PDA

View Full Version : The Blossoms in backround of Motown Stars

test

Fullfillingnessfirstfinale
01-25-2019, 04:43 AM
I donīt know, if this was disscussed before, but I would like to ask, if anybody knows, if The Blossoms did backround vocals for Motown stars ? And it would be interesting why they did ?

Thanks for your responses.

BigAl
01-25-2019, 08:45 AM
It was my understanding that Jimmy Webb used The Blossoms on The Supremes' album which bore his name, but this might just be anecdotal. I don't know about any other Hitsville tracks on which they appeared, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are some. HDH recorded at least one track at Invictus on them [["Touch Me Jesus,") but then credited it to Glass House, just as Spector credited a couple of their songs to The Crystals. Seems like they were jinxed in that regard.

reese
01-25-2019, 09:45 AM
In the notes for THIS IS THE STORY, Mary confirmed that the Blossoms added background vocals to the Jimmy Webb album.

Aside from that album, I don't recall Darlene mentioning any Motown releases that they sang on. She did mention that they sang live backup vocals for Marvin Gaye a few times. And of course, they provided some backup vocals for him, Mary Wells, and Brenda Holloway when they appeared on SHINDIG!