PDA

View Full Version : Why not a special PEOPLE edition on Motown60?

test

woodward
02-16-2019, 11:21 AM
I was at the grocery store the other day and saw on the magazine rack a
special PEOPLE edition 96 page special edition on the Beatles.

Why doesn't PEOPLE issue a Motown60 special edition? I think it would sell as well as the Beatles.

What do other people think?

marv2
02-16-2019, 12:39 PM
I was at the grocery store the other day and saw on the magazine rack a
special PEOPLE edition 96 page special edition on the Beatles.

Why doesn't PEOPLE issue a Motown60 special edition? I think it would sell as well as the Beatles.

What do other people think?

I think it would sell too. Now would have been the perfect time for an issue devote to Motown's history.

jobeterob
02-16-2019, 03:20 PM
I suspect it would be out there if they believed the market was large enough and the advertising was profitable enough

PeaceNHarmony
02-16-2019, 03:39 PM
I suspect it would be out there if they believed the market was large enough and the advertising was profitable enough
Right. But another mag could/would/should do a special edition like the ones I see pop up at the supermarket; certainly someone should have published one.

biggestfourtops fan
02-16-2019, 07:59 PM
Always wondering why nothing on Motown for magazines. Always THE BEATLES, ELVIS or MICHAEL JACKSON

marv2
02-16-2019, 08:03 PM
Mary Wilson put out a special magazine on the Supremes a few years ago and it was carried everywhere.

jobeterob
02-16-2019, 08:25 PM
Right. But another mag could/would/should do a special edition like the ones I see pop up at the supermarket; certainly someone should have published one.

It would be nice but I would hope it isn’t a niche market publication

Then there would be the regular whining fans when their favourite background singers only get a picture or two

PeaceNHarmony
02-17-2019, 08:30 AM
It would be nice but I would hope it isn’t a niche market publication

Then there would be the regular whining fans when their favourite background singers only get a picture or two

Well, of course it would be. I think we need to let 'People' off the hook if such a tribute mag does not happen. People is aimed at the most middle of mid-America; if such a publication were to happen it would need be from another publishing concern.