PDA

View Full Version : Former Ladies of The Supremes 1992 Jean Terrell, Scherrie Payne, Lynda Laurence

test

marv2
10-25-2018, 07:58 PM
A decade and a half after Suzanne DePasse said the Supremes had simply sequined out, here are former members looking and sounding great in 1992!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3hoP9UAXi8

lucky2012
10-26-2018, 11:20 AM
I haven't seen this before. Thanks, Marv. I've actually seen very few Jean Terrell performances post-Supremes, compared to Scherrie Payne. [[Not surprising considering the two ladies' different career paths and choices). I love all the Supremes, but I have a special fondness for Jean Terrell.
In another thread earlier this year I saw for the first time a Lynda Laurence lead performance in Hawaii. That's why I love SDF.

marv2
10-26-2018, 11:42 AM
I haven't seen this before. Thanks, Marv. I've actually seen very few Jean Terrell performances post-Supremes, compared to Scherrie Payne. [[Not surprising considering the two ladies' different career paths and choices). I love all the Supremes, but I have a special fondness for Jean Terrell.
In another thread earlier this year I saw for the first time a Lynda Laurence lead performance in Hawaii. That's why I love SDF.

You are most welcome Luck2012. What struck me most is how good they looked and sounded so many years after Motown's Suzanne DePasse proclaimed that the Supremes had "sequined out". That same year, 1992 had Mary Wilson looking and sounding amazing on the "Arsenio Hall Show".