PDA

View Full Version : Jean Terrell in the FLOS

test

marybrewster
01-13-2019, 01:00 PM
Just an observation and my own opinion:

Having watched several clips of the FLOS, does anyone else think that Jean comes across as OVERLY animated, to a point where it's almost cheesy?

https://youtu.be/boNLzsSqxtc

marv2
01-13-2019, 07:40 PM
Just an observation and my own opinion:

Having watched several clips of the FLOS, does anyone else think that Jean comes across as OVERLY animated, to a point where it's almost cheesy?

https://youtu.be/boNLzsSqxtc

She seems fine to me here. Jean always "sang with her hands....". This back around the time I first saw the FLO's perform but in Detroit. She was made to be a Supreme!

lakeside
01-13-2019, 09:20 PM
Cheesy......really??? Well, she's not standing there stone faced, but, gives enough
animation she doesn't look half dead.

bradsupremes
01-14-2019, 12:25 AM
What I can’t get over is how much Jean’s voice changed. An incredible singer like her and it seems like her upper register was shot. She almost sounds entirely different. What was the change? Inactivity from singing? I know voices deepen with age, but this isn’t age. It’s like she couldn’t belt anymore.

midnightman
01-14-2019, 12:44 AM
Well she did quit singing in '78 so it's possible it was inactivity.

Bluebrock
01-14-2019, 03:59 AM
What I can’t get over is how much Jean’s voice changed. An incredible singer like her and it seems like her upper register was shot. She almost sounds entirely different. What was the change? Inactivity from singing? I know voices deepen with age, but this isn’t age. It’s like she couldn’t belt anymore.
It was inactivity pure and simple. Anyone who has ever aspired to be a great singer knows that the vocal chords need to be exercised to stay in optimum condition. Jean never really took her singing seriously enough once she departed the Supremes, It was never her main vocation in life. Just think what she could have achieved had she treated her voice better.

marv2
01-14-2019, 11:13 AM

It was probably due to yelling at those hard headed boys of hers LOL!

detmotownguy
01-14-2019, 09:46 PM
I connected the performance to my sound system; she sounds fine.

luke
01-14-2019, 10:24 PM
I agree. She sounded good to me.

gman
01-16-2019, 07:01 AM
the FLO's were ALL over for me once Jean left....3 legitimate Former Supremes was legit...Ladies who never sang in the group with Mary /while they were recording??? not good...Nuff said....but I think Freddie Poole was a good performer..she is currently with Helen & Valerie in the Three Degree's....and has never mentioned her FLO's association by name.

RanRan79
01-18-2019, 10:51 AM
Sounds good to me, although it's clear her voice has changed. Still no less effective. Such a travesty that she didn't continue to share her voice with the world after the solo album. I wonder what might she have accomplished in the hands of Clive Davis at Arista?

dvus7
01-23-2019, 10:29 PM

That was very personal statement!!! It has been noted!!!