PDA

View Full Version : National enquirer reports that diana made demands before appearing on motown 60

test

milven
02-15-2019, 12:22 PM
This is from the NATIONAL ENQUIRER, so consider the source while reading.

They report that Diana, “who ditched her childhood chums from ’60s girl group The Supremes to seek solo stardom in the ’70s”, has stuck it to them again.

She said that she would appear on the MOTOWN 60 show, only if Cindy and Mary were banned from stage.

Another demand, according to the ENQUIRER, is that she would only do the Motown show if she got a spot on the Grammy Awards Show. But at the last minute Mary and Cindy were invited to sit in audience.

Again, consider the source.

https://www.nationalenquirer.com/photos/diana-ross-bans-the-supremes-from-motown-bash/

nathanj06
02-15-2019, 12:59 PM
If true, where is all this animosity coming from after all these years once again? Isn't it time to bury the hatchet and grow up already? We've heard for quite a long time that Cindy is not all that well which would mean Diana has no empathy towards her let alone Mary. During a question and answer segment of one of Diana's shows someone asked her about Cindy and she said she had no idea where Cindy was which I found ridiculous as she could easily find her if she wanted. Then again maybe this is all hype. I for one am way past Ross's attitude which I thought she was over it. Just childish.

TheMotownManiac
02-15-2019, 01:01 PM
While the wording of her going solo is hardly objective, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if there was an edict about Mary on stage. I would do the same thing considering her penchant for ignoring the wishes of producers. I doubt that it’s true since only a tube would include bed ridden Cindy. I love it: DIRT! Anyone else leaves a group - it’s going solo - Diana leaving her group with 7 months notice is “sticking it to them”. LOL

khansperac
02-15-2019, 01:06 PM
So Cindy was there? Lol. This story was planted by someone disgruntled.

midnightman
02-15-2019, 01:27 PM
Ain't the Enquirer BANKRUPT? LOL

PeaceNHarmony
02-15-2019, 01:29 PM
It's a rather anodyne story. Essentially Diana negotiated to appear on her own terms. She's able to do so due to her historic status as an American popular music icon. Gets hoax-ey with the Cindy part, though. Thank u, next?

marv2
02-15-2019, 01:31 PM
This is from the NATIONAL ENQUIRER, so consider the source while reading.

They report that Diana, “who ditched her childhood chums from ’60s girl group The Supremes to seek solo stardom in the ’70s”, has stuck it to them again.

She said that she would appear on the MOTOWN 60 show, only if Cindy and Mary were banned from stage.

Another demand, according to the ENQUIRER, is that she would only do the Motown show if she got a spot on the Grammy Awards Show. But at the last minute Mary and Cindy were invited to sit in audience.

Again, consider the source.

https://www.nationalenquirer.com/photos/diana-ross-bans-the-supremes-from-motown-bash/

Well there you have it! Something many already knew. Diane said last year that she did not know where Mary and Cindy were ...........LOL!

marv2
02-15-2019, 01:33 PM
If true, where is all this animosity coming from after all these years once again? Isn't it time to bury the hatchet and grow up already? We've heard for quite a long time that Cindy is not all that well which would mean Diana has no empathy towards her let alone Mary. During a question and answer segment of one of Diana's shows someone asked her about Cindy and she said she had no idea where Cindy was which I found ridiculous as she could easily find her if she wanted. Then again maybe this is all hype. I for one am way past Ross's attitude which I thought she was over it. Just childish.

I would have thought by now many hardcore Diana Ross fans would have figure out that she has sociopathic tendencies to put it nicely. hehehehehehehe!

jobeterob
02-15-2019, 01:34 PM
Yea, Cindy, right.

This is pretty funny.

It's not easy to be a Supreme anymore.

bradsupremes
02-15-2019, 01:51 PM
It's the National Enquirer. How could anyone take this seriously? Look at the article. They have a photo of DMF and have it labeled as DMC. Plus everyone knows Cindy isn't well enough to go to public events anymore. Mary knows that. Berry knows that. Diana knows that. This was just an article written to stir up drama when there isn't drama around.

midnightman
02-15-2019, 02:00 PM
Cindy is really sick too.

Albator
02-15-2019, 02:14 PM
I would have thought by now many hardcore Diana Ross fans would have figure out that she has sociopathic tendencies to put it nicely. hehehehehehehe!Diana has sociopathic tendencies??? really

marv2
02-15-2019, 02:37 PM
Diana has sociopathic tendencies??? really

Yah LOL!!!

Albator
02-15-2019, 02:57 PM
To travel the world for 50 years or more, shaking hands with strangers is a feat for this sociopath. A role model of resilience and self-sacrifice :rolleyes:

marv2
02-15-2019, 03:11 PM
To travel the world for 50 years or more, shaking hands with strangers is a feat for this sociopath. A role model of resilience and self-sacrifice :rolleyes:
Shaking hands with strangers is admirable. Treating those closest to you like dogs......is not!

PeaceNHarmony
02-15-2019, 03:42 PM
It's the National Enquirer. How could anyone take this seriously? Look at the article. They have a photo of DMF and have it labeled as DMC. Plus everyone knows Cindy isn't well enough to go to public events anymore. Mary knows that. Berry knows that. Diana knows that. This was just an article written to stir up drama when there isn't drama around.
But it does prove that Diana Ross still sells! And certainly got the usual suspects here crankin', poor dears.

Roberta75
02-15-2019, 04:25 PM
Well there you have it! Something many already knew. Diane said last year that she did not know where Mary and Cindy were ...........LOL!

Oh yeah we have it. From a Trump rag that did catch and kill stories to protect President Pus*y Grabber. LMAO at the crap you buy into and spread.

Roberta75
02-15-2019, 04:26 PM
Cindy is really sick too.

And Diana knows it and is helping financially. Quitely but I know from a real good source that shes helping.

Roberta75
02-15-2019, 04:27 PM
I would have thought by now many hardcore Diana Ross fans would have figure out that she has sociopathic tendencies to put it nicely. hehehehehehehe!

Well you are certainly real familiar with sociopathic tendencies hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

jobeterob
02-15-2019, 04:37 PM
And Diana knows it and is helping financially. Quitely but I know from a real good source that shes helping.

Diana will help Mary again when she can’t work anymore and needs help

Jaap
02-15-2019, 05:05 PM
Hahaha, 1983 wants its news back.

milven
02-15-2019, 05:33 PM
This is the ENQUIRER.. How much of this can be believed? It can simply be that the producers wanted a Supreme segment and perhaps then maybe have Diana and Mary on stage together after the segment. But after being burned two times with these Supreme reunions, Diana simply said "No thanks". That is far cry from having Mary banned.

milven
02-15-2019, 05:36 PM
In this interview, Mary mentions Motown 60 and says that she and Otis were there but they did not get a mention. Then she said Diana was on as well.

https://www.kpcw.org/post/morning-mix-february-15-2019#stream/0

TheMotownManiac
02-15-2019, 05:49 PM

For heaven’s sake are you actually buying this??? Diana ross knows that Cindy Birdsong does not leave her room do you think for one minute she’s going to put in a contract that Cindy can’t go up on stage when she can’t even go to the bathroom? Don’t be ridiculous. As for Mary, she has every reason not want to be around her and that would include on television after the stance Mary pulled at Motown 25 and Motown the musical…… You could be way past Rosses attitude, but, in the same vein, you should respect the fact that Diana is way past mary‘s attitude as well and wants nothing more to do with her, it seems. She has every reason to feel that way. After Mary crashed the stage just a few years ago on Broadway, It would’ve been crazy for Diana not to have in her contract that Mary cannot come up on stage with her. If you can’t see that, you might take a look at your attitude.

marv2
02-15-2019, 07:42 PM
This now explains why everyone was there for "Motown 45".....except Diana Ross. It also explains to those that didn't know, why She never,ever shows up when The Supremes are being honored. This makes me happy that more people are finally getting to learn about the true Diana Ross! LOL!

marv2
02-15-2019, 07:56 PM

Aren't they the ones that leaked the Jeff Bezos extra marital affair story that is causing such a stir? I doubt that they had to go far to get the scoop on an old, washed up singer like Diana Ross having another in a series of temper tantrums.

bradsupremes
02-15-2019, 08:50 PM
Aren't they the ones that leaked the Jeff Bezos extra marital affair story that is causing such a stir? I doubt that they had to go far to get the scoop on an old, washed up singer like Diana Ross having another in a series of temper tantrums.

Diana Ross is not an old, washed up singer. I'm happy to see she's still enjoying success and out there performing in her diamond anniversary. She still puts on a great show and I'd be thrilled to see her again if she ever came back to town. She hasn't lost her ability to captivate an audience and from what we saw at the Grammys and clips from the Motown 60 taping, audiences still love her.

Yes, the National Enquirer is owned by David Pecker who tried to blackmail Jeff Bezos. Their article about Diana is just another attempt to stir drama. I don't think there is any merit to it about her demanding her former partners not being allowed to attend. It was a show that was open to public after all. While I do believe she doesn't want to share a stage with Mary, I don't think she would ever attempt to have Mary blacklisted from Motown events. Whatever their relationship, she knows and respects Mary's importance to the Supremes and Motown, but feels it best to keep her distance. I had a friend who I still love and wish him all the best, but I don't feel comfortable being around him because of our major differences.

daviddh
02-15-2019, 08:58 PM
yawn. i think we know the deal by now.

