PDA

View Full Version : The Temptations - "When The Saints Go Marching In"

test

marv2
03-19-2019, 08:48 PM
SHINDIG! Here is something I have not seen since watching it with my Mom and Dad way, way back in 1965! The Tempts close out the show with "When The Saint's Go Marching In"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Uh1-yT3Zs&fbclid=IwAR028NkzO9T7w3OXs-o37v8De8D82-4iDjzIbMMVBe0cowK1NNgPtf0104U

lockhartgary
03-19-2019, 10:24 PM
Somebody done opened up the doors at Shindig studios and let the church just walk right on in!

marv2
03-19-2019, 10:34 PM
Somebody done opened up the doors at Shindig studios and let the church just walk right on in!

Lockhartgary! LOL!!!!

phil
03-20-2019, 11:49 AM
Nice clip, thanks Marv !

What I like with Shindig is that most of the songs were performed live [[I hate lip-synching lol)

marv2
03-20-2019, 12:29 PM
Nice clip, thanks Marv !

What I like with Shindig is that most of the songs were performed live [[I hate lip-synching lol)

You're very welcome Phil. Same here in regards to the live music as opposed to lip-synching. I remember Shindig came on twice a week at one point because it was so popular.

motony
03-20-2019, 12:51 PM
I ordered the Complete Shindig Set from TV Museum and the quality is not that great. This looks like good quality. One of the Sindigs I watched last night had Clara Ward & the Ward Singers & talk about goin to Church, they did it. Prime time NetworkTV sure wouldn't have Christian singers leading that today.

arr&bee
03-20-2019, 12:58 PM
Haaaaaa,wow i don't remember ever seeing that one,but there are certain songs i don't like to see the temps do..and this is one of em,it's just a personal thing with me!

reese
03-20-2019, 02:25 PM
I ordered the Complete Shindig Set from TV Museum and the quality is not that great. This looks like good quality. One of the Sindigs I watched last night had Clara Ward & the Ward Singers & talk about goin to Church, they did it. Prime time NetworkTV sure wouldn't have Christian singers leading that today.

I ordered a complete SHINDIG! dvd set as well, from a different dealer. The video quality varies but since it probably won't ever be released officially, I'm happy with what I have.

That Clara Ward episode you mentioned is a great one. In her book, Darlene Love mentioned really enjoying that episode. Aside from the biggies like Tina and Marvin, I also enjoyed the appearances by Bessie Griffin and the Gospel Pearls and the Apollas.