PDA

View Full Version : Aretha Franklin: Fantasia Barrino needs to learn some R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

test

abfan
02-23-2011, 06:45 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/2011/02/23/2011-02-23_aretha_franklin_thinks_fantasia_overreacted_to_ grammy_snub.html?r=entertainment

theboyfromxtown
02-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Aren't these big artists surrounded by advisers, manager, PR, even members of their family? Don't they advise any more?

jillfoster
02-24-2011, 01:03 AM
Is that girl wearin rat-tail sideburns?

topdiva1
02-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Aren't these big artists surrounded by advisers, manager, PR, even members of their family? Don't they advise any more?

It does not seem so - stars are not controlled much anymore -as in the old days - when the studios released prepared statements for them.

Kamasu_Jr
02-24-2011, 11:09 AM
It does not seem so - stars are not controlled much anymore -as in the old days - when the studios released prepared statements for them.

If you've seen Fantasia's reality TV show, which details her relationship with her family, handlers and managers, you would know that NO ONE controls Fantasia or advises her on what to say pr what she does.

carlo
02-24-2011, 11:32 PM
I love Aretha BUT isn't it kind of ironic since she herself had made all those statements in regards to Beyonce calling Tina Turner "The Queen" during their Grammy tribute? :p Talk about "overreacting".

marv2
02-24-2011, 11:58 PM

You make a good point. One I'll make that if an artist wants to really be unique, I mean really standout today, they should try the old fashion approach and develop a very pleasant public demeanor and just act plain nice to people everywhere! Above all else, stay out of trouble!

marv2
02-24-2011, 11:59 PM
I love Aretha BUT isn't it kind of ironic since she herself had made all those statements in regards to Beyonce calling Tina Turner "The Queen" during their Grammy tribute? :p Talk about "overreacting".

I was wondering when someone was going to bring that up! LOL! But then I thought , hey we're talking about Aretha here. She is the Queen and of course it is "do as I say and not as I do........"

topdiva1
02-25-2011, 10:23 AM

RERE has never had a lick of tact or fashion sense, and believes she can dress like a size 8.

abfan
02-25-2011, 11:25 AM
U guys r forgetting Ree is the Queen and has paid her due's..Fantasia is a TV made Idol winner..So for u to compare. oh well ree said or did this ...come on get real