PeaceNHarmony
02-15-2019, 08:59 PM
Diana will help Mary again when she can’t work anymore and needs help
And needs $, don't forget. Wonder if Wilson made enough cash from telling the Enquirer this 'story' to get her son into a new trailer park? Hope so. Mama Ferrerr sure ain't leaving her kids any Ross estate $ !!!

PeaceNHarmony
02-15-2019, 09:01 PM
You are right on, Ms. Roberta. I know that from an insider as well. Best to you always.

luke
02-15-2019, 09:29 PM
Have no idea if story is true but the NE has broken some major stories. From what I have heard Cindy may have been able to sit in the audience. Maybe it could give her some joy. Diana really needs to get over herself. Pathetic if it’s true. I sure hope Mary tells it like it is in her new book.

marv2
02-15-2019, 09:33 PM
Have no idea if story is true but the NE has broken some major stories. From what I have heard Cindy may have been able to sit in the audience. Maybe it could give her some joy. Diana really needs to get over herself. Pathetic if it’s true. I sure hope Mary tells it like it is in her new book.

It's true. Diana Ross severely needs mental and spiritual help before it is too late. She will never be a huge star again, but at least she could be helped to become a better person before she dies.

marv2
02-15-2019, 09:36 PM
Diana Ross is not an old, washed up singer.

I'm sorry but she is. She is 75 years old. Has not had a hit record or a successful anything in the last 35 years and her voice cracks when she tries to sing now. I would guess that 75-80% of that Grammy audience the other night weren't even born when she had her last hit song on the radio.

Roberta75
02-15-2019, 09:58 PM

Pathetic that you and your BFF believe this cra*p.

BayouMotownMan
02-15-2019, 10:12 PM

Marv you wanted to bash in Gene Simmons head a while back, a man you've never met, and you say Ross has sociopathic tendencies?

The story is fabricated clearly. Dear Cindy is in no condition to appear at such an event and Ross, who keeps in touch with Cindy, knows this and has been trying to protect her.

jobeterob
02-16-2019, 12:37 AM
Not sure what’s more amusing, Marv and his boyfriend or the national ENQUIRER

I wonder if they are going to cut Martha Reeves song from the broadcast; I hope not; I read that she sang Nowhere to Run

vgalindo
02-16-2019, 01:48 AM
Marv old washed up singers do not get all this prime time exposure. Honored at the AMA last year, Macy's Thanksgiving parade, Rockefeller tree lighting, NBC New Years Eve Special, Grammy Awards birthday celebration. Not to mention the Billboards 3rd Dance artist of the year with 2 #1 dance charts hits. And did I mention next month her "Life, Love and Legacy" being shown in theatres around the world? This must be killing you and your boy friend. I feel sorry you are having to endure so much pain watching Diana Ross shine!

detmotownguy
02-16-2019, 02:25 AM
Shaking hands with strangers is admirable. Treating those closest to you like dogs......is not!
I wonder how many rolls of quarters she went through ratting her label mates.

bradsupremes
02-16-2019, 02:54 AM
I wonder if they are going to cut Martha Reeves song from the broadcast; I hope not; I read that she sang Nowhere to Run

She did. I saw a brief clip someone filmed and it wasn’t good. Don’t be surprised if it’s cut from the show just like when they cut her segment from Motown 45. If Martha lowered the keys to her songs and got a vocal coach to tell her to cut all the vibrato she pushes to the extreme she’d sound so much better. She sounds like she’s been sitting on a paint shaker at a Sherwin-Williams.

On the other hand, I heard Thelma Houston brought the house down with an awesome performance of “Don’t Leave Me This Way.” I can’t wait to see that. She still sounds just as amazing. I guess we’ll have to see what is edited in and out in April.

Bluebrock
02-16-2019, 03:53 AM
Marv you wanted to bash in Gene Simmons head a while back, a man you've never met, and you say Ross has sociopathic tendencies?

The story is fabricated clearly. Dear Cindy is in no condition to appear at such an event and Ross, who keeps in touch with Cindy, knows this and has been trying to protect her.
Just imagine what must be going through this individuals mind when he wants to bash the head in of someone he does not even know. It pretty much tells us all we need to know about him, yet he accuse someone else of having sociopathic tendencies? You really couldn't make this up.

Albator
02-16-2019, 04:05 AM
It's true. Diana Ross severely needs mental and spiritual help before it is too late. She will never be a huge star again, but at least she could be helped to become a better person before she dies.
Why not, but also maybe your sense of observation is eroded by personal issues or by the frustration of backing the wrong horse for so long :[[

motownlover1964
02-16-2019, 10:19 AM
This has got to be the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen on Soulful Detroit. How can anyone get their panties in a bunch and argue back and forth over a supposed "news" story printed in the National Enquirer?

milven
02-16-2019, 10:23 AM
I just read that John Legend performed “Mercy Me” and Ne-Yo sang The Jackson 5′s “I’ll Be There.” So Michael wasn't totally erased from the show. But it would have been nice to have the surviving brothers on, especially Jermaine, who also had solo hits. Ciara, in a Rick James-like wig sang“Give It to Me Baby,”

Did not read of any kind of Supremes or Tempts tribute. Were the non performing Motown artists that were sitting in the audience at least shown and identified with their names on the screen? Info is coming out in bits and pieces, much like the era of Motown 25 at the time.

Diana Ross brought attendees to their feet when she opened her set singing “My Man” to Berry Gordy while sitting next to him.

“This is your legacy,” she told Gordy. “I want you to know that you have been a gift to all of us.”

marv2
02-16-2019, 10:24 AM
Why not, but also maybe your sense of observation is eroded by personal issues or by the frustration of backing the wrong horse for so long :[[

No, what I am saying is on the money. Could you imagine Levi Stubbs telling a producer that the only way he would appear and sing is if Lawrence, Duke and Obie are banned from stepping foot on the stage? Heck no! Diana Ross is a creep and has always been one!

marv2
02-16-2019, 10:25 AM

I also don't think a normal person could truly admire someone with her personal characteristics. Her music is not all that great either.

TheMotownManiac
02-16-2019, 10:57 AM
No, what I am saying is on the money. Could you imagine Levi Stubbs telling a producer that the only way he would appear and sing is if Lawrence, Duke and Obie are banned from stepping foot on the stage? Heck no! Diana Ross is a creep and has always been one!

i checked with my friend who worked the event. He sniffed around and he didn’t know if it was true - all he said was that Ross had things they way she wanted- including a seat in front with her family so she could watch John Legend, taping her set out of sequence so she could leave early . Perhaps she felt working 6 out of 7 nights was wearing her out, who knows? They could have said no. They could have paraded Mary up on the stage after Ross left if they wanted.

if one of The Tops was a psychotic nut case who just did what she wanted in high profile situations to the horror and distraction of the planned program, I’m sure he would. Thankfully, none of The Tops has Mary’s issues and past record of misbehaving. Diana didn’t gave her banned from the stage. She said she would not appear if Marybwere on stage. The Grammys could easily have said, “OK, we’ll go with Mary - thanks anyway” but they didn’t. You don’t seem to understand that Diana appears to not want anything to do with Mary. She doesn’t have Mary banned from Supremes honors, she just chooses not to attend. What’s the big deal? Ross’ history with Mary in public is one of unpleasantness and turmoil - why shake the devil by the tail yet again? I’ve not attended things in the past because of not wanting to be in the company of a certain individual. IF this is partly true, it’s totally understandable.

‘If Diana and Mary are indeed closer than people think, as Mary says, and they are “in touch” she should have rung her up to discuss it.

jobeterob
02-16-2019, 01:01 PM
There are fantastic videos and photos of this event all over Facebook - Suzanne, Marvin Gaye the 3rd, dozens of Gordys, former wives

There were pictures of the Supremes

If they didn’t really want Mary, they didn’t want her

nathanj06
02-16-2019, 01:27 PM
For heaven’s sake are you actually buying this??? Diana ross knows that Cindy Birdsong does not leave her room do you think for one minute she’s going to put in a contract that Cindy can’t go up on stage when she can’t even go to the bathroom? Don’t be ridiculous. As for Mary, she has every reason not want to be around her and that would include on television after the stance Mary pulled at Motown 25 and Motown the musical…… You could be way past Rosses attitude, but, in the same vein, you should respect the fact that Diana is way past mary‘s attitude as well and wants nothing more to do with her, it seems. She has every reason to feel that way. After Mary crashed the stage just a few years ago on Broadway, It would’ve been crazy for Diana not to have in her contract that Mary cannot come up on stage with her. If you can’t see that, you might take a look at your attitude.

Am I buying this? No. Can you read? I said it could all be hype and frankly don't care. Take your obsessive Ross crap and shove it. I saw a post and simply responded with my opinion. Some of you have mental disorders and for crissake don't blow a jugular over it. You are one of a few as to why people leave this forum with your Supremes hysteria. Get over it.

Albator
02-16-2019, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry but she is. She is 75 years old. Has not had a hit record or a successful anything in the last 35 years and her voice cracks when she tries to sing now. I would guess that 75-80% of that Grammy audience the other night weren't even born when she had her last hit song on the radio.
If you think all this bad about her, it must be hurtful for you to see how much she is acclaimed, worshipped. Especially between 2018 and 2019. You must think that others would deserve to have everything that Diana Ross receives, and has received in her life. Your frustration may explain the stubbornness you put into trying to get her off her pedestal. Putting so much energy and consistency into your hatred of Diana Ross shows, on the contrary, that she must be very important, because otherwise, she would have fallen long ago and you would no longer have to do it.

paul_nixon
02-16-2019, 02:29 PM
If you think all this bad about her, it must be hurtful for you to see how much she is acclaimed, worshipped. Especially between 2018 and 2019. You must think that others would deserve to have everything that Diana Ross receives, and has received in her life. Your frustration may explain the stubbornness you put into trying to get her off her pedestal. Putting so much energy and consistency into your hatred of Diana Ross shows, on the contrary, that she must be very important, because otherwise, she would have fallen long ago and you would no longer have to do it.

