test

mysterysinger
11-08-2018, 09:17 PM
A tucked away on a b side gem I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vqz8ha1NlQ

snakepit
11-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Mysterysinger,
I applaud your efforts to breath life into the Motown forum.

Regarding Shorty Long...a wonderful ballad , as you say , tucked away.

snakepit
11-10-2018, 10:22 AM
Just checked on DFTMC
Original version cut on Bruce Channel , then Four Tops and later recorded on Shorty Long.

Fourtopsbiggestfan
11-10-2018, 05:11 PM
Wonder why this wasn't on Shorty's ACE RECORDS cd.

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
11-11-2018, 12:44 AM
I wondered that too...

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
11-11-2018, 12:46 AM
Excellent post! Shorty did some wonderful things with Holland-Dozier-Holland. This one, "Function At The Junction" and a remake of "Your Love's Amazing" which is another lost, brilliant treasure.

Motown Eddie
11-11-2018, 06:28 AM
Truly, Shorty Long was a multi-faceted artist during all too brief run at Motown. His range ran from the comedy tinged dance music of "Function At The Junction" & "Here Comes The Judge", the sly blues of "Devil With The Blue Dress", to the sentimental "Call On Me" and the moving "I Had A Dream".

Nothing But Soul
11-11-2018, 07:42 AM

The full title of Shorty's Ace Records CD is "Here Comes Shorty Long. . .The Complete Motown Stereo Masters". Apparently, "Call On Me" was never mixed to stereo and that's why it wasn't included. I'm guessing the same holds true for "Your Love's Amazing."

Fourtopsbiggestfan
11-12-2018, 07:52 AM
The full title of Shorty's Ace Records CD is "Here Comes Shorty Long. . .The Complete Motown Stereo Masters". Apparently, "Call On Me" was never mixed to stereo and that's why it wasn't included. I'm guessing the same holds true for "Your Love's Amazing."

Thank you for the info. Surprised they weren't tossed there as bonus tracks or something.