PDA

View Full Version : Applebee's Current TV ad honors the Contours

test

woodward
03-08-2019, 09:32 AM
I was delighted to hear the current television ad for Applebee's which featured several lines of Do You Love Me by the Contours.

Great music background for a television commercial.

Has anyone else heard it?

marv2
03-08-2019, 03:36 PM
I haven't heard it yet and I love Applebee's. I also love when any and all of the people that contributed to Motown are recognized.

Philles/Motown Gary
03-09-2019, 01:39 AM
I haven't heard the Applebees' commercial featuring The Contours' "Do You Love Me", but here in Alabama the new Applebees' commercial is featuring Stevie's "Signed, Sealed, Delivered [[I'm Yours)". I heard it again tonight for the fourth night in a row. Cool nod to Motown in the year of their 60th Anniversary.

BigAl
03-09-2019, 02:28 PM
Applebee’s knows its target demographic, I suppose.
I hear a lot of Hitsville in grocery stores, drug stores, and my dentist's office!
Beats the hell out of Muzak.

Philles/Motown Gary
03-09-2019, 02:58 PM
For sure, BigAl! People know what's good, and, regardless of the demographic, they know that Motown is timeless! What better way to promote a popular restaurant than with music that everybody loves! Like Berry Gordy once said, "It's a two-for-one stock split"!

BigAl
03-09-2019, 03:26 PM
Hearing "Needle in a Haystack," while having one jabbed into your gums is an interesting experience!

Philles/Motown Gary
03-09-2019, 03:40 PM
HaHaHaHaHa!!! Good one! Be glad your dentist was using a needle and not a "Shotgun"!