Stupid fake news story - I cannot see how she would have any power to demand anything anyway - surely they would just say don't take part then to any demands - it's not like she's a major star with diva demands that they have to give in to.

Albator
02-16-2019, 02:33 PM
Stupid fake news story - I cannot see how she would have any power to demand anything anyway - surely they would just say don't take part then to any demands - it's not like she's a major star with diva demands that they have to give in to.Maybe she is

Bluebrock
02-16-2019, 02:36 PM
I also don't think a normal person could truly admire someone with her personal characteristics. Her music is not all that great either.

And pray tell, do you regard yourself as a "normal person"? I cannot wait for this response. It should be a corker!!!

daviddh
02-16-2019, 03:01 PM
i doubt that Diana would say Mary cant be there but,.. probably said no to a Supremes reunion. no biggie after Mary has screwed up every chance of reunion. sad but at this point no one cares really. i think we now know the deal and who the problem is. we all know its never going to happen. but I am sure they could have had Mary sing with the other ladies of the 70s.

Roberta75
02-16-2019, 03:03 PM
And pray tell, do you regard yourself as a "normal person"? I cannot wait for this response. It should be a corker!!!

Its fascinating and real real disturbing that this sad person spends all of his time day after day trashing a woman he clearly despises. Im not a fan of Gladys Knight. In my opinion shes phony but I rarely ever go into Gladys Knight threads. The only time shes ever bothered me is when she trashed Colin Kaepernick over his brave stance on the National anthem. Other than that im not interested in her phony you know what. LOL

jobeterob
02-16-2019, 03:22 PM
i doubt that Diana would say Mary cant be there but,.. probably said no to a Supremes reunion. no biggie after Mary has screwed up every chance of reunion. sad but at this point no one cares really. i think we now know the deal and who the problem is. we all know its never going to happen. but I am sure they could have had Mary sing with the other ladies of the 70s.

Good point

But maybe they wouldn’t sing with her

The Grammys told Ariana Grande to kiss their keister meister and I’m sure they wouldn’t bother that much with Motown stars of the past

Marv is a plant to keep the Forum flourishing; a weed type of plant though

Albator
02-16-2019, 03:23 PM
Its fascinating and real real disturbing that this sad person spends all of his time day after day trashing a woman he clearly despises. Im not a fan of Gladys Knight. In my opinion shes phony but I rarely ever go into Gladys Knight threads. The only time shes ever bothered me is when she trashed Colin Kaepernick over his brave stance on the National anthem. Other than that im not interested in her phony you know what. LOLHe simply behaves like a little child who believed that the mother of his dream, Mary Wilson, was the most beautiful, the best and unlucky, it is Diana that everyone sees and wants... Even Wilson would like to be Diana. It would be less painful for him if Wilson got a little bit of recognition or if she had a hit or two by herself.

Roberta75
02-16-2019, 03:45 PM
He simply behaves like a little child who believed that the mother of his dream, Mary Wilson, was the most beautiful, the best and unlucky, it is Diana that everyone sees and wants... Even Wilson would like to be Diana. It would be less painful for him if Wilson got a little bit of recognition or if she had a hit or two by herself.

If he cared about Ms. Wilson he would go see her in concert. He repeatedly says "Im gonna try to go" but never ever makes it. Hes only interested in Diane Diane Diane Diane Diane Diane. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Circa 1824
02-16-2019, 08:15 PM
Of course, Ross had demands. All big stars have demands and they are honored.

Mary Wilson is totally superfluous when Diana Ross is present. Wilson is not needed nor welcome when Ross is present. When Ross is not present, Wilson is "used" as a stand-in for the big star. Kookoo Wilson knows this perfectly well.

Kookoo Wilson's hostile and aggressive barging onto the Motown the Musical stage, and forcing an unplanned and unwelcome reunion with Ross in front of the world will never be forgiven. NEVER.

This unbelievable episode was preceded by many many years of Wilson scathingly bashing Ross during her book and RTL interviews. Kookoo is persona non grata in the big star's world, now and forever. Kookoo needs to stop the BS about their being friends.

jobeterob
02-16-2019, 08:19 PM
If he cared about Ms. Wilson he would go see her in concert. He repeatedly says "Im gonna try to go" but never ever makes it. Hes only interested in Diane Diane Diane Diane Diane Diane. Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Diane made him behave at her concert which hurt

It would not be easy being a Supreme around Diana or even being another singer - lol for example, Gladys! I really think this is why fans like Andy and Brad give Mary the benefit of the doubt and speak kindly of her. Marv does her a terrible disservice and she says so.

But Martha Reeves and Claudette Robinson did fine around Diana

Roberta75
02-16-2019, 08:34 PM
Diane made him behave at her concert which hurt

It would not be easy being a Supreme around Diana or even being another singer - lol for example, Gladys! I really think this is why fans like Andy and Brad give Mary the benefit of the doubt and speak kindly of her. Marv does her a terrible disservice and she says so.

But Martha Reeves and Claudette Robinson did fine around Diana

I was introduced to Miss Ross by the great Martha Reeves in Detroit in 2004 after her concert and she was real, happy to see Dr Reeves and was real sweet to me as well.

jobeterob
02-16-2019, 09:44 PM
How very cool!

Well Martha is on my Facebook as are some Contours and Miracles and Supremes

I bet some of us are jealous!

midnightman
02-17-2019, 12:10 AM
I was introduced to Miss Ross by the great Martha Reeves in Detroit in 2004 after her concert and she was real, happy to see Dr Reeves and was real sweet to me as well.

Cool story! :)

Roberta75
02-17-2019, 02:06 AM
Cool story! :)

I was visiting family in the Highland Park are off Detroit and a cousin got me tickets to the Diana Ross at Detroit Opera House. I was so happy I cried and my other cousin Tatiana knew Miss Reeves and theyd been discussing Martha running for city council in the Spring of 2005. It was a real big surprise when we met Miss Reeves before and then just after Dianas fantastic concert. Id gushed about how I loved Martha nd she hugged me and Tati told Martha I also loved Miss Ross. Martha took my hand and walked me backstage with her. Miss Reeves amnd Miss Ross hugged and kissed each other and then Martha and Miss Ross went to a corner for a 10 minute private conversattion. When we left the opera House Miss reeves gave me a real big hug [[Dr Reeves gives great hugs) and told my cousin Tati she would talk to her next week. I didnt sleep a lick that night and have to say its one of the most memorable nights of my life.

lucky2012
02-17-2019, 02:21 AM
Wonderful story! Thank you for sharing this with us. I love this forum.

jobeterob
02-17-2019, 02:24 AM
Another great SD story!

Bluebrock
02-17-2019, 03:41 AM
I can think of someone around here who needs "mental and spiritual help",but it sure as hell ain't Diana!

Bluebrock
02-17-2019, 03:52 AM
I was visiting family in the Highland Park are off Detroit and a cousin got me tickets to the Diana Ross at Detroit Opera House. I was so happy I cried and my other cousin Tatiana knew Miss Reeves and theyd been discussing Martha running for city council in the Spring of 2005. It was a real big surprise when we met Miss Reeves before and then just after Dianas fantastic concert. Id gushed about how I loved Martha nd she hugged me and Tati told Martha I also loved Miss Ross. Martha took my hand and walked me backstage with her. Miss Reeves amnd Miss Ross hugged and kissed each other and then Martha and Miss Ross went to a corner for a 10 minute private conversattion. When we left the opera House Miss reeves gave me a real big hug [[Dr Reeves gives great hugs) and told my cousin Tati she would talk to her next week. I didnt sleep a lick that night and have to say its one of the most memorable nights of my life.
Lovely story Roberta.Glad you got to see the real Diana rather than the one portrayed on here by Marv and his boyfriend Luke.

PeaceNHarmony
02-17-2019, 08:38 AM
I was visiting family in the Highland Park are off Detroit and a cousin got me tickets to the Diana Ross at Detroit Opera House. I was so happy I cried and my other cousin Tatiana knew Miss Reeves and theyd been discussing Martha running for city council in the Spring of 2005. It was a real big surprise when we met Miss Reeves before and then just after Dianas fantastic concert. Id gushed about how I loved Martha nd she hugged me and Tati told Martha I also loved Miss Ross. Martha took my hand and walked me backstage with her. Miss Reeves amnd Miss Ross hugged and kissed each other and then Martha and Miss Ross went to a corner for a 10 minute private conversattion. When we left the opera House Miss reeves gave me a real big hug [[Dr Reeves gives great hugs) and told my cousin Tati she would talk to her next week. I didnt sleep a lick that night and have to say its one of the most memorable nights of my life.So we finally get the full story, and it was waiting for! What a wonderful experience for you to meet these 2 legendary ladies and actually see them together! I only wish I could have heard the personal conversation between Dr. Reeves and Diana as well! It seems that when true ladies treat each other wish well-deserved class and dignity they are able to maintain ongoing relationships! As always, best blessings to you, Ms. Roberta!

