new to talk about... IMHO...

I am sorry if I made it sound like it was a priority. It was just a random thought I had that was perhaps influence by the television series "Autopsy".