PDA

View Full Version : If You're Not Gonna Treat Me Right

test

BritishTony
01-16-2019, 06:48 PM
Always loved this. Now just discovered this live performance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-nscg7L-ak [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-nscg7L-ak)

Wow, the album cut is smooth & cool but this is so hot [[and I'm gay!). Ms Ross is so relaxed & natural here and sings with unexpected soul and sass. Why this wasn't a huge hit I'll never know. I've been a fan since the 60's but this is one of her best ever. To quote Shorty Long: "Just Ain't No Justice".

reese
01-16-2019, 07:52 PM
One of the best songs on that great album. Too bad it didn't do better.

midnightman
01-16-2019, 08:05 PM
"Love Me Right", not "Treat Me Right". :)

But small typo aside, it's easily in my top five of favorite Diana songs ever. :)

PeaceNHarmony
01-16-2019, 08:21 PM
Great song and great performance; thanks for finding. The voice, right?? And goodness the lady is gorgeous.

rovereab
01-17-2019, 04:58 AM
Wow, what a fantastic performance of this great song. Diana is really living the song with her voice and her body.

This should have been a successful single at the time. I wonder if it was released in the UK as a single?

midnightman
01-17-2019, 07:14 PM
Wow, what a fantastic performance of this great song. Diana is really living the song with her voice and her body.

This should have been a successful single at the time. I wonder if it was released in the UK as a single?

I don't think it was. Could've been a hit over there though. I think Gone was [[didn't she film the video to Gone in London?).

TomatoTom123
01-17-2019, 08:30 PM
YAS, I love this song, especially when it gets going towards the end. :D

Boogiedown
01-17-2019, 11:10 PM
It gets going towards the end ???

Bluebrock
01-18-2019, 03:38 AM

No it wasn't but perhaps it should have been.

TomatoTom123
01-18-2019, 08:35 AM
It gets going towards the end ???

Yes Boogie :rolleyes: honestly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8WehA9D-YQ

Just before the 3 minute mark... is that a key change? I don't know but I like it :)

TomatoTom123
01-18-2019, 08:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-nscg7L-ak

Great performance Go Diana!

jobucats
01-18-2019, 10:09 AM
Yes Boogie :rolleyes: honestly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8WehA9D-YQ

Just before the 3 minute mark... is that a key change? I don't know but I like it :)

Yes, you are hearing a key change [[modulation). The song is moving from the key of C to the key of D.

TomatoTom123
01-18-2019, 06:51 PM
Yes, you are hearing a key change [[modulation). The song is moving from the key of C to the key of D.

Thanks jobu!

midnightman
01-18-2019, 09:01 PM
I love how the guitar riff remained the same since it was in D the whole time. :)

daviddh
01-18-2019, 09:50 PM
great song,album. i was hoping one of these more recent songs would get a remix like the last 2 that became hits.
Not Over You Yet never even got a US release?wtf? Sugarfree charted at #61 at some point. but so many great songs that were overlooked

Bluebrock
01-19-2019, 03:47 AM
great song,album. i was hoping one of these more recent songs would get a remix like th elast 2 that became hits
There were some nice mixes of this on the US cd single that didn't veer too far away from the original. A updated mix would indeed be nice.

jobucats
01-19-2019, 09:19 AM
I love how the guitar riff remained the same since it was in D the whole time. :)

Hey, midnightman, I just needed clarification in your comment. Are you saying that the whole song is in D? Or did you just mean that the guitar riff [[the pattern of the guitar) is the same for the whole song? I agree with the riff part, but respectfully disagree that the whole song in in the key of D. From my music background and attention to detail in what I listen to, this definitely begins in the key of C and modulates to the key of D.

Please don't interpret my pointing this out as a means of disrespecting you. It's the musical nerd coming out in me that just wants clarification. It's all good!

daviddh
01-19-2019, 10:15 AM
There were some nice mixes of this on the US cd single that didn't veer too far away from the original. A updated mix would indeed be nice.
Hopefully we get those 90s expanded editions this year with all these remixs

144man
01-19-2019, 10:18 AM
Would have been better without the drum machine.

daviddh
01-19-2019, 05:26 PM
wish she add this back in to the show

midnightman
01-19-2019, 06:00 PM
Hey, midnightman, I just needed clarification in your comment. Are you saying that the whole song is in D? Or did you just mean that the guitar riff [[the pattern of the guitar) is the same for the whole song? I agree with the riff part, but respectfully disagree that the whole song in in the key of D. From my music background and attention to detail in what I listen to, this definitely begins in the key of C and modulates to the key of D.

Please don't interpret my pointing this out as a means of disrespecting you. It's the musical nerd coming out in me that just wants clarification. It's all good!

Just the guitar riff. :)