PDA

View Full Version : The Main Ingredient 'Over You'

test

PeaceNHarmony
01-05-2019, 12:04 PM
Loving this MI cover of Gary Puckett & the Union Gap's 'Over You', from the great MI lp, '75's 'Shame On The World' -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg4MKECMzl8

TomatoTom123
01-07-2019, 09:13 PM
Oooooh, what a nice song. Thanks PNH.

I recall having a cheeky fondness for "Jamaica [[Let Me Go Home)" from this album. I can't remember what any of the other tracks are like [[well I'm pretty sure they're good but that's it). There you go. ;)

TomatoTom123
01-07-2019, 09:45 PM
Well PNH, you were right, that is a great album. I liked all of the tracks!!!! I do actually have all of The Main Ingredient's albums but I'm not that familiar with them apart from "Everybody Plays The Fool", "Can't Stand Your Love" and "Evening Of Love", my faves. :)

PeaceNHarmony
01-08-2019, 09:24 AM
Well PNH, you were right, that is a great album. I liked all of the tracks!!!! I do actually have all of The Main Ingredient's albums but I'm not that familiar with them apart from "Everybody Plays The Fool", "Can't Stand Your Love" and "Evening Of Love", my faves. :)
MI certainly were a great, and adventurous group. It's great that they have the iconic 'Everybody' but they are in no way 1-hit-wonders! I had missed out on the 'Shame' lp and it's a great discovery for me.