View Full Version : The Blossoms Cover the Supremes II

test

marybrewster
01-21-2019, 11:39 PM
I HEAR A SYMPHONY

https://youtu.be/Cecm-GETxIA

RanRan79
01-23-2019, 10:58 AM
Lol I commented about this in your Baby Love thread. I didn't know you had posted it also. I like this version very much.

marybrewster
01-25-2019, 12:00 AM
Thanks ran. A couple things I noticed about this performance:

About half way through I swore there were about to go into Where Did Our Love Go?

I don't know enough about the Blossoms to be certain, but I see Darlene and Fanita, but can't tell if that's Jean or not?

This track must have been prerecorded; you can see Darlene start to struggle and flub a few words and lines.

I wonder what's with the getup? A show in Hawaii perhaps?

Overall I think it's great; Darlene takes it to a different place vocally and the result is a nice cover.

reese
01-25-2019, 09:53 AM
Thanks ran. A couple things I noticed about this performance:

About half way through I swore there were about to go into Where Did Our Love Go?

I don't know enough about the Blossoms to be certain, but I see Darlene and Fanita, but can't tell if that's Jean or not?

This track must have been prerecorded; you can see Darlene start to struggle and flub a few words and lines.

I wonder what's with the getup? A show in Hawaii perhaps?

Overall I think it's great; Darlene takes it to a different place vocally and the result is a nice cover.

That is Jean, along with Darlene and Fanita.

I believe this episode was shot on location in Hawaii. Darlene mentions it in her book.

Like many tv shows, the backing tracks for SHINDIG! were often pre-recorded. In this case, I think Darlene's lead might have been as well as I noticed a few flubs as well.

This is a nice performance, but I think their version of the Velvelettes' NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK was one of their best performances on the show.

RanRan79
01-25-2019, 11:07 AM

As good as Darlene is, what I actually really love about this performance is the background singers. I love their arrangement. Would've been interesting to hear Flo and Mary copy it for a performance to see how it might have turned out.