PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson - Interview on WFDU

test

marv2
11-12-2018, 01:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaYlIw40iig

milven
11-12-2018, 02:04 PM
Nice interview. Marv. Glad he moved the interview away from the beginnings of the group [[which she talks about in every interview ) to allowing her to speak about the group after Diana left and that the group had continued success with Jean.

When Mary said that the group did an Irving Berlin album, did she mean to say Rogers and Hart? In another thread, someone said that ALL of the members seem to get dates and names mixed up. This may be another example.

She mentioned that she is writing another book. She updated her first two books when they were combined and that brought her life up to the RTL fiasco. What more is there to write about?

She did a nice promo for her Cafe Carlyle appearance. She emphasized Mary Wilson, not the Supremes, although Mary and the interiewer did say that she would throw in one or two Supremes songs for the die hard fans of the group

Marv. as a Long Islander, and as one of her biggest supporters, I assume you are looking forward to attend this event.

Hope that you will share your first hand review of her performance. This is a wonderful venue.

For others interested in attending, there are four shows, and tickets are available

https://www.ticketweb.com/venue/cafe...york-ny/284974

carlo
11-12-2018, 02:30 PM
She mentioned that she is writing another book. She updated her first two books when they were combined and that brought her life up to the RTL fiasco. What more is there to write about?

From past interviews, I recall her mentioning a possible Supremes gowns coffee table book, as well as a shorter inspirational book, filled with her philosophies, likely comparable to Patti LaBelle's "Patti's Pearls". Not sure if this would be one of the books she is working on? Of course, this has been discussed for quite some time now.

At one point, I had assumed that Mary's Supremes coffee table book project was the book published by the V&A museum in the UK for the Supremes gowns exhibit. Although I think she has always implied she would like to do something more comprehensive...

Roberta75
11-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Marv. as a Long Islander, and as one of her biggest supporters, I assume you are looking forward to attend this event.
https://www.ticketweb.com/venue/cafe...york-ny/284974

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. I wouldnt hold your breath dear.

luke
11-12-2018, 07:04 PM
Thank you Marv! What an enjoyable interview. I’d love to read a part 3 of her life!

marv2
11-12-2018, 07:17 PM
Thank you Marv! What an enjoyable interview. I’d love to read a part 3 of her life!

You're most welcome Luke. I wished she had sang more of "The Tears". I know it would sound great.

detmotownguy
11-13-2018, 02:35 PM
You're most welcome Luke. I wished she had sang more of "The Tears". I know it would sound great.
Thanks for posting Marv. I hope she will write or is writing an inspirational book based on life lessons. Mary is the real deal.