PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wilson Sings "Someday We'll Be Together" Nov. 2018

test

marv2
11-06-2018, 07:37 PM
I don't know where this is, but it looks huge. The view in the video of the stage is kinda far back, but the audio is very good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHzR9c8EJ3k

danman869
11-07-2018, 01:07 PM
I appreciate that she changed the key to something that better suited her voice rather than trying to sing it in the original Supremes key and sounding less than good.

PeaceNHarmony
11-07-2018, 05:21 PM
I wonder if, like 'Love Child', she introduced this as one of her favorites ... does she mention to the audience that she didn't sing a note on the record?

marv2
11-07-2018, 06:16 PM
I wonder if, like 'Love Child', she introduced this as one of her favorites ... does she mention to the audience that she didn't sing a note on the record?

Why don't you go ask her?

marv2
11-08-2018, 06:07 PM
This was in Tampa. It was at the Mahaffey Theatre.

marybrewster
11-10-2018, 05:41 PM
https://youtu.be/Av4Ve94tJvw

Here Mary says she recorded "Someday" with Diana in 1970.

144man
11-10-2018, 05:56 PM

Why would she? That's not very peaceful or very harmonious.

marv2
11-10-2018, 06:00 PM
https://youtu.be/Av4Ve94tJvw

Here Mary says she recorded "Someday" with Diana in 1970.

Didn't you listen to what she said in the clip you chose to dispute what I said previously? She said "This is the last song I recorded with Diane in 1970...." She is still telling the truth. "The Farewell Album" was recorded on January 14, 1970 and released on April 13, 1970.

On that album the very last song recorded by Diana Ross, Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong is "Someday We'll Be Together"

marybrewster
11-10-2018, 06:13 PM
Didn't you listen to what she said in the clip you chose to dispute what I said previously? She said "This is the last song I recorded with Diane in 1970...." She is still telling the truth. "The Farewell Album" was recorded on January 14, 1970 and released on April 13, 1970.

On that album the very last song recorded by Diana Ross, Mary Wilson and Cindy Birdsong is "Someday We'll Be Together"

https://youtu.be/Gf9K7VLgtXY

Okay, I'll give you that one. But now explain yourself out of this.

144man
11-10-2018, 06:22 PM
What's this? The Spanish Inquisition?

Bluebrock
11-11-2018, 08:29 AM
https://youtu.be/Gf9K7VLgtXY

Okay, I'll give you that one. But now explain yourself out of this.
Interesting. Very interesting.

midnightman
11-11-2018, 02:04 PM
What's this? The Spanish Inquisition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WJXHY2OXGE

jim aka jtigre99
11-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Mary has made a number of mistakes with dates and timelines, but she was the one who went public with the Andantes used to sing backgrounds and sweeten vocals. If memory serves me correctly, the Andantes were thanked on the Floy Joy LP-wonder if any other Motown act ever did so. She is far from perfect but she has the right to sing Supremes songs. She was the only member from start to finish. I enjoyed hearing her sing this with Johnny Bristol, who remarked during taping that she sounded good.

midnightman
11-11-2018, 06:42 PM
I'm in agreement with Jim.

PeaceNHarmony
11-12-2018, 09:32 AM
Indeed we shouldn't be to hard on Mary. She never managed a hit so she needs to cobble together a setlist anyway she can.

thanxal
11-12-2018, 11:36 AM
Mary has made a number of mistakes with dates and timelines, but she was the one who went public with the Andantes used to sing backgrounds and sweeten vocals. If memory serves me correctly, the Andantes were thanked on the Floy Joy LP-wonder if any other Motown act ever did so. She is far from perfect but she has the right to sing Supremes songs. She was the only member from start to finish. I enjoyed hearing her sing this with Johnny Bristol, who remarked during taping that she sounded good.
This!!!!!!

luke
11-16-2018, 09:49 PM
I love how Mary sings SWBT... almost like a gospel song.

marv2
11-17-2018, 09:17 PM
I love how Mary sings SWBT... almost like a gospel song.

Very Gospel, very Soulful.

Circa 1824
11-19-2018, 08:42 AM
Stop singing diana ross' lead vocals.

Bluebrock
11-19-2018, 04:46 PM
Stop singing diana ross' lead vocals.
I don't think she particularly enjoys performing these songs anymore than we enjoy listening to her attempts at singing them, but I guess the promoters insist upon a few Supremes tunes in the absence of any solo hits. I agree it doesn't make for pleasant listening but I do understand why she still includes them in her act.

TheMotownManiac
11-20-2018, 03:09 PM
I’m glad Mary finds work singing these tunes, I personally do not enjoy them, especially SWBT as she can’t hit the notes and changes the melody to distraction. I, however, Do not have to listen to them so, for those few that like them, they get to hear them. It is my opinion however, that if the very same sound and look what is coming from someone other than a Supreme, that even the people that like Mary singing the songs would plug their ears. Also, that look would work much better for radio.

PeaceNHarmony
11-20-2018, 04:39 PM
I don't think she particularly enjoys performing these songs anymore than we enjoy listening to her attempts at singing them, but I guess the promoters insist upon a few Supremes tunes in the absence of any solo hits. I agree it doesn't make for pleasant listening but I do understand why she still includes them in her act.
Surely you are correct. Other than 'Of The Supremes" the name recognition would be pretty much zero.

midnightman
11-20-2018, 05:02 PM

Looks like promoters don't think a Mary show would sell without her doing them. :/

vgalindo
11-20-2018, 05:24 PM
I really don't enjoy any of the Diana Ross lead songs done by Mary. They really don't sound good IMO.

Ollie9
11-20-2018, 06:18 PM
I dont enjoy all of them, but some have been rather good, especially of late.