PDA

View Full Version : The velvelettes - he was really saying something [[rare clip)

test

copley
01-13-2019, 06:28 PM
THE VELVELETTES - HE WAS REALLY SAYING SOMETHING - Rare Clip

https://youtu.be/wZqiRd9eoh4

daviddesper
01-14-2019, 12:26 AM
Nice clip but that was clearly the recorded version as opposed to a live performance, and those background guys could not possibly have been playing the same song.

marv2
01-26-2019, 10:01 PM
There were several different groupings of the Velvelettes over the years with Cal Street being the one constant member.

BigAl
01-27-2019, 04:21 PM
The quality of the video is pretty poor, but I suppose that's Annette McMillan on the right, but I wonder who's on the left. It's certainly not Sandy Tilley. I suppose Cal must have engaged whoever was at hand for a while there, after being left basically holding the bag when Milly, Bert and Norma decided to suspend their involvement. Anyone know who comprises this particular lineup?

marv2
01-27-2019, 04:39 PM
The quality of the video is pretty poor, but I suppose that's Annette McMillan on the right, but I wonder who's on the left. It's certainly not Sandy Tilley. I suppose Cal must have engaged whoever was at hand for a while there, after being left basically holding the bag when Milly, Bert and Norma decided to suspend their involvement. Anyone know who comprises this particular lineup?

The third lady is Gail Sonders, a singer out of Pittsburgh that had a couple of singles out in the early 70s. I understand she is still singing today. Annette's son and daughter have seen this clip and expressed how proud they were of their mom.

BigAl
01-27-2019, 05:38 PM
Hw did I know you'd know that...lol!

marv2
01-27-2019, 06:03 PM
Hw did I know you'd know that...lol!

hehehehehehehehehe!