PDA

View Full Version : Supremes Poster on Ebay.....

test

DWSheffer
02-10-2019, 12:56 PM
Can any of our contributors from the UK tell me if this poster was, in fact, from the 60's? I saw it when it was listed but did some quick searching and did not see it anywhere on the web as being a period item. I liked the artwork but I didn't bite, I see it has since sold.
Thanks!
Darin

copley
02-10-2019, 08:25 PM
I'm not quite sure what you are asking but here is another copy for sale.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/679437109/supremes-stevie-wonder-martha-reeves?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=stevie+wonder+poster&ref=sr_gallery-1-9

Plus some details of the event.

https://rocknrollroutemaster.com/2015/04/08/motown-in-our-town-the-1965-motortown-revue-hits-the-uk/

DWSheffer
02-10-2019, 10:27 PM
I was asking if the poster was from 1965. Since you found another for sale cheap, that pretty much answers my question that they are reprints or a fantasy poster, not from the original era. I appreciate your help copley!

DWSheffer
02-10-2019, 10:33 PM
I agree waitingwatching. I really liked the look of the poster, it's nicely done but I personally do not collect reprints or reproduction items, only original Motown memorabilia from 1972 or before. When I was researching this poster in question earlier today, I found the one as you posted, as well as a couple others of similar design. I agree, those are more of what one would expect to find from the 60's.
Thanks for adding to the post.

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
02-10-2019, 10:51 PM
I agree waitingwatching. I really liked the look of the poster, it's nicely done but I personally do not collect reprints or reproduction items, only original Motown memorabilia from 1972 or before. When I was researching this poster in question earlier today, I found the one as you posted, as well as a couple others of similar design. I agree, those are more of what one would expect to find from the 60's.
Thanks for adding to the post.

LOL, I removed it since you had gotten your answer [[I figured it was unnecessary "filler"!) I was tempted to buy it myself, but like you, if it isn't genuine, I've got no interest.

copley
02-10-2019, 11:04 PM
It could well be genuine, just not an original edition which could cost ££££££!