PDA

View Full Version : Barry White documentary tonight

test

luke
01-14-2019, 10:22 PM
On Reelz channel at 10

jsmith
01-15-2019, 04:21 AM
Was there any info in the show about Barry's work with Felice Taylor [[for Mustang) back in 66 / 67 ?

Motown Eddie
01-15-2019, 11:11 AM
Was there any info in the show about Barry's work with Felice Taylor [[for Mustang) back in 66 / 67 ?

No there wasn't anything info about Barry's production work in the '60s. The show was part of the REELZ Channel's Autopsy series [[where the various causes that lead to Barry's death are explored).

sansradio
01-15-2019, 03:16 PM
Did anyone see last night's Donna Summer treatment on REELZ? I recorded it, but haven't watched yet.

reese
01-15-2019, 04:20 PM
Did anyone see last night's Donna Summer treatment on REELZ? I recorded it, but haven't watched yet.

I did the same, not knowing it was an Autopsy episode. But I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

midnightman
01-15-2019, 07:58 PM
Wish they re-air his Let the Music Play docu. Went into his music and the very sad final days of his life when his family was kept from seeing him. I cried when Shahera White talked about how Barry's no-good for nothing girlfriend and his manager at the time was keeping them away. Reminded me of when Billy Preston's manager kept his family away for similar reasons [[or kept their visits short).

Motown Eddie
01-16-2019, 12:24 PM

I've watched the Donna Summer Autopsy show on REELZ Monday night. As always with this series, they give a brief outline of the artist's career & influence, an overview of their final days, and exploring what causes let up to the person's untimely death.

reese
01-16-2019, 12:44 PM
I've watched the Donna Summer Autopsy show on REELZ Monday night. As always with this series, they give a brief outline of the artist's career & influence, an overview of their final days, and exploring what causes let up to the person's untimely death.

They were rather deceptive. I received an email from Reelz announcing the Donna show as part of their LOVE TO LOVE YOU 70s week. But nowhere in the email does it mention that the show was actually a part of the Autopsy series.

sansradio
01-16-2019, 05:15 PM
Thanks, people.

midnightman
01-18-2019, 11:01 PM
They were rather deceptive. I received an email from Reelz announcing the Donna show as part of their LOVE TO LOVE YOU 70s week. But nowhere in the email does it mention that the show was actually a part of the Autopsy series.

Right. Reelz had it like it was gonna be a docu on her and then it was "let's see how she lived the last few hours of her life". o_O

I'm still mad about Marvin's episode because that Hunter guy had it like the first shot was at the shoulder range. THE DOGGONE CORONER FROM THE 1984 AUTOPSY FILE CLEARLY SAID THE FIRST SHOT WAS AT THE HEART!!!

Motown Eddie
01-19-2019, 04:28 PM

And REELZ did the same thing with the other shows that were part of that Love To Love The '70s week. The Fleetwood Mac, Eagles & Van Halen programs had already been shown under their Breaking The Band banner [[and the Queen shows were Queen-How They Broke Free & Freddie Mercury-The Great Pretender both of which aired a few years back).