PDA

View Full Version : Mica Paris Interviews Gladys Knight

test

marv2
02-08-2019, 02:15 AM
Here is an excellent and very candid interview Gladys Knight did with British singer, Mica Paris. She talks about many of the Motown artists, Berry Gordy etc,etc. This part 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhh7hzEu4pc

marv2
02-08-2019, 02:16 AM
Part 2 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoE-LWoaW6M&t=7s

Ollie9
02-08-2019, 05:55 AM
I really enjoyed listening to this interview. Two of my favourite female singers of all time. Mica Paris should have been HUGE, she is that good.
I would have liked to have heard Gladys talking about the Buddah years when they had control over all the material they recorded and little more about her solo career..... Hey- ho.

marv2
02-08-2019, 12:36 PM
I really enjoyed listening to this interview. Two of my favourite female singers of all time. Mica Paris should have been HUGE, she is that good.
I would have liked to have heard Gladys talking about the Buddah years when they had control over all the material they recorded and little more about her solo career..... Hey- ho.

It was a great interview. I love Mica Paris. Did you catch the part where Gladys says about Berry Gordy calling her ......."I ain't scare of you" LOL!

marv2
02-08-2019, 12:57 PM
She answers a lot of questions about Motown without making you have to read between the lines.

heikki
02-09-2019, 09:40 AM
Hi Marv!

An interesting interview. Thank you, Marv!
One thing that I noticed was that Mica completely passed Gladys' great records between 1957 and '66 on Fury, Maxx etc. Some of my biggest Gladys favourites derive from that era. Perhaps Mica wasn't aware of them.

Best regards
Heikki

marv2
02-09-2019, 10:12 AM
Hi Marv!

An interesting interview. Thank you, Marv!
One thing that I noticed was that Mica completely passed Gladys' great records between 1957 and '66 on Fury, Maxx etc. Some of my biggest Gladys favourites derive from that era. Perhaps Mica wasn't aware of them.

Best regards
Heikki

You're most welcome Heikki. She probably wasn't aware because if you noticed, she tried to skip straight to Motown and Gladys told her that Motown did not come until way, way down the line for them.