PeaceNHarmony
02-17-2019, 08:40 AM
Lovely story Roberta.Glad you got to see the real Diana rather than the one portrayed on here by Marv and his boyfriend Luke.
... I'd like to joke that they dress up as Bette and Joan to bi@!h-fest together but that would insult two tribes of my own people. So I won't. Really. I won't. I never said it. At all.

Roberta75
02-17-2019, 11:46 AM
Thankl you everyone its a memory that stays with me and a highlight of my life. Have a blessed Sunday everyone.

jobeterob
02-17-2019, 03:06 PM
I see Diana referred to as Auntie on Facebook bosoms of the Gordy’s who seem to have a high regard for her

vgalindo
02-17-2019, 04:53 PM

Wow Roberta how exciting. What a wonderful experience. I would have died. I love these two ladies so much.

TomatoTom123
02-17-2019, 08:52 PM
The amount of shade being thrown in this thread is ridiculous, SOMEONE OPEN THE CURTAINS LOLOLOL

PeaceNHarmony
02-17-2019, 09:26 PM
The amount of shade being thrown in this thread is ridiculous, SOMEONE OPEN THE CURTAINS LOLOLOL
T-Tom. T-T-T-Tom. T-T-T. YOU have claimed to not be gay by yourself. Yet, you refer to this
'shade' whilst listening to BARBRA EFFIN' STREISAND AFTER MIDNIGHT ON A SUNDAY!!! How, I ask, am I to ... process??

captainjames
02-17-2019, 10:10 PM

I have been saying this for 19 years now. Diana is not going on that stage with Mary and anyone with half a brain should know why. As far as any demands saying Mary and Cindy could not attend is BS.

TomatoTom123
02-17-2019, 10:29 PM
T-Tom. T-T-T-Tom. T-T-T. YOU have claimed to not be gay by yourself. Yet, you refer to this
'shade' whilst listening to BARBRA EFFIN' STREISAND AFTER MIDNIGHT ON A SUNDAY!!! How, I ask, am I to ... process??

AHHHH THIS MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD. LISTEN PNH, I will give you this: I can be, and often am, CAMP AF. Ok?

TomatoTom123
02-17-2019, 10:31 PM
And for the record MR PNH, this is the first time I have EVER listened to a Barbra Streisand album, and I only did so because of the Barry Gibb connection. So there. GAY, SHMAY!

marybrewster
02-18-2019, 12:10 AM

Girl, this thread is re-donk-ulous. Better than an episode of Drag Race.

Bluebrock
02-18-2019, 03:38 AM
... I'd like to joke that they dress up as Bette and Joan to bi@!h-fest together but that would insult two tribes of my own people. So I won't. Really. I won't. I never said it. At all.
Ha ha.I hear you, i hear you! This pair of old dames could have given Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon a run for their money in the Feud mini series!

midnightman
02-18-2019, 01:53 PM
Girl, this thread is re-donk-ulous. Better than an episode of Drag Race.

Drag Race would be better if they picked better winners than they do, gurl... LOL

https://media3.giphy.com/media/26BRJcNYE72ZyIkmY/giphy.gif

simplysupreme
02-18-2019, 04:35 PM
And needs $, don't forget. Wonder if Wilson made enough cash from telling the Enquirer this 'story' to get her son into a new trailer park? Hope so. Mama Ferrerr sure ain't leaving her kids any Ross estate $ !!!

Bingo! If Mary didn't plant this story, one of her cronies [[Friedman, Bego) did. If the Grammy organization felt she had any relevancy, they would have made a spot for her in the show. Face it, she's a part of history that deserves a seat, in the audience.

captainjames
02-18-2019, 05:43 PM
Bingo! If Mary didn't plant this story, one of her cronies [[Friedman, Bego) did. If the Grammy organization felt she had any relevancy, they would have made a spot for her in the show. Face it, she's a part of history that deserves a seat, in the audience.

That would just be so messed up if true.

jobeterob
02-19-2019, 02:41 AM
That would just be so messed up if true.

I prefer to believe she is not that kind of person

PeaceNHarmony
02-19-2019, 08:32 AM
Would be nice if she weren't. Or her minions. I can't help but wonder how different things would be for Wilson if she hadn't pulled the red-dress stunt at M25 and had made wiser decisions about RTL. Just those 2 poorly thought-out and grandstanding decisions landed her a random seat in the audience at M60 and a grueling life of low-paying neighborhood free oldies concerts and a non-existent solo recording career.

milven
02-19-2019, 11:00 AM

I don't think Mary was responsible for planting this story. But I also agree that the events that happened at Motown 25, Motown The Musical, and the RTL negotiations and Prime Time Live TV interview, makes it unlikely that Mary and Diana will ever appear on stage together.

In this thread, Diana is referred to as a 75 year washed up has been. But I just read that she is booked for Radio City Music Hall. Does not sound washed up in any way.

The legendary Diana Ross celebrated her upcoming 75th birthday with a performance at the Grammys, and she’s keeping the celebration going with a just-announced show at NYC’s iconic Radio City Music Hall on June 22. Tickets for that show go on sale Friday [[2/22) at 10 AM.

Diana’s also got more shows in her ongoing Vegas residency this week, and she has other shows later this year including one at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. All known dates are listed below.

motownlover1964
02-19-2019, 12:03 PM
I've been a fan since 1964 and am still a fan. At times I shook my head with some of her decisions but then no one is perfect. No matter the derogatory comments made about her over the past 50 years I can only say that if she was so mean and awful as some believe then why is her life blessed with a career that is still going strong, a loving and close family and all of the honors over the past years? She's always taken the high road and that can't be easy when detractors come at her from all sides; but she still takes the high road. I love her and am glad that she is still with us.

lakeside
02-19-2019, 12:33 PM
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EMjNOPeLeWY/XGm_OAlcpEI/AAAAAAABKrw/SuRzw8g5DPYvIQf0ir5_zuvneViDfD22ACLcBGAs/s400/IMG_3204.GIF [[https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EMjNOPeLeWY/XGm_OAlcpEI/AAAAAAABKrw/SuRzw8g5DPYvIQf0ir5_zuvneViDfD22ACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_3204.GIF)

jim aka jtigre99
02-19-2019, 02:52 PM
This is the National Enquirer, they labeled Florence in the picture as Cindy Birdsong.Cindy is far too ill to go out in public to sit in the audience from what we have been told. The young producers screwed up. Not only was Mary Wilson ignored, not on the show and not even introduced-what about Otis Williams, Claudette Robinson, Valerie Simpson, Scherrie Payne, et al. Any one of them could have gone up there and did a small speech on the legendary groups and introduce the people in the audience. I am sure there will be plenty of forgettable segments and something like that would have paid homage and given respect to the legendary Motown artists invited to sit and watch this show without giving them any dignity or respect by at least acknowledging them.

PeaceNHarmony
02-19-2019, 02:55 PM
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EMjNOPeLeWY/XGm_OAlcpEI/AAAAAAABKrw/SuRzw8g5DPYvIQf0ir5_zuvneViDfD22ACLcBGAs/s400/IMG_3204.GIF [[https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EMjNOPeLeWY/XGm_OAlcpEI/AAAAAAABKrw/SuRzw8g5DPYvIQf0ir5_zuvneViDfD22ACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_3204.GIF)
It's gonna be a bumpy night ...

sansradio
02-19-2019, 05:02 PM
It's gonna be a bumpy night ...

"IF my guests do not like it here, I suggest that they accompany you to the nursery...where I am SURE you will ALL feel more at home.":D

jobeterob
02-19-2019, 08:01 PM
This is the National Enquirer, they labeled Florence in the picture as Cindy Birdsong.Cindy is far too ill to go out in public to sit in the audience from what we have been told. The young producers screwed up. Not only was Mary Wilson ignored, not on the show and not even introduced-what about Otis Williams, Claudette Robinson, Valerie Simpson, Scherrie Payne, et al. Any one of them could have gone up there and did a small speech on the legendary groups and introduce the people in the audience. I am sure there will be plenty of forgettable segments and something like that would have paid homage and given respect to the legendary Motown artists invited to sit and watch this show without giving them any dignity or respect by at least acknowledging them.

A thoughtful post; no one singled out Mary Wilson; it's just they are young producers that need to turn out a buck or they won't be asked to do anything else; as you point out, there were others that were there too - and they either were unknown or not cared about either. But they could have been acknowledged in the manner you set out - which would have been very nice.

I noticed on the Grammy Awards, Valerie Simpson was shown a couple of times when Diana was singing; for those of us that know her, that was nice to see.

Not everything in the world is a conspiracy; not everyone lies like Donald Trump; not everyone obsessively likes or despises a celebrity. If one were to take Marv's post above and put Mary Wilson's name in place of Diana's Ross, you'd get something like Mary never had a hit record ever, her voice was never able to reach any relatively high note without cracking etc. To what point? No one really gives a shit.

Levi Stubbs Tears
02-19-2019, 08:22 PM
This thread is just as funny as reading any edition of the National Enquirer - thanks all! lol

bradsupremes
02-19-2019, 08:32 PM
I noticed on the Grammy Awards, Valerie Simpson was shown a couple of times when Diana was singing; for those of us that know her, that was nice to see.

There is a segment in the special where Valerie is onstage with Mickey Stevenson, HDH, and Smokey in a Motown songwriters segment. Apparently this was a highlight of the special. I look forward to seeing this.

