PDA

View Full Version : Groundbreaking Poet/Playwright/Novelist Ntozake Shange Dies at 70

test

sansradio
10-28-2018, 12:11 PM
https://thegrio.com/2018/10/27/pioneering-for-colored-girls-playwright-poet-ntozake-shange-dies-at-70/

nabob
10-28-2018, 06:59 PM
After all these years Somebody just walked off with my s..... and I have loved you assiduously still resonate in my head. May she rest in peace. Thank you for the slice of culture.

sansradio
10-28-2018, 07:11 PM
After all these years Somebody just walked off with my s..... and I have loved you assiduously still resonate in my head. May she rest in peace. Thank you for the slice of culture.

Yes, indeed. "i found god in myself/& i loved her/i loved her fiercely." Indelible. Rest in power.

marv2
10-29-2018, 12:05 AM
Just yesterday, I heard someone in a video mispronounce her name, but I knew who they meant. Another legend of the 20th Century has gone on. She always reminded me a a friend of mine from high school in terms of looks. Rest in peace Ms. Shange and thank you.

Marv

splanky
11-03-2018, 09:50 AM
Just in recent years have black women with similar approaches and outlooks as Ntozake
getting their respect and proper due but I'm happy to say I do see it happening. I didn't
always agree with or understand some of the things she would do and say at times but
realized early she was a special artist who would make a mark. Rest In Power, Ms Shange...
and thank you...