PDA

View Full Version : Flos Performance in UK this month

test

luke
11-18-2018, 08:12 PM
The ladies have sure kicked it up a notch! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EN2NYz2RSLk

markdtiller
11-21-2018, 12:34 PM
I was at this performance at the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury. They were also in Romford and Great Yarmouth. It was my first time seeing this new lineup and their first UK gig for many years and Scherrie, Susaye and Joyce really put on a good show. The clip of "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking" was their only song that they recorded together as The Supremes, but there was quite a few other 70s hits, along with the usual from the 60s including "Get Ready", a nod to Aretha with "Respect", the old standby "How Do You Keep The Music Playing" and an encore of "Happy".

Unfortunately the first half of the first half was marred by sound problems, which should have been sorted out at the sound check. Scherrie & Susaye in particular were on great form and really showed their personalities. All looked very trim and svelte. Joyce was rather reserved in comparison and looked a little ill at ease at times as if she was a new member not Susaye. She lead fully on only two songs "Come See About Me" and "Up The Ladder" and forgot the lyrics to the second verse, but covered it well. I hope they come back and do more in other parts of the country. There seems to be demand as it was practically a fill house.

If anyone wants a full set list, I will post.

marv2
11-21-2018, 02:09 PM
That was great. It's clear that they are putting more effort into their stage performances. Thanks Luke!

luke
11-21-2018, 05:16 PM
My pleasure Marv. They do seem tighter and more “Supremes like.” Happy Thanksgiving!

daviddh
11-21-2018, 08:23 PM
i like this line up. they look and sound good together

marybrewster
11-25-2018, 01:00 AM
I was at this performance at the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury. They were also in Romford and Great Yarmouth. It was my first time seeing this new lineup and their first UK gig for many years and Scherrie, Susaye and Joyce really put on a good show. The clip of "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking" was their only song that they recorded together as The Supremes, but there was quite a few other 70s hits, along with the usual from the 60s including "Get Ready", a nod to Aretha with "Respect", the old standby "How Do You Keep The Music Playing" and an encore of "Happy".

Unfortunately the first half of the first half was marred by sound problems, which should have been sorted out at the sound check. Scherrie & Susaye in particular were on great form and really showed their personalities. All looked very trim and svelte. Joyce was rather reserved in comparison and looked a little ill at ease at times as if she was a new member not Susaye. She lead fully on only two songs "Come See About Me" and "Up The Ladder" and forgot the lyrics to the second verse, but covered it well. I hope they come back and do more in other parts of the country. There seems to be demand as it was practically a fill house.

If anyone wants a full set list, I will post.

I've always wondered how Joyce feels about the groups billing. Generally speaking, there's hardly any mention of her, which is ridiculous as the group is more than just Scherrie and Susaye. Anyone can see there's three ladies on stage.

You mentioned Joyce lead on "Come See" and "Ladder"; did she also give a nod to Dawn with any of their hits? I know sometimes she does "Knock" and "Yellow Ribbon".

lakeside
11-26-2018, 07:47 PM
https://www.scherrieandsusayeformersupremes.com/blog-news--events

markdtiller
11-27-2018, 03:42 PM
I've always wondered how Joyce feels about the groups billing. Generally speaking, there's hardly any mention of her, which is ridiculous as the group is more than just Scherrie and Susaye. Anyone can see there's three ladies on stage.

You mentioned Joyce lead on "Come See" and "Ladder"; did she also give a nod to Dawn with any of their hits? I know sometimes she does "Knock" and "Yellow Ribbon".

Obviously Tony Orlando & Dawn were mentioned in Joyce's group intro. Susaye was introduced last interestingly. But they did not cover any dawn songs, nor any from "Partners" even though it was mentioned. They didn't mention that Joyce [[among others) sang backing vocals on the album.

bradsupremes
11-27-2018, 05:51 PM
I saw them back in August in Waltham, Mass. They were incredible. Susaye adds a vocal spark to the group. I hope they get more gigs.

luke
11-28-2018, 08:30 PM
Joyce is touring much of December with Tony Orlando &Dawn.

detmotownguy
11-30-2018, 12:43 AM
Be nice to see Mary sing w SS for a few dates. Won’t happen tho.

daviddh
12-01-2018, 11:02 AM
Joyce is going to be busy with the TOAD reunion and FLOS. hope to see Joyce in atlantic city next week

lakeside
12-01-2018, 06:19 PM
The ladies in the UK....looking very Supreme!
https://www.scherrieandsusayeformersupremes.com/uploads/1/0/8/5/108575119/published/dsc-0318.jpg?1543436567

marv2
12-01-2018, 06:26 PM
The ladies in the UK....looking very Supreme!
https://www.scherrieandsusayeformersupremes.com/uploads/1/0/8/5/108575119/published/dsc-0318.jpg?1543436567

That is a very nice picture lakeside. Thanks.