BayouMotownMan
02-19-2019, 08:48 PM
Actually, I am dreading the broadcast of Motown 60. This is the first reunion since that awful Motown 45 broadcast which was so bad it wasn't even put out on DVD.

I saw Ross at the Grammy's. While she looked great, her voice was unsure, cracked a couple times, was flat once or twice. I just think it is a bad idea to gather these senior citizens, who now range in age from 75 to 80+ and expect them to sound the way they did at 22. I have heard Smokey a time or two in recent years and he's still pretty ok and Gladys Knight is remarkable.

It's time to know when to stop. In the case of most of the artists we are arguing over, they just can't give it up.

I'm especially incensed at the National Enquirer for publishing what is obviously false information. To drag poor Cindy B into this mess when she is in a world of her own and requires respect is beyond bad taste. But then, this is the Enquirer.

If Mary was invited to be in the audience, well hey guys, that's an improvement for her because for virtually all other Motown reunions she was not invited at all. It's important to Mary to settle things between she and Diana before it's too late and Mary has said so. So for this reason alone I do not believe Mary or anybody in her camp planted a story. I think it's just the long out-of-control media digging up old crap and putting it over new crap just to get a story.

Maybe it will bring in more viewers.

jobeterob
02-19-2019, 08:50 PM
There is a segment in the special where Valerie is onstage with Mickey Stevenson, HDH, and Smokey in a Motown songwriters segment. Apparently this was a highlight of the special. I look forward to seeing this.

I saw Facebook pictures of HDH together with Smokey Mickey Valerie

jobeterob
02-19-2019, 08:52 PM
Actually, I am dreading the broadcast of Motown 60. This is the first reunion since that awful Motown 45 broadcast which was so bad it wasn't even put out on DVD.

I saw Ross at the Grammy's. While she looked great, her voice was unsure, cracked a couple times, was flat once or twice. I just think it is a bad idea to gather these senior citizens, who now range in age from 75 to 80+ and expect them to sound the way they did at 22. I have heard Smokey a time or two in recent years and he's still pretty ok and Gladys Knight is remarkable.

It's time to know when to stop. In the case of most of the artists we are arguing over, they just can't give it up.

I'm especially incensed at the National Enquirer for publishing what is obviously false information. To drag poor Cindy B into this mess when she is in a world of her own and requires respect is beyond bad taste. But then, this is the Enquirer.

If Mary was invited to be in the audience, well hey guys, that's an improvement for her because for virtually all other Motown reunions she was not invited at all. It's important to Mary to settle things between she and Diana before it's too late and Mary has said so. So for this reason alone I do not believe Mary or anybody in her camp planted a story. I think it's just the long out-of-control media digging up old crap and putting it over new crap just to get a story.

Maybe it will bring in more viewers.

I think everything is settled - one decided that long ago with support from family, Berry, Smokey etc

It’s a done deal

PeaceNHarmony
02-19-2019, 09:14 PM

Maybe it will bring in more viewers.Things were settled with Diana and Wilson years ago. Diana's moved on. Others need to as well.

PeaceNHarmony
02-19-2019, 09:15 PM
"IF my guests do not like it here, I suggest that they accompany you to the nursery...where I am SURE you will ALL feel more at home.":D
LOVE IT! :p:p

marv2
02-20-2019, 12:58 AM
Now I wonder if Diana Ross is the reason Lionel Richie cancelled at the last minute. Too bad. They could have sang their hit "Endless Love" one last time........hehehehehehehehehehe!

Boogiedown
02-20-2019, 02:53 AM
Marv, you are so good at this. hehehehehehehehehe!

Bluebrock
02-20-2019, 03:56 AM
Now I wonder if Diana Ross is the reason Lionel Richie cancelled at the last minute. Too bad. They could have sang their hit "Endless Love" one last time........hehehehehehehehehehe!
Well i am sure you and your boyfriend have been desperately searching for anything, just anything to try and find some grain of truth in this "would be allegation" of yours in a desperate last ditch attempt to restore some credibility to your bruised ego. I pity you. I really do.

Ollie9
02-20-2019, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE=BayouMotownMan.

If Mary was invited to be in the audience, well hey guys, that's an improvement for her because for virtually all other Motown reunions she was not invited at all.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you on all points although i am still looking forward to seeing Diana sing "My Man and "Good Morning Heartache as i think she still performs jazz songs very well.
Of all the one time motown acts, for me Gladys Knights voice has held up the best. Her recent performance of "Chandelier" was phenomenal!!.
Dare i say it, Marys Wilson is also holding up rather well as is Ron Isley.

BayouMotownMan
02-20-2019, 10:25 AM

I wonder if Mary Wilson will try to fire the entire cast and hire cheap amateurs so she can pocket more money like she did in that disastrous Sophisticated Ladies tour. hehehehehehehhe

PeaceNHarmony
02-20-2019, 10:33 AM
I wonder if Mary Wilson will try to fire the entire cast and hire cheap amateurs so she can pocket more money like she did in that disastrous Sophisticated Ladies tour. hehehehehehehhe
Probably. That's what she does. Did the same think with her disastrous Lena Horne tribute and her disastrous Branson 'residency' [[even the promise of free popcorn and massages couldn't move tickets to that gig). That, and total lack of public recognition, are what led her to a life of free neighborhood/ditch concerts and paid appearances at C-level charities. But sadly she loses the money anyway, poor dear. Nearly 80 years old and nothing to show for it. Bet she wishes she had that RTL cash now! At least she doesn't have to worry about Enquirer sham stories; even the Enquirer knows not a soul in America would buy a copy of their rag to read a Merry Wiltsong story.

PeaceNHarmony
02-20-2019, 10:35 AM
Well i am sure you and your boyfriend have been desperately searching for anything, just anything to try and find some grain of truth in this "would be allegation" of yours in a desperate last ditch attempt to restore some credibility to your bruised ego. I pity you. I really do.Reminds me of the 'president' here in the US and his minions, still wasting their lives scrutinizing the internet for spurious claims 10 years after the beloved President Obama's first victory. '300 pounds sitting on the bed', indeed. #laughingstock!

Albator
02-20-2019, 11:12 AM
I totally agree with you on all points although i am still looking forward to seeing Diana sing "My Man and "Good Morning Heartache as i think she still performs jazz songs very well.
Of all the one time motown acts, for me Gladys Knights voice has held up the best. Her recent performance of "Chandelier" was phenomenal!!.
Dare i say it, Marys Wilson is also holding up rather well as is Ron Isley.In "I Tina", Turner analysed that rough and coarse voices like his own and Gladys' aged better.

vgalindo
02-20-2019, 03:33 PM
In "I Tina", Turner analysed that rough and coarse voices like his own and Gladys' aged better.
Yes I was just saying that. Gladys and Tina have always had deep voices. When woman get older their voices get deeper like Dionne, Barbra, etc. The people complain their voices have changed so much. It is less noticeable when you had a deep voice all your life like Gladys Knight when people comment on her voice they say it never changed. Mary Wilson is another example of a deep voice.

TheMotownManiac
02-20-2019, 04:40 PM
I don’t understand what all the hub-bub is about. It’s clearly ANY artist’s right to say, “I don’t want to be on stage with ___, so if you want them, count me out. If you want me, count them out.” Diana didn’t have Mary band from the stage, Diana gave them a choice of who they wanted on stage and they made the choice of diana ross. Mary knows exactly why, and I think Diana has every reason to want to not be around her And I don’t see anything wrong with that. If I was being invited to a party, and someone who was going to be at the party would make me ultra uncomfortable in anyway shape or form, I would simply say you know “thank you for asking me but since blank is going to be there I just don’t want to go as our history is an unpleasant one…. have a lovely time!”

I just don’t see anything wrong with this. And I think it could very easily be true. I do not believe that she made the comment about Cindy, because she knows that Cindy couldn’t be there… Maybe the inquirer got second or third hand information… I think it’s true. And I don’t see anything wrong with it

Ollie9
02-20-2019, 05:35 PM
In "I Tina", Turner analysed that rough and coarse voices like his own and Gladys' aged better.

I don't think it's just a case of having a deeper singing voice that makes a loss of range more noticible in female singers as they age. It's also about voice strength, being able to hit all the right notes and controlling that vibrato. Thats why i think Gladys Knight is so remarkable. Her voice sounds virtually the same as it did in the 70's

PeaceNHarmony
02-20-2019, 07:45 PM
I don’t understand what all the hub-bub is about. It’s clearly ANY artist’s right to say, “I don’t want to be on stage with ___, so if you want them, count me out. If you want me, count them out.” Diana didn’t have Mary band from the stage, Diana gave them a choice of who they wanted on stage and they made the choice of diana ross. Mary knows exactly why, and I think Diana has every reason to want to not be around her And I don’t see anything wrong with that. If I was being invited to a party, and someone who was going to be at the party would make me ultra uncomfortable in anyway shape or form, I would simply say you know “thank you for asking me but since blank is going to be there I just don’t want to go as our history is an unpleasant one…. have a lovely time!”

I just don’t see anything wrong with this. And I think it could very easily be true. I do not believe that she made the comment about Cindy, because she knows that Cindy couldn’t be there… Maybe the inquirer got second or third hand information… I think it’s true. And I don’t see anything wrong with it You are absolutely correct. Every name performer gets to have contract riders / conditions. And I would not be a bit surprised if Diana had a 'No Supremes Reunion' clause in hers. And no one sane would blame her. Smokey probably has a similar no Miracles clause. But the Wilson fans have been delusional for over 50 years so why would they stop spreading spurious non-stories now?

jobeterob
02-21-2019, 01:40 AM
There are only 2 delusional Wilson fans on here

Levi Stubbs Tears
02-21-2019, 05:15 AM
But why - in a thread about DR&TS - would people hate some of the members of that group? It sounds like madness.

ralpht
02-21-2019, 09:47 AM
Exactly, Levi...

