PDA

View Full Version : Floaters Singer Larry Cunningham Passes Away

test

PeaceNHarmony
01-11-2019, 06:53 AM
https://www.soultracks.com/story-larry-cunningham-dies

marv2
01-11-2019, 11:31 AM
I remmeber Larry and the Floaters when they were a local group in Detroit. When they finally hit.....they hit big! Rest in peace Larry, float on......

Marv

manny
01-11-2019, 11:41 AM
In the first 80's, I made a program on the local radio station of my hometown along two years [[friday night during 2 hours) and some times played their "Float One" 45 and some times I come to the radio station with their "Magic" album from wich I played 2 or 3 tracks [["I Just Wanna Be With You", IMHO their best!),... Rest in peace Larry Cunningham, responsible of some of the best "soul" moments of the 70's!

P.D. I think Floaters have more than one member from the original Detroit Emerlads

PeaceNHarmony
01-11-2019, 08:37 PM
In the first 80's, I made a program on the local radio station of my hometown along two years [[friday night during 2 hours) and some times played their "Float One" 45 and some times I come to the radio station with their "Magic" album from wich I played 2 or 3 tracks [["I Just Wanna Be With You", IMHO their best!),... Rest in peace Larry Cunningham, responsible of some of the best "soul" moments of the 70's!

P.D. I think Floaters have more than one member from the original Detroit Emerlads
According to Wikipedia you are correct; the Floaters were an off-shoot of the Detroit Emeralds. I'm not an expert on either group so I can't definitively say. Howsoever, I was lucky to see the Floaters live, pretty much at their 'Float On'' zenith, at either Carnegie Hall or Avery Fischer Hall in Manhattan. They opened for either Aretha or A&S, and the ladies were lovin' each and every group member introduction!