PeaceNHarmony
02-21-2019, 10:28 AM
But why - in a thread about DR&TS - would people hate some of the members of that group? It sounds like madness.
I agree entirely! But you'd have to ask the 2-3 posters who do the hatin'.

RanRan79
02-21-2019, 11:10 AM
There are only 2 delusional Wilson fans on here

And a handful of delusional Ross fans as well. Let's not stop the stone throwing at only one side.

I've been watching this train wreck from the sidelines, warning myself not to weigh in on such silliness, but I'm a glutton for punishment, so...:rolleyes: I'm shocked [[though I shouldn't be) that the words "National Enquirer" wasn't enough for every single person in the thread to immediately disregard it and move to another thread more worthy of discussion. The fact that the "writer" had Cindy in the mix when we all know- or suspect- what's going on there, should've been the second warning to find something else to do with your lives. But if there's an occasion for certain screenames to denigrate Diana Ross, they'll jump at the chance, even if it's from a rag with a horrible reputation. And if there's an occasion for certain screenames to denigrate Mary Wilson, they'll jump at the chance, even if it's from a rag with a horrible reputation. This dumb thread has 100+ responses, almost all of which are "fans" taking pot shots at two of the three most famous Supremes. Meanwhile, threads about the actual music get a handful of responses.

I think it's safe to say why some people are really in this forum...and the music aint got a damn thing to do with it. Sad.

nathanj06
02-21-2019, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=TheMotownManiac;502337]For heaven’s sake are you actually buying this???

And now you say you think it's true? Ok...let us know if you change your mind. Again.

TomatoTom123
02-21-2019, 03:50 PM
And a handful of delusional Ross fans as well. Let's not stop the stone throwing at only one side.

I've been watching this train wreck from the sidelines, warning myself not to weigh in on such silliness, but I'm a glutton for punishment, so...:rolleyes: I'm shocked [[though I shouldn't be) that the words "National Enquirer" wasn't enough for every single person in the thread to immediately disregard it and move to another thread more worthy of discussion. The fact that the "writer" had Cindy in the mix when we all know- or suspect- what's going on there, should've been the second warning to find something else to do with your lives. But if there's an occasion for certain screenames to denigrate Diana Ross, they'll jump at the chance, even if it's from a rag with a horrible reputation. And if there's an occasion for certain screenames to denigrate Mary Wilson, they'll jump at the chance, even if it's from a rag with a horrible reputation. This dumb thread has 100+ responses, almost all of which are "fans" taking pot shots at two of the three most famous Supremes. Meanwhile, threads about the actual music get a handful of responses.

I think it's safe to say why some people are really in this forum...and the music aint got a damn thing to do with it. Sad.

RANRAN! Will you and your voice of this reason leave this forum alone? Stop being so damn sensible all the time you-you-you... truth troll!! :p

mowsville
02-21-2019, 04:04 PM

I have thought that for years...you get a good thread about the music and no one hardly responds yet any chance to rip The Supremes to shreds and the posts go crazy..i just dont get it.

jobeterob
02-21-2019, 06:27 PM
Doesn't it have to do with things not working out in life for people? And they feel better if they can denigrate and make fun of others??

PeaceNHarmony
02-21-2019, 07:39 PM
Doesn't it have to do with things not working out in life for people? And they feel better if they can denigrate and make fun of others??I think so.

blackguy69
02-22-2019, 01:48 AM
Doesn't it have to do with things not working out in life for people? And they feel better if they can denigrate and make fun of others?? if that ain’t the pot calling the kettle black

Ollie9
02-22-2019, 04:08 AM

Your summarization of this thread is spot on Ran.. Having a joke and a little dig now and then is one thing, but some of these posts are really nasty and it's not just marv. I can't help but think this is the main reason many Supremes fans decline to post messages on this forum.

PeaceNHarmony
02-22-2019, 08:42 AM
I view it as 'When in Rome' - 'The rules of the road' - 'What's good for the gander' etc. To wit: if one poster is allowed, unsanctioned, to express their true opinions of one performer, why would it then be unacceptable for others to do the same regarding another performer? An application of the principles of classical logic and rules of inference would, I'm quite certain, lead us all to the same conclusion. A happy weekend to all!

RanRan79
02-22-2019, 09:36 AM
RANRAN! Will you and your voice of this reason leave this forum alone? Stop being so damn sensible all the time you-you-you... truth troll!! :p

Oh Tom, relax. I'm a troll who will probably be banned at some point in the future, so just hold your horses.:p

RanRan79
02-22-2019, 09:44 AM
Your summarization of this thread is spot on Ran.. Having a joke and a little dig now and then is one thing, but some of these posts are really nasty and it's not just marv. I can't help but think this is the main reason many Supremes fans decline to post messages on this forum.

I guarantee you that it's the only reason many Supremes fans don't participate. I lurked around SD for years before finally joining and throwing my two cents in the ring, and the reason why I took so long was because of that Ross hater who always seemed to be in the middle of some mess, usually a mess that he created. But I figured why should I let some jerk keep me from discussing my favorite vocal group of all time? So here I am. Except now I know that the Ross hater is not alone in his mess. There are some Ross lovers who orchestrate just as much drama...and honestly I think they are even more of a problem than he is because it's more of them. But anyway, I'm willing to bet that Supremes fans are scared away from the forum because of the drama makers. I myself have started taking long stretches of absences from the forum because it does get to be too much and little is done about it. It's not my forum so there aint much I can do.

ralpht
02-22-2019, 03:03 PM
Let me make clear, once again, the reason this particular room was created. I got tired of putting out fires throughout the forum regarding any and all things Supreme, The deal was, anything goes in this room and I don't have to deal with it. So here it is. You asked for it. Now deal with it without bitching.

jobeterob
02-22-2019, 05:11 PM
I think the Supremes forum has been a fantastic success and both it and the Motown Forum are better for it

There’s tons of activity in the Supremes forum and while it’s easy to get to on a phone, it’s not so easy on a desktop

Having a gadfly inside stirring the honeypot is a great idea too - the bees come flying and rout the gadfly !

Good work Ralph and Lowell! It’s time for us to send in another forum donation

RanRan79
02-22-2019, 05:33 PM
Let me make clear, once again, the reason this particular room was created. I got tired of putting out fires throughout the forum regarding any and all things Supreme, The deal was, anything goes in this room and I don't have to deal with it. So here it is. You asked for it. Now deal with it without bitching.

As long as bitches are allowed to come into the forum that you created and add nothing but drama and arguments-because apparently it's a fun thing to do-I'm going to bitch about it. And I never asked for a separate forum, nor did I ever complain about a separate forum. [[Personally I thought that there should be sub forums for all the acts that generate the most activity so as to make it easier to find those posts, but that's just a personal critique.) But I find it strange that if the Supremes forum is allowed to be a free for all without a moderator, you pop in to moderate the people saying its some bullshit that the forum has bad apples in the bunch that frighten away more good apples who would participate. So basically, the bitches whose purpose is to come to the forum and bitch about two former Supremes are allowed to bitch without rebuke, but the folks who complain about it are bitching and should just deal with it? Now aint that a bitch?:p

midnightman
02-22-2019, 05:39 PM
This thread is dead. Rest in peace.

https://media.giphy.com/media/13Yjln8dW18nEA/giphy.gif

ralpht
02-22-2019, 10:49 PM
Now that you have had your Bitch Fest Ran, How would you correct the problem?

ralpht
02-22-2019, 10:50 PM
Thank you, Rob.

RanRan79
02-23-2019, 12:13 AM
Now that you have had your Bitch Fest Ran, How would you correct the problem?

Three pages and 100+comments of folks bitching about [[I want to insert "two bitches" here to keep with my bitch theme but that would be so disrespectful to two women I respect so very much) two former Supremes, and I'm the one having a bitch fest? Yeah, okay Ralph. I see you.

But since you asked, my correction would be to remove the problems. No ifs ands or buts. Soulful Detroit is an excellent site. Lots of good people here, so much fantastic Motown and soul music information. If I just wanted to bitch- as you seem to think is my contribution to the forum- there's tons of online sources to do that, such as Youtube, where the comment section makes some of what goes on at Soulful Detroit look like an episode of Mister Rogers'. I've told you before that I understand fully the pressure you're under running this ship. I'm a member of an admin team of a Facebook African American genealogy group, as well as co admin of the forum similar to this one located on the web that was begun because of the popularity of the FB group. So I fully understand the tough job that exist in trying to keep different personalities and headbutting in check. However, tough as it may be, you gotta put your foot down if you find that there's a tone circulating among some that is contradictory to the tone you hope to set for the forum.

Two or three days ago I had this dude post about a conclusion he had come to based on his DNA haplogroup. This started a conversation among some who hoped to get the brother to understand that his conclusion was faulty, and they laid out the reasons why in as respectful a way as you would imagine normal grown folks corresponding. Dude didn't like it and he resorted to name calling and insults. From his photo he looked to me like he was about 19 or 20. I'm always excited when young Black people get interested in their family history, so rather than boot him out, I gave him a warning. Then I found out he was nearly 30. Too old not to know how to disagree without being nasty. He chose not to heed my warning. He is now probably trying to figure out how he can get back into the group, since he's been booted and blocked. As I explained to him, if he can't get his point across without resorting to such nastiness, the group wasn't the place for him. I keep reading the "old timers" in Soulful Detroit saying that Motown people once regularly posted here until they were scared off. Ralph maybe if you took a hard stance against some of them [[and I'm sure you know who they are, if not I'll gladly provide you a list:cool:) the forum would evolve into a place where fans and artists alike could congregate and talk MUSIC again. I am by no means suggesting that this would end all conflicts. Wherever there are people there will be conflicts, but the hope is that adults should be able to resolve said conflicts without reflecting poorly on the rest of the forum. Like I said before, I didn't- and don't- have a problem with a separate Supremes forum, but the fact that you felt the need to create it as a result of the shenanigans that go on here, is sad as hell. I realize I'm not the most popular person here and my contributions are mostly my overrated two cents of an opinion about whatever the subject matter is, but I value this forum as the place where I can talk my kind of music with people who appreciate the music as most of my peers are not of my same musical tastes. So yeah, I'll bitch and have a whole bitchfest to boot to ensure that folks know that there's one [[of many to be sure) who thinks it's enough of the negativity. Dole out consequences for those who can't play nice and you'll see a different forum. That's what I think anyway.

And remember, you asked.:p

ralpht
02-23-2019, 11:19 AM
Ran, you say to solve any forum problems is to "remove the problem, no ifs ands or buts". How would you handle a long time respected member who just happened to go off on something? It is difficult to look at situations in black and white when there is too much variation involved, creating an enormous gray area to deal with. However, you may have solved your own problem. Simply employ the "ignore" button and your problem is solved. The perp disappears. Try it.

TheMotownManiac
02-23-2019, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=TheMotownManiac;502337]For heaven’s sake are you actually buying this???

And now you say you think it's true? Ok...let us know if you change your mind. Again.

I apologize for not being clear.
I do not believe the article as written is true. I do not believe Diana Ross requested that Cindy - someone that she personally knows is incapable of attending be banned from the stage. No, I do not believe that.
I do believe, understand, and find no fault with Diana Ross requesting not to be on stage with Mary Wilson. I don’t KNOW if it’s true, but, I believe it could be easily be true. If I were she, it would be true.

nathanj06
02-23-2019, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=nathanj06;503169]

I apologize for not being clear.
I do not believe the article as written is true. I do not believe Diana Ross requested that Cindy - someone that she personally knows is incapable of attending be banned from the stage. No, I do not believe that.
I do believe, understand, and find no fault with Diana Ross requesting not to be on stage with Mary Wilson. I don’t KNOW if it’s true, but, I believe it could be easily be true. If I were she, it would be true.

Let's just let it go. I apologize for my part. I honestly cannot stand all these decades of bickering over The Supremes and their individual members. It really has chipped away at their wonderful legacy they all helped to create. Love and admire whomever you choose but let's not get into another hate fest and be so over sensitive about a "girl group" that hasn't existed but maintained their popularity for years. Enjoy those incredible singles and albums we all cherish so much and forget these worthless threads and find something positive to say. I for one am ashamed I even made a previous comment. Keep the peace.

Albator
02-23-2019, 03:13 PM
Isn't it a bit contradictory pretending looking for subject about the greatness of The Supremes 'music and then opening a topic whose title refers to the National Inquirer. We know a little bit about what to expect, don't we?
Then, to really know what is happening on such a subject, to judge honestly about who is saying what, you have to read more than 100 interventions! Isn't it a little bit masochist?
All this to take the posture of the wise, sicken to witness so much childishness....
Isn't that adding drama where it already exists.
Since I've been on the forum, and others before, there's been a speaker and his devoted coterie, who uses Diana Ross as a pretext to attack her fans through her. In return, they respond as they feel they should.
Diana Ross seems to provoke that kind of feeling and that's fine. Complainnig is a lost cause, be surprised is dishonest.

jobeterob
02-24-2019, 12:22 AM
None of this is new - a la Beatles, Beyoncé, Madonna - the bigger the star the uglier the talk

It’s just a bunch of idle meaningless chat

RanRan79
02-24-2019, 02:33 AM
Ran, you say to solve any forum problems is to "remove the problem, no ifs ands or buts". How would you handle a long time respected member who just happened to go off on something? It is difficult to look at situations in black and white when there is too much variation involved, creating an enormous gray area to deal with. However, you may have solved your own problem. Simply employ the "ignore" button and your problem is solved. The perp disappears. Try it.

I'd remind the long time respected member to stay on course. If that member has as much respect for you and the forum as you and the forum would have for them, they'll cut it out and let a moment where they "just happened to go off" be just that: a moment. We certainly all have them, but you have screennames that have waaaaayyyyyy more than a moment. Sure there are some gray areas, and you'd have to use your judgement on that, but a lot of what goes on around here can't just be gray area. Again, you had to create a whole separate section for the Supremes because adults couldn't discuss the subject without someone going over the deep end in their "devotion" to Mary Wilson and/or Diana Ross. It's ridiculous you were made to feel that this was your only option [[barring the censorship of anything related to the Supremes, I'm sure).

As for the ignore button, you don't have to tell me about that. I've gotten to the point where if a particular screenname smells like trouble, they get blocked. Gotta be around 12 to 15 names. And it is a good tool and it certainly makes my forum time more pleasant. But I don't know if the ignore feature helps potential members considering getting involved in the forum, especially actual artists. I'd rather see the forum grow than to see good contributors leave or get scared off from joining in at all and basically leaving the forum with nothing but the crazies.

But if you're good with the way it is, what can I do or say that would change things? Nothing. And I have to allow you to feel how you feel. But likewise I have to be allowed to say the shenanigans around here are some bullshit because that is how I feel. Peace.

RanRan79
02-24-2019, 02:59 AM
Isn't it a bit contradictory pretending looking for subject about the greatness of The Supremes 'music and then opening a topic whose title refers to the National Inquirer. We know a little bit about what to expect, don't we?

I address that in my first post in this thread. Let me refer you to post #115. Thanks!

Then, to really know what is happening on such a subject, to judge honestly about who is saying what, you have to read more than 100 interventions! Isn't it a little bit masochist?

I did not read all of that. I read enough. As for being a masochist, I wouldn't go that far but you'll find a bit of response to your question in post #115.

All this to take the posture of the wise, sicken to witness so much childishness....
Isn't that adding drama where it already exists.

Only in the minds of the ones who get off on the drama. To the ones who do not, it's probably very easy to understand that I value the forum and it's integrity. And because of that, if I feel things can be better, I speak on it. I can't do anything about it except voice my issue. If I had the ability to act on my feelings, things would be different around here and a few people would be gone. Problem solved.

Since I've been on the forum, and others before, there's been a speaker and his devoted coterie, who uses Diana Ross as a pretext to attack her fans through her. In return, they respond as they feel they should.

I call BS on this. It's not just that person and his best friend [[I'm certain I know the two you are referencing). Their same antics and shenanigans are mirrored on the other side. Fans can't be attacked through any specific star. Either the poster attacks you or they don't. That "speaker" you're most likely referencing attacked me personally, which is why I would often get in his ass about something. Who gives a shit if he hates Diana Ross and says nasty stuff about her? He aint bad enough to say it to her face, so what? He is nasty enough to insult specific posters. He doesn't need Diana Ross to do it. So the ones who make it a life mission to do the same crap to Mary that he does to Diana are playing the same sick game. And then it goes off the rails, as usual, when it could've all been avoided if everyone was allowed to give their opinion and go home.

Diana Ross seems to provoke that kind of feeling and that's fine.

She provokes that in certain people, sure. People who have done great things with their lives- and especially when they appear to be as happy as Diana appears to be- tend to be a target for people who probably wish their lives were as rich [[and I don't mean "rich" as in financially either). Diana Ross is a highly respected, very gifted singer. People whose lives may not have always worked out the way they once wished might find some sick joy in targeting her.

Complainnig is a lost cause, be surprised is dishonest.

Never really surprised by the bull that goes on around here, but until Ralph bans me, I will speak up when necessary if I think it means the forum some good. Are we really at a place in history where speaking up for good things draws more of a backlash than speaking ill?

Albator
02-24-2019, 04:48 AM
I address that in my first post in this thread. Let me refer you to post #115. Thanks!

I did not read all of that. I read enough. As for being a masochist, I wouldn't go that far but you'll find a bit of response to your question in post #115.

Only in the minds of the ones who get off on the drama. To the ones who do not, it's probably very easy to understand that I value the forum and it's integrity. And because of that, if I feel things can be better, I speak on it. I can't do anything about it except voice my issue. If I had the ability to act on my feelings, things would be different around here and a few people would be gone. Problem solved.

I call BS on this. It's not just that person and his best friend [[I'm certain I know the two you are referencing). Their same antics and shenanigans are mirrored on the other side. Fans can't be attacked through any specific star. Either the poster attacks you or they don't. That "speaker" you're most likely referencing attacked me personally, which is why I would often get in his ass about something. Who gives a shit if he hates Diana Ross and says nasty stuff about her? He aint bad enough to say it to her face, so what? He is nasty enough to insult specific posters. He doesn't need Diana Ross to do it. So the ones who make it a life mission to do the same crap to Mary that he does to Diana are playing the same sick game. And then it goes off the rails, as usual, when it could've all been avoided if everyone was allowed to give their opinion and go home.

She provokes that in certain people, sure. People who have done great things with their lives- and especially when they appear to be as happy as Diana appears to be- tend to be a target for people who probably wish their lives were as rich [[and I don't mean "rich" as in financially either). Diana Ross is a highly respected, very gifted singer. People whose lives may not have always worked out the way they once wished might find some sick joy in targeting her.

Never really surprised by the bull that goes on around here, but until Ralph bans me, I will speak up when necessary if I think it means the forum some good. Are we really at a place in history where speaking up for good things draws more of a backlash than speaking ill?Do you think this was directed to you? It's not, it's something I think now, and this was the same two month ago and since i'm a Diana Ross fan. Larger than life, imperial Divas, provoque this type of behavior all over the occidental world, and even oriental from what I've been told.
I really don't care about what some writes here, but It's frustrating that all topics involving Diana Ross are obliterated by that this passive-agressive behavior. Since this is not directed towards Diana but her fans, there is no reason to remain polite at all times.

Ollie9
02-24-2019, 06:21 AM
I think of you as "The Force Behind The Power" RanRan. The lyrics to that song most certainly seem to fit.
Pleeeze keep posting "for good always wins the fight" lol.

Albator
02-25-2019, 02:58 AM
"But if you give but only words to lift someone higher
Then a heart of gold is what you will be"

Great song! to bad that she doesn't do it anymore

Ollie9
02-25-2019, 05:25 AM
"But if you give but only words to lift someone higher
Then a heart of gold is what you will be"

Great song! to bad that she doesn't do it anymore

A super song. There are some very positive and spiritual mantras tucked away in those lyrics.
Uk 27..................Not bad.

RanRan79
02-25-2019, 11:23 AM
Do you think this was directed to you? It's not, it's something I think now, and this was the same two month ago and since i'm a Diana Ross fan. Larger than life, imperial Divas, provoque this type of behavior all over the occidental world, and even oriental from what I've been told.
I really don't care about what some writes here, but It's frustrating that all topics involving Diana Ross are obliterated by that this passive-agressive behavior. Since this is not directed towards Diana but her fans, there is no reason to remain polite at all times.

Thanks for clarifying Al. Yes, I thought your post was directed at me. No worries. There is some passive aggressiveness that goes on, but again, it's not just Mary fans. Those barbs go in two different directions and both sides use the excuse that they're only responding to the other, but if you pay close attention to the threads [[both threads starring Diana and those starring Mary) you'll see how this thing really works. But like I said before, it's not my forum so all I can do is speak my peace.

RanRan79
02-25-2019, 11:26 AM
I think of you as "The Force Behind The Power" RanRan. The lyrics to that song most certainly seem to fit.
Pleeeze keep posting "for good always wins the fight" lol.

I appreciate the sentiment Ollie. I have a lot of respect for the forum in it's entirety but apparently I'm having a bitchfest to suggest we try to do better around here. Go figure.

PeaceNHarmony
02-26-2019, 06:48 AM
My bet is on Bego as the leaker. He's got another Wilson book coming out and he's leaking Oscar night stories like R Kelly.

Albator
02-26-2019, 01:08 PM
Thanks for clarifying Al. Yes, I thought your post was directed at me. No worries. There is some passive aggressiveness that goes on, but again, it's not just Mary fans. Those barbs go in two different directions and both sides use the excuse that they're only responding to the other, but if you pay close attention to the threads [[both threads starring Diana and those starring Mary) you'll see how this thing really works. But like I said before, it's not my forum so all I can do is speak my peace.
I trust you, and since I don't open the subjects about Mary Wilson, I can't verify it.
However, on the topic about Elton John party, although very short, we can already see the dream team at work and see how things can turn out.

TheMotownManiac
02-26-2019, 02:09 PM
My bet is on Bego as the leaker. He's got another Wilson book coming out and he's leaking Oscar night stories like R Kelly.

Bego? What’s he got to do with anything?

today I got a private message asking why I hate Mary. I had no idea I came across that way. I don’t hate Mary at all. I know Mary. I have her in my cell. She is a kind, fun, thoughtful, caring person who has, on one occasion, shown great care for me. I have respect for her talent and wish her well. If she opens The Carlyle with a new song from a 50s musical - that was my suggestion.

HOWEVER

As a Supremes fan, A Diana fan, I do not like Mary’s .......”behavior, ‘creativity’ and total lack of accountability for her actions concerning the Suptemes and Diana Ross.” Of course, it’s not for me to say how anyone should act - we all chose our paths - and even if we think we know what is best, we are really only thinking what’s best for us. I’ve always felt Diana to be very fragile. I know it seems crazy that this maniacally driven, steel hearted diva is really mush inside, but it’s how I feel. So, Mary’s public attacks really rub me the wrong way as does her rhetoric about loving Diane - as I feel it’s disingenuous based on past behavior and speak. So, I ultimately blame Mary for no Supremes anything for 40 plus years and in a perfect world, would have liked some of that. Ross is hardly blameless, but she’s been fairly open and honest about things.

Other than the Ross/Supremes thing, Mary is great. And anyone can get to know her just by going to her shows and buying a bottle afterwards. I signed on during the 70s, but Mary still enjoys the grape! And she’s fun!

PeaceNHarmony
02-26-2019, 09:08 PM

today I got a private message asking why I hate Mary. I had no idea I came across that way. I don’t hate Mary at all. I know Mary. I have her in my cell. She is a kind, fun, thoughtful, caring person who has, on one occasion, shown great care for me. I have respect for her talent and wish her well. If she opens The Carlyle with a new song from a 50s musical - that was my suggestion.

HOWEVER

As a Supremes fan, A Diana fan, I do not like Mary’s .......”behavior, ‘creativity’ and total lack of accountability for her actions concerning the Suptemes and Diana Ross.” Of course, it’s not for me to say how anyone should act - we all chose our paths - and even if we think we know what is best, we are really only thinking what’s best for us. I’ve always felt Diana to be very fragile. I know it seems crazy that this maniacally driven, steel hearted diva is really mush inside, but it’s how I feel. So, Mary’s public attacks really rub me the wrong way as does her rhetoric about loving Diane - as I feel it’s disingenuous based on past behavior and speak. So, I ultimately blame Mary for no Supremes anything for 40 plus years and in a perfect world, would have liked some of that. Ross is hardly blameless, but she’s been fairly open and honest about things.

Other than the Ross/Supremes thing, Mary is great. And anyone can get to know her just by going to her shows and buying a bottle afterwards. I signed on during the 70s, but Mary still enjoys the grape! And she’s fun!I didn't read your full post [[wayyy too long), but what Bego's Got To Do With It is, as I stated, his probable plant of the ... 'information'. As I said in my post he's regurgitating stories currently so it's my opinion that he planted this story. I don't hate Mary either. It's not Mary's fault that Diana haters cling to her like plastic slipcovers on a faux-leopard print sofa. It ... just ... is.

PeaceNHarmony
02-26-2019, 09:13 PM

HOWEVER

Other than the Ross/Supremes thing, Mary is great. And anyone can get to know her just by going to her shows and buying a bottle afterwards. I signed on during the 70s, but Mary still enjoys the grape! And she’s fun!I didn't read your full post [[wayyy too long), but what Bego's Got To Do With It is, as I stated, his probable plant of the ... 'information'. As I said in my post he's regurgitating stories currently so it's my opinion that he planted this story. I don't hate Mary either. Outside of this forum she does not register a single ping for me. It's not Mary's fault that Diana haters cling to her like plastic slipcovers on a faux-leopard print sofa. It ... just ... is.

jobeterob
02-26-2019, 10:40 PM
Mary should give Bego’s butt a kick goodbye; such clingers do her no favours

jobeterob
02-27-2019, 12:26 AM

HOWEVER

Other than the Ross/Supremes thing, Mary is great. And anyone can get to know her just by going to her shows and buying a bottle afterwards. I signed on during the 70s, but Mary still enjoys the grape! And she’s fun!

I don’t think you hate Mary at all

Someone does appear to plant stupid stories that do nothing to help her ve friendly with Diana

In the other hand, I doubt Diana pays press trash stories much attention

marybrewster
02-27-2019, 12:36 AM
Mary should give Bego’s butt a kick goodbye; such clingers do her no favours
Am I actually agreeing with you? Lol. Couldn't have said it better. He is doing Mary NO favors.

marybrewster
02-27-2019, 01:00 AM

HOWEVER

Mary still enjoys the grape. That made me laugh out loud. My God, are you Jackie Susann?

TheMotownManiac
02-27-2019, 02:49 AM
I didn't read your full post [[wayyy too long), but what Bego's Got To Do With It is, as I stated, his probable plant of the ... 'information'. As I said in my post he's regurgitating stories currently so it's my opinion that he planted this story. I don't hate Mary either. Outside of this forum she does not register a single ping for me. It's not Mary's fault that Diana haters cling to her like plastic slipcovers on a faux-leopard print sofa. It ... just ... is.

NOW I know why Bego was mentioned....... page 6 loves dirt and Mark n Mary love attention, so he prolly was a little tipsy and let his tongue waggle a bit - I don’t know what his intent was but As far as I know he has nothing to do with being a spokes person for Mary so he might’ve been dishing just to gossip, or to get a ttension in the press. Either way I love the Lorna Luft angle “ hit the bunkers” lololol. He creeps me out a bit, but he and Mary are very close friends.